[ZS] Squad Limit and Fight Inventory Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good suggestion. We will see if we can add that in. UPDATE: This is not a trivial addition, however, worst case scenario if you re-buy a piece of inventory that would not be of use in Fights you can always just sell it back again. This is not the greatest of solutions but you wouldn't be out any UNC.

It costs exactly how much you received when you sold the items back, nothing extra. On top of that we gave you some bonus credits so it is actually cheaper. I know this is not the most popular of changes but lets keep this in perspective.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    JADES likes this.
  2. Umaroth

Umaroth New Member

The “perspective” would be a lot more equal if you saw it from our POV, what if we decided we didn’t want to play anymore? Suddenly you get a bill from us asking for 25% refund from total purchases, since time played. It’s all virtual right? You get the items back we bought and hired squads? No harm no foul. Oh wait no, we played the game right. Spent countless time and money on it, really sucks when someone drops a dime on you like that. It’s a used product? Virtual or not this is malarkey. Full UNC refund on ALL previous owned items or gtfo.
    A. Play an all out survival mode(BA) where defense and stamina are key factors, no let’s change that to buy to win.

B. New survival mode(FW) where you can buy to win and play 24/7 to win, but if you work a real job don’t expect to have time to play, oh and your reward for your hard work is 5% of what you spent.

C. Level 1-1000(RAIDS) in a day for new accounts, sure click til you die, and here’s gear for free that customers spent literally $100s on.

C-2. Tired of playing the game where you die a lot, here hide for 3 days(protection)

E. Did you keep up with gear monthly? Upgrade hireds when necessary? Here is 25% more hireds, and btw spread those cheeks and take 430xs “30-36 UN” of more gear to buy.

F.
    U.
    great job filling your game with fake accounts and non spenders, at least you’ll have your baby PC to cater to because ZS is full of whiners. Enjoy guys. HPlostlove18, Kryptonite,Umaroth has left the building.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Where's D. ??? I see A, B, C, E and definitely see F AND U

4. Stuart Ward

Stuart Ward New Member

I like this change. It allows me to use all the low end raid stuff we've been accumulating and it reduces the impact of retired defensive players in the dead list. No change is ever going to please everyone so there will always be complainers.

Steven Jordan likes this.
  5. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Stuart
    It does not affect you because you are under level 3000. You did not have a chance to sell anything back. It only screwed the people over level 3000 that have been selling stuff back for almost 3 years.

Umaroth, Kirsten and Heather J. Fox like this.
  6. slave

slave Member

again and again and again, it goes back to the same thing, they have no one playing this game. apparently they dont have anyone on their "round table" when they discuss changes to the game that could foresee how bad of a change this was, unless.... it was completely deliberate to start with
    either way, i guess we just ASS/U/ME/D that they knew what they were doing, but they are just an indie company that is showing why their game will be on the shelf in a short time for making horrible decisions without thinking about what might happen, i wish you well on your next job mitch

you have heard the adage right? its much harder to get new customers than to keep old ones? your doing a terrible job of keeping the old ones....

spookierthanu and Heather J. Fox like this.
  7. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

I just wanted to share something I just read. A long time player in my faction sent in a ticket and didn't like the response. So they replied and told them to remove their accounts because they're quitting. A long term player who has spent money. What does kano do? Send her a canned message as a reply basically stating the same thing they've already told them. A canned message in response to a loyal player telling them they are quitting. That's so wrong, Kano.

Umaroth, L1LOne and Heather J. Fox like this.
  8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

actually, they had just changed it. Lowered the level needed to sell. I was quite ticked as I had rushed levels that I didn't want to, to be able to sell the stuff and then poof, just before I hit 3k they lowered it -_-

Funny thing, I'd waited a while to sell but ya know they had BA RIGHT BEFORE dropping the change in and decided to go for a run. So sold it all within 4 days of the change. And then.....The icing on the cake.....I couldn't play sudden death. ZS wouldn't load.

BWAHAHAHAHA yeah. That was my luck with this lovely change.

That being said sure we get to use the raid boss crap. I'd rather not have spent the money to find out they were keeping the money and using that chit instead. But thanks for trying stuart.

9. AlterEgoT

eh well. figured it'd be more complicated than copying it from the inventory coding. Was worth a shot.

strength sort would be nice too, but doesn't matter to me anymore. I decided it was better to deal with the clunky system then wait with a vulnerability to see if it was feasible.

Appreciate you giving it a look at least.

Still defeated. And it showed throughout the game. No one was in any mood to play. The ones that were around did gp and left for the most part. Or stared at their inventory for hours on end.

Should have released one of those UN sales with it at least, to help folks react quickly and dropped in something worth buying. The crap for sale right now is pathetic.

Given the defensive items don't come out that often really put us in a crunch.

Smack likes this.
  10. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I got a typical canned response back , calling me by someone elses name in the reply. The nerve ... everyone knows I am Joel sheesh Kano.

Heather J. Fox likes this.
  11. Umaroth

Umaroth New Member

Kano gave us the D, unnecessary to quote another.

AlterEgoT, spookierthanu and L1LOne like this.
  12. Hey Kano
    This game should not cause us this much effort. That is what I felt and am still feeling. I wake up and play the 4 games on sever 2. I go to work. I get home and play the 4 games again. Many of us do. Before you made the changes to Raids, you asked us what we thought. I gave you an earful as others did. At least you listened to us. This change to Zombies should have given you thought to ask us again for feedback. For, it is not a snap decision. It must have been in development for some time before making the change to the game this week. We are the players. We are the customers. I get the feeling you don't care about us. Is that the reaction you want from your customers? Or do you want "our players really stay for 5 years or more and spend hours playing."

This is your niche. This is your brand. Why chip away at our loyalty? Have you given thought to how you are to get new players to stay when after up to 2 years or more they still cannot get the full amount of members to make their characters stronger? Why would they want to stay after reading about this change that have members up in arms? In one fell swoop you make your most loyal and long playing customers weak as kittens.

The time period to have access to the items we sold needs to longer. Our items where sold over a very long time period. I have even bought crates that had unusable items that I sold back right after the purchase. And, that was your top of the line crate.

You can do better than that.

13. Monica la mitraille

Monica la mitraille New Member

I quit, fuck that KANO!!!

14. AlterEgoT

same thing here with the crates. And those boogers were expensive to just sell right back for a fraction of the cost. Was excited they dropped in the guaranteed. But the cost now is prohibitive to ensure the good item. Yes, I know it was supposed to be that way but good grief for a virtual trinket the stuff is expensive.

I understand we "used the un" so it's "not fair to give it back to us"

But kano, we didn't need the levels we got from the un. We simply sell the stuff quickly lest you decide one day to just take away the pawnshop. (You know kind of like you just decided to take away our strength we'd built so you could give us more to do) so we use it in BA or whatever event. We have very little use for leveling. Because, CONTENT DOES NOT KEEP UP. So to tell us well you used it so SOL. Just infuriates us all. We didn't care to level. We just had zero use for the items and it bogged down the upgrade screen (Have you tried the upgrade screen? it's horrendous in loading) so we sell the stuff, have some un, and use it.

In a nutshell. You have lost the trust of the players. We don't trust that anything we do will make any difference.

We build strong accounts, start fighting and hireds get dropped in. Oh sorry. You were too good, back to start you go. We overcome.

We get our health so that we can't be pk'd and we can ride the list to get some rivals etc. Oh sorry. You were too good. Drop in power heal. back to start you go.

We get the list active, YAY we're having fun. Oops, too much fun add delay. Can't have that.

We build a good balanced account. Oh sorry. We are changing our game to be event orientated and guess what. only one build does any good in any event. back to start you go.

We enjoy our little attacks although wish there were more targets. But no one has to take too much of a hit since it's limited. oh sorry. Drop in 100 attacks. Back to start you go.

We build with the statement from kano that it's supposed to be hard to level. We will never make it easy, that's the opposite of the game dynamics. Oh sorry. Drop in calendars out the wazoo and raid bosses. back to start you go.

We build to play ZS. oh sorry, zynga had an issue we absolutely must accomodate our competitor's customers, drop in 21 day protection. back to start you go.

We get items filled and work on getting them to stronger items so already double paying for the same slot. Oh sorry, too strong. Drop in extra items.

I won't even get into building a game that allows for folks to play completely dead 90% of the time and stack losses on any attacker at will thanks to how cheap and easy ambushes are. and the feeling of false advertising when it's billed as a free game that anyone can compete at. That hasn't kept pace with the game.

At the very least this should have been a slow integration. Not add more TS. More Hireds. AND more items at the same time.

space it out. And have some perks available to assist in the undoing the damage.

so yes, after cooling off and working to adjust to the damage done the key question every single player is asking right now is.............

Tell us why we should trust you.....................we are waiting.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  15. They don't give a crap. It's Friday, they're probably just playing at their stupid foosball table & bragging to each other about how much money they think they're going to rake in with these new changes.

Tony Cecil likes this.
  16. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

What you all did is just plain mean. You've taken a step to becoming a much much smaller version of Zynga. That game folded because of the changes...It's the reason i left it years ago. when they completely overhauled it. You guys change things too fast you lose loyal players...And it's not really the change for me...I'm going to adapt to that...It's making us pay for those lost items we thought we'd never need again. It's extremely greedy to say "well you spent them, didn't you?" Yeah we spent them thinking we'd never need them again. It's very mean. It's like you all said fuck it...Life's hard...like you're trying to teach us some sort of hard lesson. It's a game and what you did cost you loyalists. I will never understand how people can be like that. No empathy...None whatsoever. Not that I can see. END

Hemlox Pandemonium likes this.
  17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@AlterEgoT there is a lot to digest in your post but I appreciate you taking the time to organize your thoughts and to let us know. You raise a lot of valid points. But let me first acknowledge that I agree that we could have done a better job in communicating these most recent changes and how we rolled them out. Like you said it might have gone over a little smoother if we had not increased Squad AND inventory requirements in one fell swoop.

As for the other examples that span the last few years, yes we have made changes and we know that change is not always greeted with enthusiasm. But we are doing what we believe is in the best interest of Zombie Slayer for the long term. Do we make mistakes? Of course we do, but we are open to constructive criticism and feedback and will always try to meet our players in the middle if we find we've pushed it too far. Being able to reverse recent pawn shop transactions with the addition of some free credits is an example of this.

So why can you trust us? Because we aren't going to shy away from our community and we are very much listening to the feedback here as well as through emails and support tickets. You can trust that some new achievements are coming. And you can trust that we will strive to do better by our community.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  18. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

Smack, It's the fact that you're making us spend any UN at all to get our items back. The 15% credit was nice, but we don't think it's enough. I know we spent those UN that we got from selling the items ...The problem is we never would have sold them if we knew this was in the works. So charging us to get them back feels really dirty to us. It's extremely upsetting...Makes us feel like just numbers or something. Eating that and just giving them back would have said a lot and would have meant so much to us. You had that opportunity and only giving 15% feels like a punch in the gut.

Hemlox Pandemonium likes this.
  19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I understand your sentiment but we gave you UNC for those items and we aren't asking for a penny more to get them back. But again I understand that this doesn't go down well and it is a lesson for all of us here to learn from so we don't end up in this situation in the future.

I also understand that you never would have sold the items back had you known this was going to happen but we didn't know until recently either. It certainly wasn't planned as a bait an switch.

Thanks for the follow up @Tony Cecil

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have said this, others have said this over and over, we play the games you guys create them, but when you go home for the day, we are still playing, two different mindsets, and you guys have accounts , to check things out, but you 'don't 'play your own games , that is a fundamental difference, when you come up with ideas, that do not work in our reality many times.