[LCN] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 30, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

With all due respect, Smack. Beginning to doubt that myself. Since this fiasco began replies from Kano have had a " Our mind is made up" air to them.

Miss Kitty Snaps and playa$$ like this.
  2. In re: purple drop rate. I went all random this season, and got more or less 1 purple drop out of 7 in all. Did well over 100 raids total, so it's not a numbers issue.

One out of seven is pretty much exactly the expected random rate for superiors BEFORE the purported changes with no tiers and whatnot. Weren't you guys supposed to deliver more random purples after throwing two tier rewards in the bin, hmmm?

3. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

With the tiers there were 4 guaranteed superiors ( each tier plus owner of raid). I have no idea how many superiors were randomly awarded previously. Based on my experience when I didnt win my tier, I'm guessing the total number of superiors per raid was no more than 9 or 10 per raid.

10 out of 30 seems like a fair number. If the superior rate drop currently less than this, I suggest Kano increase the random rate to this level.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We will definitely keep an eye on how we word our replies going forward, but keep in mind that it is very easy to misconstrue true meaning via text.

Our replies have more been intended to convey the message of we hear/read the feedback regarding this cap, but at the same time our metrics are telling us a different story, which I have mentioned a couple times. We need to be sure to proceed cautiously with any future changes to get the best of both sides of the equation.

5. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Mi7ch. I am down in total raids done; UP in stams and nrgs bought. I was forced to do MORE/Raid to make sure things got done (I am a GF of a syndicate). The Heavies stepped up to the plate for THIS run and spent more and manned our spreadsheets 24/7! Next round they are going to be very reluctant to do that. I am representing RIP in this discussion (Sal's group). Do you hear what I am saying to you?

Marion Flying Dragon likes this.
  6. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

@mi7ch Will you be posting a break down/analysis of these metrics in the coming weeks? Also, you have to bare in mind that player actions also don't measure 1:1 with data. If you're seeing a select number of players mauling raids to save them from perishing then you need to ask the question of sustainability of this model. At least on Kongregate the big raid killers are stepping back from the spend and are shying away from publics. I know Kong isn't your primary concern as Facebook represents your biggest player base & spending but it at least serves as a test case of things to come.

As for people feeling ignored/undervalued (at least w.r.t their opinions) you've got to bear in mind the wider picture of devs ignoring concerns of player bases across the gaming community. The phrase "We hear your concerns" (in my best Jim Sterling accent) comes to mind.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the metrics followed by the Kano's team logic behind interpreting them and the resulting outcome. For example, we saw a decrease in raids failing and we're attributing that to the implementation of the raid cap. Moving forward we plan to keep the cap at 30 but will introduce a minimum actions requirement before joining new raids. Allowing for the big hitters to function around this and ensuring that even "campers" do action sooner rather than later.

As Smack said, "But, we will make decisions that we feel are the best for the game, which may not be exactly what some of you want. Do we get it right all of the time? Heck no. Can we please everyone? Probably not.". If we start from the standpoint of you can't keep everyone happy then why not give us some reasoning deeper than, "The Raid metrics we monitor that I mentioned in my post on Friday continued to trend up over the weekend." ? The game and service you provide centers around number optimisation and I'd say a good number of people in this game are statistics (or at the least excel spreadsheet) savvy. I appreciate you can't get us every minute detail influencing your process to change implementation/prioritisation but a little bit certainly wouldn't go amiss.

Rick B likes this.
  7. playa$$

playa$$ New Member

says they gave up on that raid 2 days before

8. playa$$

playa$$ New Member

wow that was a reply to kano unlocking someones raid that was stuck for 2 days and wondered why they didn't respond, duh why, as far as the raids and drops look at just what is on the board one fif over 500 bosses? some got keys some didn't? I never looked I want a raid I buy in. the raids were a dismal failure, I am tier 1 on several raids did twice the damage as a tier 3 enfing in number 1 spot I received a non superior IDK what other recieved, In one raid my friend who is t3 and we chat easily blew me awya in points there was no way even with constant refills to stay up with them on points we both ended up 1 and 2 and he got superior, the rest of the crowd was way below our scores. As I see it this raid event was for special teams of t3's to hit a raid get it done in a hour or less and go on to the next, 30 t 3's in a raid it will go very quickly, I again spent more than had planned just to see and was a bad resullt since I have went to god father and just bought bargains alot less clicking and better equipment, also the ratio of XP is near that of a normal boss so exp sure isn't a draw, 52 bosses last time 35 this time money spent about $250 bith times, levels gained last time 300 this time 25 yea tell me how good they are? You can feed it to me but don't mean I will swallow it

9. I kind of lost all interest in the raids. It used to be something that I spent fps on and bought some for it. I appreciated raid groups that made it a point to have all spots filled also the T1s and give them a chance to grow too. I liked how for the rewards you competed against guys of your own Tier group. There were still differences within the Tiers. Some kind of autoleveled and could play out higher levels easiy by just using their stamina/energy in a clever way. Others bought refills to get to their top spot. Last event I didnt even try anymore. I maybe did 1 third of what I usually do (so about 10) and only bought one refill when I didnt pay attention that I hit but didnt have energy to heal. So I bought this refill. It used to be way more. It was fp well invested. Now only the one top guy can see that he gets a reward, 29 others are in the limbo and have to trust on chances. That was what discouraged me as a Tier 1. Yeah, well, at level 3450 I probably should be happy with the silly common rewards - really? Yeah, I guess I rather skip the raids all together, spend my fp on the crates. That will at least get me one superior item guaranteed and chances are better to get 2 or even 3 superior items. Also we didnt get much help. No way I am going to post my raid to job chat where spots will get occupied by those idiots that intentionally block positions and then dont help. And those guys that have always been reliable helpers, well, others know them too and they were filled pretty fast thanks to the 30 raids cap. You know what, I dont care anymore.

Rick B likes this.
  10. Man on Fire

Man on Fire New Member

This game seems to be getting worse. More restrictions, increasing expenses, unethical favoritsm. Starting to give me flashes of mafia wars right before they gasped their last breath on life support, pulled the plug and became a campfire talking point right up there with bigfoot. I hope the situation here is not a walk back through that same keyhole of time.

It might just be a hint of deja vu cause i feel like we've been here before. What these companies who create these games always fail to realize before Elvis has left the building and the point of no returns been crossed, is that their player base will not always be loyal enough to continue being treated like grandmas old handbag. At some point, as with most of these fly by night Facebook games, the day will come when the carousel ride ends by way of greed, stubbornness and horrendous decision making. Always remember that you can not have a game that does not respect or compromise with the majority demand and expect long term sustainability.

Marion Flying Dragon likes this.
  11. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

I left Metamokie mob wars about 4+ years ago when they wouldn't listen to players about bots/scripts; as it turned out they closed so I'm glad I left before the fall. Not saying I'm leaving and this isn't about bots/scripts but the fact that Kano makes a change to raids in "other Kano games" because they listen to people who complained about not being able to get into public raids and the change worked for those games.
    I didn't see the amount of complaints in those games about the raid changes as I have in mob wars. I would love to know the number of players in each game and I'm sure that mob wars has the highest # of "active players". I've seen a ton of complaints about this change and it sounds like "we are listening" means it's not going to change.
    As much as I love the leveling and the help I was able give to other players in their raids; this change caused me to dip 3 times into my purse to get gf pts to keep raids from failing but I'm just not doing it this time - I'm boycotting the raids and I'm sure I'll be richer in my pocket and happy for it

FancyPants, Rick B and Kirsten like this.
  12. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

LCN is by far their most populated platform. The cap needs to be reconsidered for this paticular game.

FancyPants and Kirsten like this.
  13. Miss Kitty Snaps

I agree Rick but I think it needs to be put back the way it was, 3 tiers (4 would be nice) and no cap

Rick B likes this.
  14. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

No tiers is their way of being lazy and not recutting the tiers. or doing the math to add a fourth tier (you know math is hard n stuff - they said they didn't want to do the math in an earlier thread where we were pushing for a fourth tier). So, if we are stick with tierless raids for "our own good and whether we like it or not" the cap MUST go as it is hobbling the heavies. I believe I saw where they just removed it from PC's round of raids. For the love of all that is Holy, if they can roll over there . . .

Miss Kitty Snaps and Kirsten like this.
  15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You are correct, they removed it from PC on friday and there was dancing in the streets :)

Reesy901, Rick B and Miss Kitty Snaps like this.
  16. Miss Kitty Snaps

Kirsten - glad to hear, hopefully the tiers will reappear!

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer the no tiers, makes sharing so easy, don't have to look to see who is what level before I send out, and find out that particular tier is full for that particular player, cause I cannot keep up with all my clan and their levels daily, lol I have a few thousand clan, but of course in that crew I have the ones who I share and they share with me our raids, of which there are way more than 30 lol

18. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

I prefer the no tiers as well. Most of my syndicate is all in one tier so some would always be left out before. I always invite my syndicate/guild/armada/favtion and known good raiders first. I sometimes post publicly if not dead in 24 hours and I have a few spots left.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Dollerz

Dollerz Administrator

Thanks for your comments on the raid tiers everybody. We are always interested in what our players feel about changes to the game. This is something we'll continue to monitor, and tweak in the future if necessary.

20. Miss Kitty Snaps

I can't compete with 10K+ mobsters to get a superior - for the amount of gf pts I'd use for raids without tiers and get a common item, I'd be better off using them on sale items

Reesy901 likes this.