TGIF! Development News for Aug 24, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Aug 25, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

A rather full TGIF this week as some of the things we’ve been working on came to fruition. We’ve got more coming soon, but let’s go over what happened this past week in the games:

New Crates and Crate History

New Crates are out today, so pick one up for a shot at a Legendary item! As a reminder, the top-tier three pack comes with a guaranteed Legendary; look for the “Best Value” tag.

Something new we’ve added with this release of Crates is the ability to see the contents of your last five Crate payouts.

From the Crate page in the shop, click on the “Show Crate History” tab and you’ll be greeted by the following panel:

[​IMG]

When you mouse over the blue icon, the crate’s contests will show up. This is only on desktop for now but it’s coming to mobile soon!

New Chat Rule

In case you missed it, we rolled out a new update to both Lounge and World chat yesterday. This new rule means that players who are banned from one or both Chats can’t see the chat they are banned from anymore.

You can read the whole announcement here.

Zombie Slayer Raid Changes

Much like Pirate and Viking Clan this month, we’ve removed the tiers from Zombie Slayer Raids completely!

In addition to that, to address some of the concerns we’ve been hearing about the difficulty of joining these new public Raids in the first 24 hours, we’ve added a limit to the number of Raids you can be in at one time. We’re testing this out during ZS and we’ll see how it goes!

You can read more about that here.

Referral Rewards on Mobile

Not too much to say here, other than your friends will now receive Referral and Rewards bonuses through the mobile app!

Once you send the link to a prospective player, they will see the following pop-up after completing the tutorial. So if you’ve got anyone with a mobile device who is interested in playing, make sure to send them an invite! (Note that the invite still needs to be sent from the desktop version, but we are working on that as well.)

[​IMG]

Booster Pack

A while back we introduced the “Starter Pack” to the game which allowed players to buy some items, Hired and FP/UN for a good discount. It was pointed out to us that not everyone had the opportunity to take advantage of such a pack.

This week we release the “Booster Pack” which is the same deal as the Starter Pack, but for players with more tenure in the game. You’ll be able to see this offer unless you do not have enough room in your Hireds to accept this offer. It will show up on the front page beside the Limited items, so keep an eye out for it!

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

What do you call a fake noodle?

An impasta!

UNL Sassy Me and FancyPants like this.
  2. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

In addition to that, to address some of the concerns we’ve been hearing about the difficulty of joining these new public Raids in the first 24 hours, we’ve added a limit to the number of Raids you can be in at one time. We’re testing this out during ZS and we’ll see how it goes!

Hmmm. Interesting. I'd like to see a limit on # of raids a player can be in if they have not reached the mins. That will hinder campers. This hinders the T3s who are prolific helpers.

3. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

I have suggested that a number of times .

4. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Limit the number of Raids you can be in at one time???? what kind of BS is this! You guys better change this, that is totally messed up!

If you worried about people joining and not hitting then need to make them get min of 2000 actions, not just say you can only be on 30 raids at one time, and you count the dead ones too, bunch of BS.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Maybe could enhance on this concept, let's say in 30 raids you would need a total of 5k actions on each of the 30.. After that it unlocks another 30 raids able to join....... Just a thought to ponder on.

6. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

regarding the 30 raid thing from a zs player on kp2. I join pretty much every one I can find. i've yet to get a message that I cannot join another. I have found it much easier to find bosses to join now as the top tier tended to be filled within factions before being shared in our little neck of the woods. The middle tier would fill up quickly when shared publicly but that bottom tier often was missing 1 or 2. This has relieved that as well as gotten rid of the need to adjust tiers as the game as a whole moved up in levels filling that top tier faster.

So while we aren't hitting the 30 at a time thing much, it HAS helped in general because they fill completely instead of partially.

They are dying at a pretty good clip this round though so not sure if that has impacted the number of joins.

I was concerned about the 30 at a time as I feared that some wouldn't die as folks that can do a good bit of damage would be full on raids waiting for others to get their minimums. But so far it has not seemed to be an issue.

But since each RB has a different feel some don't die as fast and I could foresee that being a bit of an issue. It seems fine for our game on our platform, for now. Something perhaps to look at though as next complaint will be that a number of folks can't get their minimums before things are killed.

Thumbs up to the no tiers.
    Evaluation in progress of 30 limit.

While on the subject of raids though. On the mobile app. Would y'all take a look at the way the back button works and how it displays attacks/heals? It is extremely cumbersome to keep an eye on. Once you hit attack the banner covers the party health bar. You cannot seem to see your number of heals / attacks to see how you are doing on minimums. And in order to see the great/amazing/pretty good/decent/impossible note you have to hit the back button, but THAT takes you back to the RB home which means you must scroll down to the boss you were working on.

Truthfully, I'd like to see where the folks stand on their minimums on rb's in general as that way I know to hold off on killing it until after messaging folks that do not have minimums yet.

7. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

i like the idea I use to share in job chat but had too many that just joined for the sake of joining and couldn't even make the min. But I would like to see it increased to 30. I would also like to see an option to delete some of those dead players, even at 25 or 30 some aren't going to make the min. The ability to delete is one I have suggested before as with others.

PS Raid Killers, I would like to see them banned from joining. That is another reason I hesitate to post to job board.

8. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Uhm - so for those of us maxed on HGs - how do we get a booster pack? Seems quite unfair if we lrdy maxed HGs to be excluded!

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

that limit is going to tick some people off. The top people in LCN sometimes do upwards of 200+ raids.

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

killing a raid aka perishing has been gone for sometime now, as far as a limit, as far as deleting someone, it will mess with the mechanics of the raid, Kano has stated that reason a few times. I vote NO on capping how many raids one can be in at one time, there are enough limits cause of people complaining, it is the quick who join public raids so keep the jobs tab open, if ya want public raids, and if ya don't want sitters keep your raid private, why should kano make a limit when people have control over how they join and how they fill their raids already, do not cap the amount someone can join, it will piss A lot of people off, and I can bet it will cost Kano loss of money.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  11. Kirsten

No , no limits are needed, if people cannot get on raids, before and still can't with no tiers, they need to adjust how they play.

12. Kirsten

Ok so let me get this straight on the booster pack thing, if ya already have full hireds, in all the games, You won't see the offer?? at all. or will it be adjusted for the players with full clan, and not include hireds ??

Rick B likes this.
  13. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

The booster pack is basically a bunch of hired (15 in viking clan) with a theee mid-value items and 200 fp at the discounted price of $10. The main attraction to it is the hired. The items are below legendary level and would be helpful to a newbie but not an established player. They aren't any better than what you get in a couple of daily loot cases or three crates with rare items.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  14. Kirsten

I saw this in ZS with no mention of hireds, so that is why I am asking even the FP's are a good deal alone

Attached Files:

Rick B likes this.
  15. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

I want the FPs and the items - it's STILL a good deal w/o the HGs!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. This also hinders T2's and I imagine it keeps the T1's from collecting and moving on as well. T3's really rock the raids bus we T2's help a lot as well.

17. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

The only part about that I do not like is that it includes raids you have killed. So i have 20 dead raids and they count towards the total of 30 and I can only be in 10. I say if we kill them we should not have to collect to join another just my 2 cents.

18. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

LCN offer
    lcn-boosterpack-aug232018.jpg

19. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Hey, when are the loyalty items getting updated? Feels like we should have had new ones in July?

Thanks!

Rick B likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

April and October

mi7ch likes this.