New Rule pertaining to Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dollerz, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Dollerz

Dollerz Administrator

Hello Kano Players!

In case you haven't met me yet, my name is Henry Skey and I'm the Player Success Lead here at Kano.

We have just recently rolled out a new rule regarding access to our chat rooms. Previously, if a player had their chat privileges suspended due to a violation, they would still be able to see the channel. We have made the change as of a few moments ago - if you are suspended from chat, you will not be able to see the channel.

Players will still have access to their Group Chats, Syndicate Chats and the Job Chats to interact with players, seek out bosses, and the like. Our hope is that this change will improve the Lounge experience and reduce the number of violations we see each week, in addition to prevent misuse of chat reports.

A reminder - the World Chat Channel is for polite conversation only. No swearing, no aggressive behavior, no trash talk.

The Lounge/Tavern Channel does allow for banter, trash talk, profanity and so on. We do not permit any forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, overly sexual language or threats pertaining to real life, or personal information. Specifically targeting an individual user over and over again may also warrant a suspension.

For violations, we lay out punishments on a sliding scale. If you have never had any kind of infraction, and the violation is minimal, then you will likely just receive a warning. If a player continues on this road of behavior, a suspension may occur beginning with 1 week. Future violations will see escalated lengths of suspensions, going from 1 week, to 1 month, to 2-3 months, to 6 months or a lifetime ban.

We will always look at a potential violation with a few things in mind; the message in question, the context of the conversation and the player history. We also reserve the right to make judgment calls on any potential violation based on the severity of the chat.

Thank you all for your time. Have a great weekend!

2. Gamzojr

Gamzojr New Member

lame

Chasity likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

interesting

4. Gamzojr

Gamzojr New Member

Can I trash talk Kirsten on the forums?

5. Kirsten

That would be a No

Micaylah likes this.
  6. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

first warning, next will be a week :D

7. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Interesting to say the least!

8. elrusso08

elrusso08 Member

It is only a matter of time before an idiot so selfish as to send a ticket to KANO with the sole intention of requesting that they BLOCK totally any Chat for a Blocked, Banned player from Tavern.:mad: Now if we get to where we had to have come years ago which means that we are still a little bit ahead of Kano and his Emotive Decisions on Chat Policy.:rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS for the new rule. Continue so you are on an excellent road !!:D

BloodThirsty likes this.
  9. Edwoid

Edwoid New Member

Overdue. We all know the certain someone who is banned but monitors the chats and makes tons of reports daily. :)

Micaylah likes this.
  10. Christel Lejon

Christel Lejon New Member

About time this was put in place....should have been a rule from the beginning.

11. Kirsten

I doubt kano decides to block someone cause someone else requests it, it will only happen if a player violates the tavern rules, in that case then the player needs to own what they did, and not blame it on whether someone sends in a ticket reporting a violation, if we violate we get warned, it if it keeps happening we get a ban, simple.

Debra Otter and Micaylah like this.
  12. Gamzojr

Gamzojr New Member

Where do you guys play that you're all so sensitive?

William 2016 confused likes this.
  13. Kirsten

some players get bent and nasty enough to violate the tavern rules, some a number of times to get a ban for good, you would be surprised how crazy people can get in these types of games, they bring personal threats or make other violations, in all 4 games.

Micaylah likes this.
  14. Gamzojr

Gamzojr New Member

I know people are crazy, I only play on Kong so we can say whatever we want in that chat. World and Lounge are dead there

15. Kirsten

world chat on FB is pretty peaceful but tavern and lounge, forgetaboutit lol

16. Dollerz

Dollerz Administrator

Just a quick reminder - World Chat's rules are much more strict than than the Lounge/Tavern. If you have lost your access to Lounge, beware that behavior in the World Chat must be squeaky clean in comparison, otherwise you risk being banned there as well. If you're uncertain about the language you need to use in the World Chat, send us in a ticket (support.kanoapps.com) and I can go into more detail.

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  17. Gamzojr

Gamzojr New Member

Challenge accepted

18. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Boy don't they though?

Some days I think of the line in Night in the museum "who's evolved"

Thanks for the reminder Henry. And I appreciate the clarification on a few of the things allowed/vs not allowed.

We should all be thankful that kano takes player experience into consideration and takes the time to listen and respond to tickets and to forums.

I do so dislike bans, but if we can't behave, we don't get to have. Or as I said in lounge the other day, this is why we can't have nice things.

Let's all just have fun without crossing the lines, how bout it? Shouldn't be that hard. We have these nice little hitlist buttons to use after all.

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  19. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

Come in to the TAVERN! "Trash talk" and banter is allowed! I'll buy you a beer if you drop in.... :)

Chasity likes this.
  20. Jeff Gumbert

Jeff Gumbert New Member

What is ableism?