[PC] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 16, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 16, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

For tomorrow’s Raid Boss we’re going to be removing the tiers much like we did for Viking Clan last week.

If you missed that news, normally in a Raid Party there are three tiers of 10 players each, ranging from low to high levels. For tomorrow’s Raid Boss, there will be 29 spots open to all levels (30 if you include the Boss summoner). So no worries about your specific tier filling up, if there’s a space open on a Raid you can join it.

We’ve also increased the Superior drop rate to ensure that the same percentage of those items are dropped in an open group of 30 as they did for previous events.

Look out for these changes when Raids go live tomorrow morning at 9 am Pacific!

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Excellent !!!

HJM and mi7ch like this.
  3. Thanks, Mitch!

mi7ch likes this.
  4. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

I love the no tiers, BUT i still think you need to give more guaranteed superior drops to the top action players, say top 3 action players and not just 1 for the most actions done.

5. Almost certain now that lower lvl players have little chance of progressing....it would have been far better for all concerned to have created a 4th tier, a super high lvl tier, give the little guys a fair crack of the whip.

6. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

some feedback kano: the new style worked pretty well on kong. I'm a low level tier 1 on kano1. I was hardly able to get in any bosses there. someone would post it in chat, and there were 20 spots available and within 3-4 seconds it was full. I'd keep getting messages saying someone else was attacking. I'd prefer to go back to tiers on kano1.

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback Mike. We are aware that Bosses are filling up quick on Kano 1 and have a few ideas on how to address this. Unfortunately these did not make it in for this weeks PC Raid but it should get easier later today and tomorrow.

8. Kirsten

Personally I don't see them filling up any faster than when we had tiers, and in VC I actually got on some public ones where I never have before . Even when I was at work on my phone I got on a few public ones, sure I mainly do private ones, but now that I am home, if ya just keep the jobs tab open and ya keep an eye on it, you can hit those public ones no problem, I usually join with a heal cause they are being hit hard and fast when it is posted.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    HJM likes this.
  9. Verstraeten roger

Verstraeten roger New Member

Nice its better so den everybody have a chance to get in the raid and if you have to wait becose other is busy to play WAIT ok

10. Verstraeten roger

Verstraeten roger New Member

what whit the monday BONUS ???

11. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Whats the situation with starting a boss - whats the reward ?

12. Sandy Barrows

13. Kirsten

there are achievements for the first, and so on the last one I got was for 10 in PC, it was cumulative since the last Raid even in VC and PC.

14. Gerriattrix

Gerriattrix New Member

Playing on Kongregate... I like the fact I can get into more raids now, with most of the active players in the top 2 tiers. I hate the random superior drops. At least give some players (top 3 by actions?) a guaranteed drop like we had before (1 in each tier). And/or give the"owner" a superior drop on each one they open, perhaps with a qualification like you have to do at least 10% of total damage. Right now, there is no incentive to do more than the minimum actions for all but one player, other than to level up with the XP earned.

15. Kirsten

an owner can get a superior if they are they have the most actions, I also found the random superior drop much better and I did close to 200 raids, you can get random superior for min and anything thing else, besides the stats for a common are still high and certainly add up in inventory :)

16. Sandy Barrows

I did a fair wack on my own raid and didnt get a superior - i was most disappointed

17. Kirsten

Ya still gotta be the top in actions, when I open my raids, I invite people with even more resources than me, but they know not to pass me, or they won't be invited on my raids anymore and I open a lot of my own, and most of my friends do the same thing, I figure it is my energy to open it so my reward will be a superior :p

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  18. West Coast Gurl

West Coast Gurl New Member

It will be the same for everyone, no matter the level. Raids are still going to fill up fast.

Sandy Barrows, HJM and Kirsten like this.
  19. Max Don Corleone

Max Don Corleone New Member

We’ve also increased the Superior drop rate to ensure that the same percentage of those items are dropped in an open group of 30 as they did for previous events. ??? How did you do this? It's just a lair = I got 58 dead Raids and I got 44 Commons & 14 Super? You call this even drops? I thing is just lies lies lies ... (I can send screen shoot if you want)

20. Max Don Corleone

Max Don Corleone New Member

He it is screen shoot of the raids drops =

Attached Files: