[VC] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 9, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I like this idea and it is something we could potentially look to explore. It is still very early on in this raid but we will be monitoring closely around the impact of the change to tiers. We certainly don't want all High, or all Low or all Mid for that matter.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  2. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I know some never post their raids publicly so this comment isn't about them. Many do share their boss in chat and from what I've seen so far, the raids are being monopolized by higher level players; they are grabbing the majority of the spots making it next to impossible for those that used to be in the mid and low tiers to join. I'm level 18,383 and I think removing the tiers was a bad idea. I know that the top tier previously filled up in seconds but at least more people, in all ranges, had a chance to join before. Eliminating the tiers was a bad idea. It's turned the event into a raid for (mostly) high levels only.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Now here's a GREAT idea!

Kathleen Brenenstuhl likes this.
  4. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

:( this is not a good idea, the increase in players was a decent idea for the low levels or the really high levels so this means I am not going anyone from the job board because who know I might be the highest level and I am a middle level. I can't carry all these little players with no stamina or energy. Bad idea IMHO :)

5. Mo Solly

Mo Solly New Member

That really sucks! I dont like it that way at all
    its really very hard to join raids, while before its was really easy to join since im in the lower levels!

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  6. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I think that is a bad idea. Higher level players already have to use a lot more stam than lower level players before they can even level up, which incidentally means it is harder for us to get the extra energy that comes from leveling up. Now you would want to penalize us and make us use more stam and energy than low levels just to get the same reward drop from a raid?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  7. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

MITCH, i came second in your raid with
    2.I luv irn bru
    24,061 actions and got a common? cmon dude sort that out is it completely random now?

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i have a question did you guys add Common items in them Raids since there are no more tiers cause this is my first time ever getting a common weapon item outta of Raid??? cause i always get the Purples known as Legendaries...

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Commons always been there, you know that. Now it's not tier based of 4 superiors (including host on 1st raid they open) for most actions for "guaranteed" How I read into it now is if owner (1st boss open in round=guaranteed + top total action's player) after that it's a gamble.

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  10. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

So we've had some time for it to be in effect, and I will be the Dissenting opinion it looks like (again). lol

In the first few hours, it was crazier, you had maybe 4 seconds to join, had to fast-react. But.... After a few hours of the raids running, they are easier to join now.

It has been 21 hours since the raids were launched. Eastern time. (Grin). 3 just posted in the last couple minutes, and it took between 25 and 40 seconds for them to fill. They will fill a little faster during more 'peak' hours sure, but there is plenty of time to join any raid you want.

Folks are putting a lot of thought into 101 ways to change the raid joining again, but at this point, I'd argue if someone has the jobs tab open and hits the raid when it pops up on the list, you'll have no problem getting on plenty of raids.

It was tough to join when raids first started, but 21 hours in, there seems to be no problem for any level to join a raid when they post on the board.

------

ALSO, if a person joins a bunch of raids, it does not mean they have a B0t. Can we STOP accusing all the folks who play a lot of having b0ts? Tired of hearing that stuff. This game is loaded with false accusations. -- Sit in a lounge chair while watching business news (or the channel of your choice) with your laptop in front of you and one can at most argue that a person spent too much time that day in the lounge chair clicking the raids as soon as one popped up for 5-6 hrs straight, but that is about it. Thank you. :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    DeanTheGreat likes this.
  11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well to be honest i didnt know there have been commons in Raid Bosses, i was used to getting them Superiors if that is the case..casue i always get Amazing lol..i put in my time in Raids :D

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Superior items have always been randomly distributed (aside from the 3-4 guaranteed Superiors given out by starting a Raid or being first in your tier). More action improves the % chance for one to drop, but it is still a roll when you hit "Collect".

We reviewed a couple Raids to make sure we were still giving out roughly the same number of Superiors as before and our calculations were bang-on. If we decide to stick with the open tier system, we can always revisit this going forward, but right now we're in line with previous event drop rates.

JADES and Kirsten like this.
  13. Dover

Dover New Member

I think it's a good idea. Should be put into all games on kano. If you have a problem with low levels filling up all the spots or high levels filling in all the spots. Then just privately share them to those who you want join before you publicly share them. Or if you know there are RB killers which there will be then just don't share them openly. And share them down the grapevine that is close tied friends.

Steven Jordan likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yeah I am actually not seeing a downside, so far, my first raid came down, and I only had 22 players on it, I invited them all, and no issues :)

15. William Barelegs

William Barelegs New Member

very bad idea raids are now monopolized by very high level players no lower level invites have been told there is no need for low levels any more

m3t4l3r0 likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You have to join private raids, so open a raid, send it out privately and begin networking, people will share their raids back, public raids are always a gamble to join.

17. Tellybear

Tellybear Member

This might work out well,since many low lvl players have been doing huger dmg then some high lvl gamers

Kirsten likes this.
  18. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Yeah you went from 3 guaranteed Sup drops (1 per tier) to 1 guaranteed drop. You do 1 less action then the top person and you get a common drop. Seriously!!! I have come in second on several and guess what "random" drop i get, wrong it was a common.
    You need to start rewarding people for the amount of actions they put into the Raids. Someone puts in 2000 actions and gets a sup drop and then the second place person puts in 40,000 actions and gets a common. In what universe is that fair? i guess only in Kano's :(

Gerriattrix likes this.
  19. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

I've received a mix of superior and common drops. About same as before.

20. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Not my point.
    So we all do 2000 actions because it not matter, the "random" drop will be the same. Hmm well how will the raid die then? Why put more actions into it if the "random" is in effect. Why spend my fp to get a common drop? What is my reward for spending money and time on a raid and coming just short of top spot to receive a "random" drop.
    Had 3 guaranteed drops before, why not make top 3 actions get guaranteed drop? Or better yet if you do 20,000 actions on raid you guaranteed a sup drop. Kano think how fast the raids would die then, all that extra money for you ;)