[VC] Raid Tier Adjustment for Aug 9, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

For tomorrow's Raid Boss we're going to be trying something a little different with the tiers.

We're getting rid of them! Normally in a Raid Party there are three tiers of 10 players each, ranging from low to high levels. For tomorrow's Raid Boss, there will be 29 spots open to all levels (30 if you include the Boss summoner). So no worries about your specific tier filling up, if there's a space open on a Raid you can join it.

We're also adjusted the Superior drop rate to ensure that the same percentage of those items are dropped in an open group of 30 as they did for previous events.

Let us know what you think of this open party system when the Raids start tomorrow morning at 9 am Pacific!

Dover and Rodney Rangel like this.
  2. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

Niiiiiiice! Now the ole DOG (who runs like 5th game-wide in raid joins) Can stop Whining that he is not able to get on enough of them!!! Good Lawwwwwwwddd! :) :)

DeanTheGreat and Dover like this.
  3. Schreck

Schreck New Member

Nice job Kano. Now every bum player that wants to join every raid can join even more. Stupid idea

4. Jayne D

Jayne D New Member

That's ridiculous, you could get 29 low levels join & never complete the raid.

Tellybear, Kirsten and Richie rich like this.
  5. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

yes not to bright with this one should have it the way it was it worked

6. Bernie B

Bernie B New Member

There has been a problem in the past with the raids not filling up because not enough low level players fill the spots. I think this is a step in the right direction

Kirsten, HJM and dave johnson like this.
  7. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

i like the idea, bobbles your banned from tavern anyway so it makes no difference to you :p

Raven Master likes this.
  8. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

See how much they love me??????? Anyway why not lets give it a shot. Lets see what happens and I wasnt complaining just about a certain Guild. You guys need to get over me. Again lets see what happens

9. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

Keeping the game fun :)

-- Real note, I'd add maybe just adjusting the tier levels was another option so not all the most active players are jammed in the top tier) but will see.

Choose option A, CCC fuses. Choose option B.. CCC fusses. No matter what, CCC will whine about SOMETHING ! - If nothing to whine about, they'll just make crap up. :)

DeanTheGreat and Rick B like this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Will the "refresh link" still be available?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You bet.

JADES likes this.
  12. juanmmatam

juanmmatam Member

What about increasing the number of hitters, say to 50? it would gave more chances to join and kill

13. Craig Day

I thought this was a place for ideas not attacks?

14. BenKing17

BenKing17 New Member

Why not give the person that starts the raid the option to adjust the raid tiers? It starts of as 10 per tier but give us the option to adjust it to all say 15 mid range 10 high and 5 low or any combination as long as each tier has a minimum of 5 spots. I think removing tiers altogether is a mistake.

Jimmyjamzit, Rick B and Seppo like this.
  15. Craig Day

Just a suggestion also. If you dont want the Raid Hogs Bums etc in your raid. Do not make it public. Mine only go to Guild and trusted people. Making it public risks getting some real "Winners". Send em private

Angel withFangs, Kirsten and aleco like this.
  16. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

I have a complaint:

Why do they get released at 9am Pacific??? Why not at Noon Eastern instead?? !

;-)

DeanTheGreat likes this.
  17. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

This sounds like an awesome idea! People complaining about too many low levels joining? DON'T POST TO PUBLIC LOL!!

Angel withFangs likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Was thinking about this, I know upped %, but each top tier person was guaranteed Superior item. So let's say a raid is filled with all top tier (previous tier rates of course), wouldn't it seem fair for top 3 contributors guaranteed a Superior drop?

Gerriattrix likes this.
  19. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

should have just opened a 4th tier for high level players

drrobert1 likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Is the leader board banner going to be on for this round? I think it should be if not already thought of it.