TGIF! Development News for July 13, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 14, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

Thanks for joining us at the end of another week, and I hope you all have an excellent weekend! Here’s what’s new across the various games this week:

New Viking Clan Raid Boss

[​IMG]

A deadly duo, the hawk Vedrfolnir and his giant eagle protector are menacing the skies of Midgard this week! Viking, band your Clan together and take the fight to these aerial terrors.

As a reminder the Raid Pass and new Raid Achievements are also available for Viking Clan for this Event. You can read more about these here.

Pirate Clan, get ready to ride the lightning next week...

Pirate Clan and Viking Clan Adventure Updates

A long time ago (2013 to be exact), we experimented with a couple different Locations in PC and VC by using Crafted items to gate Adventure progression.

As this mechanic did not appear in any other Locations, we made an adjustment this week to remove the Crafted items from the Adventure requirements for Return to Lost World and Midgard - Odin’s Ravens in PC and VC respectively.

This should be a fairly small change, but if you run into any difficulties with these Locations, please let us know!

Favor Point Gifting Update

One last note for the week is that you can now gift other players Favor Points/UN Credits on Kano Play server 2/Armor Games as they use the same payment system. If you’ve been waiting for this since Facebook got the update give it a try and let us know here or in Support if you encounter any issues.

Kongregate, your network uses its own payment system so it did not get this update, but if there is enough demand for this update we can work on bringing it there as well.

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

Why are they called hummingbirds?

Because they didn’t know the words!

Thanks to @LuscLadyGreywolf for this week’s lame joke!

Chasity and FancyPants like this.
  2. Striker1

Striker1 New Member

Is the new LCN location still slated for July?

3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

That was truly a lame joke, hahaha :p

mi7ch likes this.
  4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

can an armor account gift to a kong account?

Its a nice feature to have, i probably wont use it but know others that will. If it wouldnt take to long to figure out a way to implement on kong then would say go for it since that way all platforms to access the game have the same features.

Chasity likes this.
  5. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I just tried it/did it Neil, so the answer is yes. :cool:

mi7ch likes this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If I understand this correctly, then you might wanna look into 1st adventures on Bifrost and up to Vinland (which currently at, might even check up to Nippon) in VC for 1st adventure drop. A lot of Blacksmith items are available before hit new location and get screwed over doing so.....

7. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

@mi7ch When is the New LCN location coming out? Can you give us a date please

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Good joke :)

9. Donkrako

Donkrako New Member

10. Donkrako

Donkrako New Member

It was a cute joke.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

July 18th.

Seppo and SOHAIB like this.
  12. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

WOW Seriously Kano? Kong players need to prove to you that they are worth your time to give them the same features that all the other platforms have. Does Kong not have long time players that also pay for favor points just like every other platform? Come on Kano spend the time and give everyone the same features!

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

What happened to FB VC raid leaderboard? It's gone.....

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Should be back now, thanks!

JADES likes this.
  15. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

All you KONG players who are always said they wanted to spend their hard earned money on FPs to gift to me here is your chance. Bombard Kano demanding they add this feature because you want to shower upon me FPs.
    **crickets.... many crickets.... so many crickets**
    Sigh, no need here.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I responded to a question about this in a Gifting thread but I will repeat it here.

Unfortunately this is not possible (at this time) via Kong because they use their own payment platform, whereas Armor uses Stripe which we have a lot more flexibility with.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Something is going wonky with sending gifts FB VC, some go through other's are dead clicks=nothing happens (doesn't matter if FB friends or not, it's random) newest version Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit) Just cleaned computer, installed updates etc. :confused:

18. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

a potential way around what payment system is being used is have the gift options appear next to the standard buy option as it is on the other platforms. Instead of immediately being sent you would instead click buy and you get the gift box then a pop up dialog box appears where you select who to send them to.

An alternatively to having a pop up window after purchasing, could have it where you buy the fp crate then go to the persons profile page you would like to gift the fp to and only after you have a fp crate there will be an option on a persons profile that says gift fp. You click gift fp then select the fp crate and send, confirm this is the person and it sends. Once sent the receiving player gets a message saying you have received X fp from X player.

Currently it looks like you are buying the fp indirectly on their account as a simple way of putting it so instead of doing that could make it a type of consumable item in a sense, but is not purchasable with in game currency.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If you check your Sent Gifts on those "dead clicks" can you confirm that the gift did not go through? Please let us know but we will do some testing on our end as well.

@JADES if you are able to reproduce this again can you please let us know exactly how you were able to do this? Gifts can be sent from a LOT of places so it will help us track this down.

I have done some testing just now and the only failed response I have seen is from someone who looks to have removed their FB profile which resulted in t he FB dialog saying that the user wasn't valid. However I did get a Success response from VC and can see that the gift was in fact sent by checking my Sent gifts.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It hasn't done it today, but it was from social feed (filter set to adventure help, after helping clicking send recommended gift) but I also tried from profile page and tested it there with a FB friend and chatted with him to see if received and it hadn't gone through.

Like said though, hasn't happened today, but I'll monitor for it.

Smack likes this.