[VC] Player Icons/avatars

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by The Skipper, Jul 8, 2018.

1. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Avatars have been missing for over a week, what happened? Is this going to be fixed any time soon?

2. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

"new member"? LOL only level 5831

3. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

The "New Member" refers to forum posts..not the game

What platform do you play on?

4. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

I knew that, it was a joke. I play on pc Win 10

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Which network do you play on?

6. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

network? No idea this is what I see and has been going on now for a month. I haven't changed a thing

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You need to state what platform you play on, so kano can look into it or answer, and ya might not get an answer until they open on Monday

8. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

I did, look at my 3rd reply in the thread

9. Steven Jordan

No . The info they need is what game platform you are using:

Facebook
    Server 1
    Server 2
    Kongregate
    Armor

From screenshot they can see you aren't using mobile app

That is info that they need. If you feel this is too personal, send Kano a support ticket

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  10. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

I see, it's server 1 and when I contacted, I was sent here.

11. Steven Jordan

Click on one of the yellow icons that say Support in the forum or go to Contact Us and submit a support ticket.

You have an a problem specific to your account or your computer and Kano need to trouble shoot directly and privately.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I will follow up with Smack on this to get his thoughts.

Personally, that looks like some sort of plugin is blocking the avatars. Do you have any installed per chance?

13. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i don't see any issues on my part of my end at all..so he or she must be having a Blocker on that prevents the Images, which means must be removed outta of the Extensions..

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey @The Skipper can your please PM me with your profile link so I can look into this. I don't think we have heard of any other issues like this so as mentioned by Mi7ch perhaps some extensions are blocking these profile images.

But if you send me your profile link we can let you know what we see on our end and hopefully get closer to the bottom of this.

15. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

This is what I got when I tried to start conversation.
    Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this Conversation, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
    You must have created at least 3 Posts (Yours: 6)
    You must have received at least 2 Likes (Yours: 2)
    Your Like : Post Ratio must be at least: 1% (Yours: 0%)
    You must be registered for at least 2 days (Yours 167)

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

urgh.. Sorry about that. Spam prevention tools.

If you can just send my your User ID and PM it to me that would be helpful. If you goto your profile and look under your avatar on the left you should see Your User ID: ########

17. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Yes, I know where to find my user i.d., how do I find your p.m. box? How about p.m.'ing my inbox with a hello, so I can find yours.

Smack likes this.
  18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but this has been an ongoing issue for months. I see it on KP2, so it's not platform specific if it's a plug-in issue.

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

when ya click on someone's name, you will see options one is Start Conversation, that is a private message :)

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@The Skipper thank you for passing along your User ID.

I have logged in as you on both Facebook and Kanoplay Server 1 and I can see all of the player pictures just fine. FB was having rate limiting issues with profile pics a few months ago but that should be fixed. Do you sometimes see the profile images or NEVER see them at all in places like the Boost Screen and Leaderboard?

The other thing you might want to check is that the VC app has not expired. For that you will want to do the following:
    1. Log into Facebook
    2. Top right there is a little down arrow, click on that
    3. Click on Settings (2nd from bottom above Logout)
    4. On the left bar click Apps and Websites
    5. Make sure that Viking Clan is in your Active tab. If it is not check if it is in Expired
    6. If it has expired click on it and you will have an option to Renew Access
    My guess is that given you play via KanoPlay that the VC app has expired and now FB is blocking access to things such as profile images. But this is just a guess.