[VC] getting flash of white

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by don jenkins, Jun 15, 2018.

1. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

doing different parts of the game getting a white flash - happening both on viking and pirate - example, in battle area, I attack and get a white flash-go to the next attack same thing

2. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

its FB and Chrome fault that combo do that fault not game itself

3. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

using different browser or different platform to play cures that

4. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

don't want to drop chrome - how do u contact FB about this and why has it just started - have had chrome for years and been playing the games for years

5. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

http://support.kanoapps.com/

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If some of you can please snap a video of this it would go a long way to help identify this. Please either send to Support or post here. Or PM me if you are bashful ;)

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it happens randomly and not often and it is just a flash light a old style camera flash, have not seen it today that I can remember

HJM likes this.
  8. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

cannot take a snap shot - happens and it is gone

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Yup just happened it is just a flash, does not change the screen it just is a white flash for what seems like less than a sec

10. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

the scary thing is that if this affects someone and starts a seizure - hope they can find out what the cause is quickly - I was worried that i was the only one that this was happening to

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Is everyone that is experiencing this using Chrome on Windows? Just trying to isolate this and so far I have not been able to reproduce on a Mac but I can see it sometimes on Windows.

12. Kirsten

Chrome on a Mac pro book on FB

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks Kirsten. Can you please let me know which version of Chrome you are using? 3 dots top right > Help > About Google Chrome

My Mac is currently on 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

14. Striker1

Striker1 New Member

I'm running the same version as you Smack. Chrome on Windows also.

15. Kirsten

Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Smack likes this.
  16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for confirming.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Thanks for telling me where to look for that info :p

18. don jenkins

don jenkins Member

Anyone getting any closer to finding the problem?

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Sadly no. As far as I can tell this is an issue with Chrome itself and how it handles re-painting the screen when loading elements via AJAX. There was an incremental update that I just installed this morning but the issue persists. If I find anything else out I will be sure to report back.

Kel the Merciful King, HJM and Seppo like this.
  20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update.

Chrome v68 was released today. From my initial testing this seems to solve the "white flash" issue on my Mac. However, I am still experiencing this on my Windows 7 machine :(

I was testing out @HJM 's suggestion to disable Hardware Acceleration and that seems to work! Fair warning though that doing so may negatively impact other graphic intensive games or content in your browser. If you want to disable Hardware Acceleration check out this handy guide.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-t...rdware-acceleration-in-google-chrome-3605455/