[LCN] Items on home/main screen not working

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Greg Louis, May 18, 2018.

1. Greg Louis

Greg Louis New Member

home/main screen, social feed-drop down menus for events (job help, challenge help, elite mobsters, etc.) and mob (all mob, family, etc.) not working, not pulling down/opening.

i noticed this earlier when i was on before bed, but did not think anything of it. thought it my be me or my computer. turned off, went to bed, slept then woke up. booted computer and did a few things. signed in to MCN, noticed my elites were expired. went to social feed to do elites and the drop down menus are not working. just an FYI. thanks

Susan Shelton Sherrod likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Kano will ask you what platform and did you clear your cache :)

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hi Greg. Are you using Chrome by chance? There have been other players who have been having the same issue as you but we think it is fixed if you update to the latest version.

This version of Chrome seems to have introduced an issue with some dropdowns: 66.0.3359.139

And this is the latest version I have installed which has fixed this issue for others: 66.0.3359.181

If you want to check your version (and check for updates) click the 3 dots upper right > Help > About Google Chrome

Please let us know if that solves the problem.

4. Greg Louis

Greg Louis New Member

alrighty...cleared cache. playing chrome and thru facebook.. chrome is up to date as the snip shows
    and.....no, problem is not solved. the pull down menus are still not pulling down....
    upload_2018-5-18_15-31-43.png

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Dang it! Thanks for letting us know Greg. Until we can determine what is going on with this you will have to use a different browser or try your game over at Kanoplay.com. From the reports we have gotten this only exists when playing on facebook.com with Chrome and only for a subset of players.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. Having trouble over the last few days of "drop down" menu not working. Chrome is up to date etc. I'm wondering if it's because of the new Windows 10 update? It's getting VERY frustrating.

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No problems here, I use a mac, and chrome

8. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Server 1 and chrome. No probs. Did have a syn member complaining a couple days ago. I know he plays fbook only and it has cleared for him.

9. Greg Louis

Greg Louis New Member

still ongoing problem for me. still play thru fb except when i need to do something in the menus. so i am about 90/10 fb to kano server 1.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I have heard of this happening on Win 7 as well so I don't think it is because of a Win 10 update.

11. After checking for Chrome updates MANY times, there was an update this morning that DID fix the problem.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Nice, thanks for the update Susan. I should have reported back but Chrome just updated from version 66.x to 67.x. It looks like v67 is fixing any of the remaining issues we were seeing but of course please let us know otherwise.