[VC] Raid rip off ??

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Blackcat, May 25, 2018.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That is not what I said at all. We run each of our 4 games on 3 different servers, therefore we had 12 separate Kills goals for the Mothers Day event. 11 out of 12 of those goals were met so I feel pretty confident about our ability to project what is and isn't achievable.

We did look at the VC Server 2 Raid participation on the Monday that new opens cut off and made the decision that the goals did not need adjusting and were on track to being achieved. If Server 2 was short by 20 or 30+ Kills I would feel like we didn't do a good job of estimating what was both a challenging and achievable goal. But we were short by 3 out of 400 which is 0.75% of the total kills needed.

So there is no finger pointing here. And changing the dynamic of the Raids in general to be able to hold keys longer is also not a solution as that will extend the tail of the Raids due to the fact Raids can live for 4 days from the time they are summoned. So let me reiterate that we take into account the current state of each game and how many players are on each Server when we come up with these goals.

Rick B and JADES like this.
  2. Blackcat

Blackcat New Member

Well let us all hope .Those of us who are still active players that the aimed for end target will be adjusted down for the next or any following raid considering that theres more than likely been yet another drop in player numbers since the last raid was run.

3. NoSo

NoSo New Member

Were 400 bosses opened? And maybe the last few weren't shared soon/widely enough to be killed? Just curious.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I think the time alotted is fine. Playing on FB since 2010 this month

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yes, more than 400 were opened. Not sure about how widely shared each boss was. That aspect is a little more out of our control as it is up to each boss "owner" to decide who and how widely they share.

Rick B likes this.
  6. NoSo

NoSo New Member

Understood and thank you. Would you consider adding a reward for people who summon and share raid bosses? Maybe start the reward at 3 raid bosses during a single event that have 20 or more participants? Might encourage players to summon more and share sooner rather than later?

7. Kirsten

People share privately, it is a habit we all got into because going public can threaten how successful a raid will be, especially when it could be killed off by creeps or campers. My advice start a raid, send it privately and people will do the same back :)

Rick B likes this.
  8. NoSo

NoSo New Member

I get what you are saying. Still, since Smack indicated there were enough summoned to meet the goal, it seems like we needed some way to encourage people to share those last few raids so we could meet the final kill goal. I thought a reward would help in that regard. In this new format there is no more important task than summoning enough raids to meet the goal(s). If the idea of rewarding people for summoning/sharing raids won't fly, maybe Kano could just add a second status bar to show how many raids have been summoned? At least then we would know where we stand?

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We don't have this up and running right now so I am working off of memory, but from said memory and chatting with some other team members we are fairly certain that the Progress bar called out numerically how many kills had been achieved thus far. So it would have been very visible how many more were needed to reach the goal as well as how quickly kills were progressing if you were checking back frequently.

Rick B likes this.
  10. Kirsten

I do know in one game, those of us who open a lot, usually open one on the last day, and we keep the people we invite small on a small list on that last one. I usually don't even send it out till the next to last day it will be alive, cause I have so many to work on, a few of us do the same thing, we milk it lol, sometimes I only invite one person.

Rick B likes this.
  11. NoSo

NoSo New Member

Yes, I believe you are correct that we could see how many were killed, but not how many are summoned. If we could compare the number summoned to number killed throughout the event it could be helpful for planning how to spend energy. "Do I need to summon another raid because we haven't even summoned 400 or can I focus on helping to take down the ones in my battle list?"
    Then I would go back to the question of how encourage people to share the raids so that final goal can be achieved. Messaging all 1000 players in my clan to see if they have a raid open is not feasible, multiple people offered to help with raids through the chat system and that didn't work - is there another way we could identify open raids and request to join??

Also, have you considered whether or not adding a reward for summoning/sharing raids could increase participation? Not sure if you have data that would allow you to evaluate this.

@Kristen: I totally understand what you are saying about sharing with friends first. I think a lot of folks, including me, do it that way.

Anyway, thanks for listening and responding.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Oh I see, I misunderstood about opens vs kills. Interesting points I will discuss them with the team.

We've been talking about these very things recently. It is too early to say anything right now but we have a couple of ideas, some of which are being actively worked on. Overall the vast majority of raids that are summoned are killed but this varies a little bit between games and servers.

Rick B likes this.
  13. NoSo

NoSo New Member

Cool, looking forward to seeing what comes out of your discussions. I think Kano does a good job keeping the game fun to play.

Also, please pass my "thanks" to your support team for addressing the ticket I submitted the other day.

Smack likes this.