TGIF! Development News for May 18, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, May 19, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

Hope you have all had a pleasant week! Maybe a bit of a short TGIF roundup for you this week, but there are still some things to cover. Let’s chat about what’s new in development news.

Mother’s Day Raid Event

The Mob Wars: LCN Mother’s Day Raid Event finished up today, and all servers handily put the Mafia Gunman on ice! This was the highest number of Raid Kills we’ve seen across any Event, so well done there! The Godmother is grateful for your “pest-removal services”, and you can now claim your rewards on the Raids tab!

Viking Clan, Jords’ castle is now under siege by the Jotnar Assault! Will you help Jord out or possibly face Thor’s wrath should her home fall? Check out this thread for more info (and to get your free Key if you haven’t already ): click here!

Pirate Clan, there is trouble on the high seas, so keep your eyes out for an update next week...

Facebook Issues

This week has been a rough one for those who are accustomed to using Facebook to login to our forums and Support sites.

Through some tickets submitted to us, we have gotten to the bottom of this issue. If you are still having trouble logging in with Facebook, though, make sure to drop us a line (you will of course have to make a new account to do so).

Event Feed Drop Down Issues

We’ve also received some reports from players who are having difficulty manipulating their Event Feed filter drop downs, primarily on Chrome. We think that this stems from out-of-date browser versions, and we have seen success from players who have updated to the most recent iteration.

If you are having trouble with your Event filters, give that a shot!

Housekeeping Updates

A couple more things to be aware of this week! Monday, May 21st, is a Holiday up here in most of Canada so Kano will be closed over the long weekend. Normal hours resume on Tuesday, but rest assured that if any issues crop up we will be all over it!

One last note is that this week we said goodbye to Sol (@Scoughman), who has left Kano to pursue other opportunities. Sol has had his hands on many things over the years here from the Support department to what is termed “live operations” in the biz, and his input will be sorely missed.

If you have submitted a ticket or commented on the forums in the past few years, you’ve no doubt had a chat with him at some point. Please join us in wishing him well on his future endeavors!

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

How do crazy people get through the forest?

They take the psycho-path!

FancyPants and Patricia Tuohy like this.
  2. wow is that Sol Kauffman!! he will be missed by lots of us in lcn help group and of course we wish him well in his new endeavors and his future, thanks to all the kano staff for all input xx

Kirsten, Rick B and Smack like this.
  3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Would we be able to get the challenge and boss achievements for PC looked at again since it was stated when they initially released after a little while passed they would be reevaluated?

The post may have been made by the staff member who left. Thread link - https://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/new-achievement-tiers-september-1st-2017.34943/page-2 -

I bolded the part to show he did say it could be looked at later, i have done calculations before to show the amount of time in the most optimal of situations which is here -

4. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Unistalled Chrome and downloaded again, but filter drop downs still not working.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

As much as you might not like it, I'd download Firefox temporarily until this get's resolved. Working fine on that browser.

6. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

sorry to hear about Sol (@Scoughman) leaving but wish him well :)

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Sol was great, , will miss him :( good luck to him

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

wonderbread would come back..like that one way better :)

9. Kirsten

Wonderbread was the best, even the guy before him, think his name was Mark, all the good ones leave, wonder woman was good also way back when I first started playing :)

Justin the killer likes this.
  10. Justin the killer

agree just miss em when they leave us behind..all the good one goes an the boring ones come into play lol

11. susan leonard

susan leonard Member

is that why fp,s gifted have not been allocated to the person they were gifted to ?

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What about Kendall?

Kirsten likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

They let you out of your cage? :p

14. Kirsten

haha

15. Justin the killer

yea i guess i say i miss ya too then lol

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Miss most of them, Deltan is not one of them LOL, "flashback" if you know who I'm talking about. :p