[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

I wouldn't mind going back to tier 1 ;)

2. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I "graduated" to tier 2 in the middle of the last raid. It's very hard even with belonging to raid groups to find good raids to join. I wouldn't mind a rejiggering of tier levels.

SOHAIB and Rick B like this.
  3. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I would like to see an elimination of the random award payouts.

Instead, the top 3 actions done in each tier get a Superior reward along with the owner of the raid.

The rest get a common - that way no chance a leech ever gets a superior again.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Nah no thanks, the owner and the one with the most actions, in each tier, gets the guaranteed , the others are random, not everyone wants levels and not everyone wants items, some want both......

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Rick B likes this.
  5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Anyone who is able to join a raid, should be eligible to be hitlisted. Right now, people can join, sit at the bottom, take up a spot, do nothing, and they are either too new and/or out of range to be placed on the hitlist.

*And yes, I know, that's the danger in joining raids that aren't invite only. Raid groups, trusted mobbies etc etc. I still want to be able to list campers.

6. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Just tossing this out there, but perhaps the owner gets a toss button that goes active after 24 hrs of camping and not making min actions?

Trouble, Steven Jordan and SOHAIB like this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Totally cause there are also still vampires that will keep hitting after they get the min actions in but stop healing, they are good for being listed :)

8. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Hey Mitch et al.,

Long time lurker here checking in. I'm with Kirsten at least on the whole randomized drops. If you want a good mix of items and xp then aiming for great is a good standard for most raids. It also encourages more people to do more damage rather than everyone hitting min. and just a few charging off for superior drops.

As for levels for tiers, for the most part I think the Kong ones are about right. T2 and T3 (7k+ levels) are getting pretty crowded, but I think the whole shifting levels up a bit can only work for so long on a growing player base model. Of course if you're factoring for a steady/declining player base then that's something different.

If you're working on a growing player base then possibly increasing the number of tiers and having a super high T4 could work. If we're working on the other side of that then yeah Kong could do with a shift up for either next season or the one after. Something like;
    T1: 1-4999
    T2: 5000-7999
    T3: 8000+
    Of course that makes competing for top rewards in T1 harder for new comers hence I wouldn't necessarily suggest the shift for an increasing player base.

As for the raid rewards, I do like me bonus free stuff and it's easy to get complacent/picky like "I want more" all the time. It's nice to be getting overall completion bonuses and that loot cases are a fair way to reward players.

I do have one gripe about last season though. I talked with a number of people across tiers about the rewards they received and it seemed that pretty much everyone (in the bottom 2 brackets) got 2 sets of 6 loot cases on completion. Now if I was in the bottom bracket I sure wouldn't be complaining but it does feel a bit off that there was no difference in reward between 4th and 96th in T2. I'm not upset about the number of cases or that other people got more, but just for next season it might be worth re-evaluating the reward system. So I'd keep the 1,2,3 placed players with their rewards but for the bottom 2 brackets I'd suggest possibly giving that 2nd bracket 2 upgraded chests in addition to the loot cases you're already giving out.

This would hopefully promote a bit more competition for those runner up spots even if not a huge amount. I would like to reiterate it's not a massive complaint I'd say raids have been getting better and better season on season for a while now so don't feel like I'm being super critical!

Keep up the good work Mitch and co.

Jamie

mi7ch likes this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Rick B and FancyPants like this.
  10. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

more than a little bummed that there was no adjustment in LCN raid tiers. was hoping T1 would have been increased up to level 3,999. :(

11. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Was hoping more like 5K!

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all, quick note about the Hacker Ring Raid running right now.

As you have probably seen, the Leaderboards are turned on for this Raid, even though it is not a Feature Raid. We're running them to try out some new stats, such as Damage, as well as potentially tying them in to something else further down the road.

Do note that, as this is not an event, there are no rewards tied to the Leaderboards this time around. Just a head's up, and enjoy your Raid!

Steven Jordan likes this.
  13. J J

J J New Member

I would like to see the leaderboards for all 3 tiers, not just my tier. If space is an issue, maybe only show the top 25 for the boards that are not my tier.

14. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

pssst , where is the free key for the raid

Patricia Tuohy likes this.
  15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I like the leader board. It would be nice to see other tiers as well. Thanks.

Can we revisit the whole drop health thing? It's annoying (to me). It's hard to tell when attacking, if it's an auto heal or if someone is bogarting my heals. I prefer to get the 20 energy and apply the health where and when I want. I've got an attack heal rhythm that gets disrupted with these auto health drops. Also, because of the auto health drops, I don't heal all the way up until I am done because if I get within 1 click, it might autoheal a small amount and that's a waste. And especially with it dropping on healing actions as well, it's super wasteful. I was done attacking this raid (see below), and was healing back to full health. I was one click away from full health, I hit heal, it cost me 20 energy, but it also dropped health?? How? Please reconsider this auto health thing. Thanks!!

raid-health-drop-at-end-lose-20energy-nogain-whenyouareoneclickaway.jpg

Kay-Arne Hansen and RafeDavid like this.
  16. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks Mitch.

Can we update the Social Feed to include a drop down for Raid Bosses? It would be cool if people could post their Raid bosses to their mobbies like a coop boss and have it show up in Social Feed. You could replace the current World Boss menu option.

social-feed-menu.png

Thanks!

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've never got the use for "World Boss filter" this would be a prime spot to replace it with raids, then more people might be able to share easily without the frigging 3 link debacle... or 4th link if set it public. P.S. why is there no share to clan/mobby/etc. button on raids?????

BenKing17 and FancyPants like this.
  18. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Add me to for wanting this change too.

In mobile I don't need two buttons to share raid publicly on both world chat and job chat. Replace the world chat share with post to own feed for Mob/clan etc. These are people I prefer in my raid ahead of strangers

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It's not hard to find raids, so I don't think we need a filter for them. Besides, the way the feeds work, you still won't see all the postings. I do agree the world boss filter should go, though, along with the other useless ones, like the friends filter.

Rick B and Steven Jordan like this.
  20. jekshit

jekshit New Member

Halo