TGIF! Development News for May 4, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, May 4, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

May the 4th be with you, everyone!

Today’s TGIF is a little early today as we are gearing up for our Bounty Event over on Viking Clan Facebook. There’s still quite a bit to go over this week, so let’s get to it:

New Crates are now Available!

As mentioned in last week’s TGIF, the Crate selection has been refreshed! Pick up a Burnished Metal Crate for a shot at a Legendary item.

In addition to this, the top-tier 3 Pack of Crates (Don, Command, Admiral, Master) all contain one guaranteed Legendary drop! This is only in the top-tier 3 pack, so individual top-tier Crates are exempt.

New Crates also mean new Loot items to earn! Check out the Daily Goals to earn some Chests/Cases and see if you get lucky.

Mother’s Day Raid Event

Right now in Zombie Slayer players have been tasked by the Secretary-General of the UN with taking out a dangerous element that went off the rails. You can learn more about this over on the walkthrough thread.

Mob Wars, you’ll have your Mother’s Day Raid Event next week, so keep an eye out for more information!

New Content Releases

The Crafting recipes for the latest LCN Location, Cairo, were released this week, tying off the content for that particular Location.

Now that all four games have had a new Location drop in the first half of the year, we’re already planning out the next slate of releases. Expect more news on that soon™!

Daily Goals Update

A quick note about the Daily Goals: the “Check the Lottery Page” Goal has now been removed. We found that this quest caused some unfortunate confusion in regards to its payout and was not really worth it compared to the rewards of other Goals.

If you still have the Lottery quest in your queue it will still be finishable, but it will not roll anymore. You can still earn Lottery tickets in the Loot Chests/Cases themselves, however.

War Events Sortable Targets

A small, but hopefully welcome change today is the ability to sort your saved target list in the War Events. You can now either sort targets alphabetically by name regardless by Division, or alphabetically by Division and then by name.

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

Why didn’t the lifeguard save the hippie?

He was too far out!

FancyPants, steve williams and Rick B like this.
  2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

finally dont have to be worried if i reroll a quest it will become a lotto page visit quest.

A while back when the achievement expansion update occurred i went into detail about them and mainly focused on the boss kills and challenge completion goals. It was stated that in a little while you could revisit/take a look at them and adjust accordingly. Now that a fair amount of time has passed and the challenge achievement tiers are still in a broad view of all servers nobody except for 1 person is over a total of 3500 would it be possible to adjust them down. Similarly with the total boss kills required but that isnt nearly in the same situation as the challenges completed.

Or is there potentially a challenge revamp in the works that would make the 5k completion and above something that is more feasible of a goal for those who are willing to sink in the time. Currently things havent changed so it is still at best 8 hours for a single challenge completion, if not spending thousands of dollars to gain mass amounts completed. I can pull up the post that goes more in depth about the time required if needed.

Chasity likes this.
  3. many thanks for the updates ;)

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Thanks mi7ch! There's one other daily goal I'd like to see removed. It's the 10 hands of high roller. I don't think anyone likes high roller since it was dropped from cities quite early (Bangkok). Tell me if I am wrong here, please. It amounts to an auto reroll as there is no incentive to backtrack and do high roller.

Sasha St. Cin and TomcaT like this.
  5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i like that lame joke that was awesome lol

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The Bounty Event was great fun, and I made some nice coin !!!!!!!!!!!!, just happened to walk right into it :)

7. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

They are good to do for advancing Challenge Achievement and the FPs, They take less time to complete.

8. James Simons

James Simons New Member

doing high rollers help earn favor points while waiting for next cities challenge. by redoing Bangkock you earn 3 favor points every completion so they are a good thing to keep

9. Justin the killer

would be great too see a New Kano Game instead of these 4 Apps..woud be awesome if they come out with another game release :)

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Although this is true, for higher levels is not something many do anymore, that I know of. So why is a "Loot Chest" dedicated to something most will re-roll?

Rick B likes this.
  11. aleco

aleco New Member

the bounty event was only good time for half players is there going to be one to suit your other players mitch ???

12. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Thank you for getting rid of the lottery treasure quest!!!
    And, Loving the Lame Joke! :cool:

13. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

EXACTLY!

14. Kirsten

Half players ?? I thought it was a lot of fun, Kano listed everyone and we listed them, and each other, I rarely catch them there, and only the god ones, once in a blue moon, I actually caught 14 bounties and two were for over a quad

15. Kirsten

The hunter challenges are better than the high rollers.

Jimmyjamzit and Rick B like this.
  16. ajui

ajui Member

you guys switch place attack and Remove.. i happen few remove save target while try to attack from there. happen few times.. still not used to it. can switch it back?

Sasha St. Cin likes this.
  17. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I'm liking the syn wars target sort - thanks again :) :)

Loot cases:
    I didn't mind the lottery challenge but yea, I always rerolled it because the reward was 1 lottery ticket. If you made it 4 tickets, then it'd be a little more on par with the others. But I think the confusion stemmed from not having a loot case to open and just being awarded the ticket. Even if the loot case contained tickets, I think that would have helped.

I almost always re-roll the high roller because my open challenges are turf wars. But I have some syn members who are still in high roller cities so it's good for them.

And sometimes I re-roll the ambush challenge because I'm maxed at 10 already (we gotta increase that) and am waiting for those to get triggered.

I get that people want to knock out the challenge quickly and open the cases (I do) but sometimes, you gotta hang in there and just re-roll the next day if you didn't like your first re-roll.

18. Justin the killer

ummm i throught u guys said that the lottery as been removed? cause i just recieve it out of a Loot Box once i got done completing 2 Assist Challenges!!! Suspicious you guys!!

19. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

"A quick note about the Daily Goals: the “Check the Lottery Page” Goal has now been removed. We found that this quest caused some unfortunate confusion in regards to its payout and was not really worth it compared to the rewards of other Goals.

If you still have the Lottery quest in your queue it will still be finishable, but it will not roll anymore. You can still earn Lottery tickets in the Loot Chests/Cases themselves, however."

Jimmyjamzit and neill1990 like this.
  20. Justin the killer

yea i know that part but that was a New Quest Rick B so it shouldnt of not been in there at all what so ever!!