[LCN] Game profile pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Valerie, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Ticket sent in about issues with the fb profile pictures :) 1st reply back was
    "Those images are pulled in from Facebook, which makes me think it is a caching issue. Would you mind clearing your cache or trying a different browser and letting me know if you are able to see the images on your Rivals lst once you have done so?"

Yes :rolleyes: i did all that before i sent in the ticket....replied back that i did all that and still was not seeing pictures (told him it was everywhere there is a fb profile pic, not just rivals o_O

2nd reply back was "Thank for confirming that. When I log in as you I don't see any issues with the images. So it is not profile-specific.
    All of the images that are missing are pulled from Facebook's system. Which makes me think it must be a browser- or privacy-related issue.
    Have you tried using a different Browser? If not, would you mind doing so please?"

Now i stated in my ticket I was not the only one with this issue.........anyone else having game pic issues?? or maybe it really is just me :(

Also suggested they add some new catchy canned responses for non mobbies :cool::p:D:eek:

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Can you provide a picture of what is occurring? I'll try to help you out with this, and what browser your using.
    Is it similar to this? If so, seen it for 1st time today in someones Elites
    ELITES.PNG

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This has been going for days, if not longer. From what's been posted here, it's not just related to one platform or game. I've noticed this on KP2 LCN using Chrome. It seems like it's mostly affecting players that have been around between 600 and 700 days.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks folks, as the original ticket says we are aware that some players are experiencing this issue.

As far as we can see, all of the calls to pull those avatars look like they are going through correctly but obviously there is something wrong. We'll continue to look into it, but until we find the "smoking gun" this might be a tricky one to close out.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Sending you a link on this in Private, just ran across it again, maybe will help you pinpoint out what's happening. ;)

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If this is on Facebook.com or KanoPlay Server 1 then this is a known issue with Facebook. They are aware of the bug but I don't have a timeline for when this will be fixed. Hopefully soon!

JADES likes this.
  7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Ugh.

Attached Files:

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

KP2 uses Gravatar, however we have not been able to reproduce the same issue. I am not saying that it is not happening but we haven't been able to isolate it.

FB/KP1 is reproducible and is a known Bug with the FB team. They are currently working to resolve this. It looks like something has changed because instead of a broken profile image I am seeing a lot of the default silhouette image in Chat for example. I'll update this thread once FB closes out the bug report.

9. Tom Urich

Tom Urich New Member

It's not just Chrome - Opera and IE behave the same.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This issue is not browser specific. It will affect anything trying to access profile pictures from the FB graph.

Steve G likes this.
  11. Steve G

Steve G New Member

Ok thanks for info

12. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Yikes :eek: we all been cloned :oops: dam the game looks dull :( with everyone looking the same :rolleyes:

blankddddddd11.jpg
    :):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:)

Smack likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I like looking so thin

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There is no official word back yet from FB but I am seeing comments on the bug report that Profile images are back and I can confirm this myself looking in Chat and in game. That isn't to say it won't break again as they continue working on this but here is to hoping its fixed.

15. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

They are back in FB but not in KP1 at this time.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

They look ok to me in both FB and KP1 right now however until we get official word from FB I expect there might be issues periodically with these images.