TGIF! Development News for April 13, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Apr 14, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, friends!

Thanks for joining us at the end of another week! Not much of preamble from me today, so let’s get right into what’s new across all of our games for the past week (and a peek at next week):

Send All for Gifts Update

While Send All for Gifts proper was released last week, we did make a couple updates to it this week. First Send All is now available on the mobile apps so you can manage Gifts on the go!

Second, we added a loading icon after you’ve pressed “Send All” the first time. Our data showed us that a few people were continually clicking that button as there was no feedback to indicate it was in the process of working, so we added a little something to visualize it.

Daily Goals Update

As noted by @JADES in last week’s TGIF, the Help request Daily Goals just dropped you on the homepage without opening up the proper filter in the Social feed. We released an update this week that will add the correct filter. For example “Challenge Help” Goals will now open the Challenge Help filter.

This should make these Goals a bit easier to work through when you have them, and thanks again to JADES for the suggestion!

Minimum Damage on Co-op Boss Help on Mobile Counter Update

Long winded section title aside, we also changed how this counter works on mobile. Previously you would have to leave the Co-op Boss and come back to check your progress towards earning a Minimum Damage drop , but the counter should now track your progress in real time on that particular Boss.

Content Releases for Next Week

Here’s a couple things coming out next week to be aware of:

New Loyalty Items - All Games, Wednesday April 18
    New Mob Wars LCN Location - Friday April 20 (or sooner! but it will be out next week)

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

Why don’t blind people go skydiving?

It scares the dog too much.

2. thanks for the updates and lame jokes are just too funny lol x

3. Just used the send all feature. Nice. Just one problem with it. It sends double gifts. There is a time period between gift giving to the same player. The 'send all' button allows for you to send 2 gifts to the same player at one time. This was a problem for some time with gifts. Don't mind the double gifts, only that it eats into your 100 max.
    I noticed that the stamina button for Co-op bosses is pre-set. It works for raids, but, I find it is bothersome for the Co-op bosses. I tried to get used to this feature. Not, working for me.

Jared likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If already sent a gift, you'll notice on "send all list" it won't send out a second gift in allotted time frame.

Why doesn't it work, it saves "your last preset" of stamina used to your own preference?

5. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Glad to hear about the new loyalty items and I'm sure the higher levels will love the new location! Also thanks for fixing the counter for minimum damage cuz that really helps on the mobile app

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't like the SAG update, either, but this isn't the main reason. I also don't like the stamina lock feature for bosses.

Maybe. But what about those that help you with bosses, challenges, elites, jobs, etc.? If you SAG, those players won't necessarily get anything for helping you.
    The stamina lock feature does work, that's the problem. I can't tell you how many times I've wasted stamina on bosses with low minimums and used 20 stamina when the same damage could have been done with 5 or less. Also, it's not consistent. I've changed it from 20 to 5, and as I go through my boss list, it will flip back to 20 because I had it set there at one point. It's like the system only remembers where you had it yesterday and not where you set it today.
    Of course, I deal with these updates just like other players do and as I have with other updates that have "improved" the game in the past. There's no point in changing it again now, we're just voicing opinions.

I thought Royalty items were released on a semi-annual schedule? It used to be something like March and September. That means they were last updated a month or two ago. So can we expect new items every 2 months from now on, or is this just a one-off release?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
  7. Double gifts will go out. I checked my 'sent' tab before writing the message.
    As for the stamina button, when you play multiple games and are moving between games, that button is all over the place.

8. Brown Barbaloot

Brown Barbaloot New Member

LOVE the stamina pre-set per co-op boss, and LOVE the send all / receive all gifts buttons. I had stopped giving gifts because it was loads of work for negligible gain. These two usability tweaks have made the game much more enjoyable. Thanks very much!

Smack, mi7ch, JADES and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Loving the Send All gifts button. It's about time. We had asked and asked for years for this feature. For me, it works like a charm and helps to make this game feel like less of a "job".
    Stamina button on bosses - it's no big deal to me. I had to move the button to the amount of stamina I wanted to use anyway, so I am ambivalent on it.
    Thank you!

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Loving the lame joke of the week!

mi7ch likes this.
  11. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

Why have I started getting POP-UPS to post to Facebook for Job and Challenge, etc. help using Kanoplay ???????

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I always have I just cannot really see them cause of the size of my laptop screen, I just ignore them, unless I need to post one then I have to scroll down to click on it. Just ignore it will post in the game, ON FB I just click the X so it won't post to FB.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

On Kanoplay, no FB pop-up should occur, weird being total different site, screen shot it next time.

TomcaT likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I do get what looks like the same box that I get on FB, I don't post it to FB but never looked that close at the box in kano play, just in a habit of clicking the X while on FB and on kano play just ignoring it.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

They are, April and October.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It doesn't, if you have a player in your list that has two Gifts pending, it will only send the first one. The second Gift will not be sent, which is what used to happen before Send All anyways.

17. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

Today is the 20th, Where is the LCN new place? Is it still coming by today?

18. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

it will come this week and doubt they release new location at saturday or sunday :)

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, it will be releasing today. Most likely around noon Pacific.

20. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Send All for Gifts Update This is the best update in awhile! I also like stamina lock. Just got to be careful not to commit suicide on boss! lol

Barnacle, Smack and mi7ch like this.