TGIF! Development News for April 6, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Apr 7, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

Hope you all had a safe and happy Easter long weekend, and welcome to the first TGIF of April! The Kano crew was back at it again this week and we have a few updates for you including a big community-requested quality of life change. Let’s get into the what’s new for this week:

Send All Gifts

The biggest update this week was the release of the Send All feature for returning Gifts. While it has been a long time in the works, we’re glad to get this community-requested idea into the games and we appreciate the patience.

To use Send All, you must first have some Gifts pending to accept from your Clan/Mob/Squad. Go to your Alerts bar (on the top right right next to your Private Messages) and from the click on the Gifts tab. Hit “Accept All” and once you’ve receive your Gifts that button will be replaced with “Send All”.

If you hit that, the game will rip through the list of players and send them the gift from their Wishlist that they have the lowest quantity of. If the other player has no Gifts on their Wishlist then you send a random Gift that you are eligible to send based on your level. If you don’t have a Wishlist for Gifts filled out, this is a good time to do so!

Thanks to @Old Salt for suggesting the original idea! Also please note this is not on mobile yet, but will likely be added to the apps sometime next week.

Lounge/Tavern Chat Rules

Just a quick heads up that we’ve updated the Tavern/Chat rules. You can view them whenever you’re asked to opt back into that particular channel. It has some similarities to the old message, but there are a few differences to be aware of. Here’s the new message:

While we do enjoy back and forth with you guys, the question of Chat enforcement is a tricky one. It’s up to your best judgement to decide whether or not you want to engage with Lounge/Tavern chat and any ban decisions are at Support’s sole discretion. If you have any questions or concerns with Lounge/Tavern please take it up with them.

Admin PM on Mobile App Update

Just a quick note here that the Admin PM tool is now on the mobile apps, so if you see an Admin message pop up while you’re on your mobile device this is why!

Speaking of the mobile apps, version 2.28 is now available on the App/Play Stores. Make sure to keep your apps up to date for the best experience!

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

A woman is on trial for beating her husband to death with his guitar collection. The judge says, “First offender?”

The woman replies: “No, first a Gibson, then a Fender.”

FancyPants and Sparrowhawk like this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

While I'm sure some players like the SAG update, I'm not one of them.
    It goes from the top down, correct? What if you have multiple gifts on your list from the same player? Does that player get more than one gift in return, or does the gift send fail like it does when you send them one by one?

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well considering can only send 1 gift out in allotted time of ~22-24 hrs. (not sure what timer is on gifts) does it really matter? It's same, GAWD you are a negative Nancy lately Jared :confused:

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be negative. I'm asking for clarification on how this works based on how they used to work to see whether or not it's similar. I would imagine I'm in the minority about actually caring about this, and that's fine.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I agree, with Jades, :p but figure it this way, once you start using it daily, or even a few times a day, that would not be a concern anymore, besides the fact it saves time now, and I can craft faster in all the games, cause I would not collect daily before this feature, now wham bang boom, I luv this feature and considering it took forever to get it, I don't see any downside to it. I was curious about when I hit the 100 limit, so I can check adding a gift the old way once in awhile during the day to see if you have reached the limit for the day.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If someone has multiple gifts for you to accept and you try to send them back, it will only allow the first Gift to be returned, just like before.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

This is by far my favorite update in a long time. Thanks a million for making it so much easier to receive and send gifts!

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not a big deal but just noticed this for daily loot chest, assist 2 challenges when click do quest it brings you to adventure page instead of challenge page. ;)

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Which game is this on? I just tested this out in Pirate Clan and it takes me to the Social Feed, which is where I would expect the "Do Quest" to place me.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FB VC it brings me to social feed of adventure help only, which isn't challenge help. I clicked on 2 adventures no pop-up then looked again and said assist 2 challenges so swapped filter and got it.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Oh I see. It appears that those links will just drop you on your Social Feed but not manipulate any of the filters. I'll see if it would be quick to adjust the Event filter for those "Do Quest" links.

JADES likes this.