TGIF! Development News for March 16, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Mar 16, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

Hope everyone is feeling a little Irish this weekend as tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day! Have a safe and happy weekend if you choose to celebrate.

As for what we’ve been up to this week, let’s get right into the news.

St. Patrick’s Day Raid Event

The Feature Raid for March kicked off yesterday in Mob Wars: LCN as the serpentine terror of the Ophidian Sect waged war on the criminal empires of our players. We’re seeing more than 3 times the number of kills this event over the last Raid, which is awesome! In case you missed out on what the deal is with this Raid, and to get your free Raid Key, you can check this thread here.

Zombie Slayer players, your rewards are now ready to collect on the Raid tab until March 23 at midnight, so don’t forget to grab them.

Viking Clan, you’re up next week.

New Locations

Pirate Clan players who are on Murder Island this week challenged the machinations of the villainous Gamemaster, a shadowy figure who has long forced unwitting and unwilling pirates to fight to the death on his island playground. Put an end to his reign and end his cruel games!

Viking Clan players traveled to the Eastern lands of Nippon this week. A bit of a departure from the typical Norse-inspired adventures to be sure, but as you’ll see when the Boss is released next week there are deadly creatures all over the world that are more than a challenge for your axe.

LCN players, rest assured that as soon as all the pieces are in place for your Location I will put it out as soon as possible.

I’ve seen some conversation on the forums recently about the overall strength for Location items. I can’t say right now whether anything will change in the very near future for these Locations but I will be sure to do another review of the item state for the next slate of releases.

Stamina Slider Remembers Last Set Value

A change we pushed out yesterday is a quality-of-life adjustment that should reduce a speed bump for you all. Previous when you set a Stamina slider to any level (5, 10, 20) and left the page, the slider wouldn’t remain where you left it. This is for both desktop and the mobile app.

After our change, you can set a Stamina slider and when you leave and come back the slider will be where you left it! If you see the slider behaving differently than described, please let us know.

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

Why couldn’t the pirate sit down?

Because he had his booty stolen!

Sparrowhawk likes this.
  2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

I dont think it is to late to revamp some of the stats on the items given the locations just dropped within the past 2 weeks. Nobody would have enough time to have farmed any significant amount of drops and crafts.

3. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

you probably think the earned items will remain with the same stats, that is not the case

4. neill1990

obviously they wouldnt stay the same that is what re balancing the items means... they did it with the ships 2ish years ago already so it is possible.

With almost an entire year from the last location to now with the stats the way they are its just sad, mateys being the exception.

5. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

maybe you or i got some misunderstanding there, but we both agree that items should be upgraded right? :)

6. neill1990

weapons and ships, yes since they overall are weaker then they should be lol

7. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I like the new feature of Stamina Slider Remembers Last Set Value. I generally hit a boss with 15 stam only cause someone told me I would get max drops if hit with 20 stam a long time ago. I don't know if that is true , but that is the reason I always choose 15 stam. I figure I can get pretty close to max drops and save stam lolol ... It is nice that any boss I go to now, the slider seems to be at 15 stam already. Well nice except for that one time I only managed to get in one hit on a little boss due to not paying enough attention. I do have a question tho. You said it was a quality-of-life adjustment. Did someone suggest this?

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This was mentioned years ago, and it finally got done. I actually don't like it myself, because I hit smaller bosses and with a low minimum set, you waste stamina. But I'm getting used to it.
    I don't worry about max drops. If you get 1 drop for 4 5 stamina hits and 1 drop for 1 20 stamina hit, that's the same rate. I don't believe the drop rate has anything to do with whether or not you use the slider, but I may be mistaken.