[LCN] Increase World Boss Health

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Friendly Fire, Apr 27, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The idea there is that if you have an open slot for a Goal, you're theoretically not missing out on any because they will drop into that one slot.

But I hear you, I'll check in and see where we stand on adjusting the Health of WBs.

FancyPants likes this.
  2. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

I still don't see the downside of significant increase to the world boss health, and expanding the reduced timer between attacks from one day to two.

FancyPants likes this.
  3. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Mi7ch it's only ONE WB that only lasts five 1/2 days for cryin' out loud. No one is asking they all be looked at.

4. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

The The 86ers was defeated in 5 days, 12 hours and you dealt 11,741,685 damage, based on these results you have been rewarded with the following:
    So... any update on this? Can you increase the 86ers health so it lasts 7 days?
    Thanks!

5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Maybe a chart would help?

WorldBossHealth_2018March26.png

6. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

I think the loot cases are great but I'm sitting here with the GF goal of attack the world boss 3 times - I'm 1/3 but guess what no world boss to attack for another day!!!
    upload_2018-3-26_19-37-39.png

7. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

AHEM! Defeated Boss In:5:12:19:02 - we are all getting stronger and there is no change in 86ers lasting any longer. We're in a static situation. The strength they gain by leveling once is countered by the strength we've gained waiting for them to come back around.

8. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

The current (and ongoing issue) is that the 86ers World Boss health is significantly lower at 29B (> 28%) than the other World Bosses (ave 41B) and it ends in 5 days instead of 7.

WorldBossHealth_2018March26.png

Rick B likes this.
  9. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Yes, exactly!

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The reason the 86ers are so much lower in health is because they are much lower in "level", but really this is just arbitrary. And the only reason they are lower in level is because this is the newest World Boss we added.

Some conversational questions:
    • Would anyone care if we bumped the level up for the 86ers?
    • Does level even matter to anyone for World Bosses?
    I appreciate the continued posts from everyone in this thread on the topic and for having patience with us.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It doesn't really matter. World bosses were never a significant part of the game, and they are even less so now.
    But good points have been brought up in this thread. From what I recall, the 86ers were a much later release than the others, which is why there is such a health discrepancy between the 86ers and the others. There are no level boss achievements for the world bosses, so level only matters as it relates to health.
    I would say either: 1) change the health part of the formula for the 86ers to make it progress more on par with the others, or 2) add a bunch of levels to the 86ers, which should automatically increase the health in the formula. The end result would be the same either way.
    But, other than for godfather goals that can be re-rolled if you don't want to deal with this, there aren't any major benefits to world bosses, even if health/level is increased. This is evident by a post somewhere in the ether in the distant past about new world bosses being rolled out occasionally, and the only real complaint that one of them is being killed off too quickly, which really only became an issue because of the godfather goal release.

12. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

There was a time I eagerly looked forward to the possibility of a new world boss. I've long moved on from that. It happened some time before the world bosses started dying so fast here. I play LCN and VC and it's great those times you see a world boss down to the final day where you can attack with greater frequency. It's good XP. It's purely for that reason it'd be good to see the world boss last longer. I'd love to see the world bosses last till nearer the end.

Level 45 world boss in VC
    Defeated Boss In:13:01:21:09

Level 55 in LCN
    Defeated Boss In:5:12:19:02

I couldn't say what Pirate or Zombie are like, closer to LCN or VC.

Smack and Rick B like this.
  13. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

It is a good xp return and we care or we wouldn't be posting for it to be adjusted. I've been playing nearly two years and the 86ers actually lasted longer when I first started playing. Their health was being toyed with then back and forth and for some reason it was set low this last time. I have no pref over a level adjust or straight-out health increase, but they need to last longer.

14. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks. I don't think it matters if the level changes so the health is increased or if you just increase the health. Whichever works better. It will help the newer and lower level players get the achievements. Plus make the daily GF goals a bit easier to get when the 86ers are up.

I don't think level matters in World Boss. What does matter is the level needed to craft elite or optimals of World Boss drops. It'd be great if those were adjusted lower.

Thanks!

Smack likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll look to make some adjustments to these bosses soon.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Rick B and TinaS like this.
  17. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Something is wrong with that adjustment - the FBI is going down fast and hard!

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks, another player let us know via an earlier forum post. We're just in the middle of rolling out a fix and will be restoring some of the Health.

FancyPants and Rick B like this.