Saint Patrick's Day Feature Raid Walkthrough and Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 28, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Tomorrow on Pirate Clan and then throughout the rest of the month of March, each game will get to try their hand at the new Saint Patrick’s themed Featured Raid!

We are continuing the release of special feature events on the heels of the Holiday Event back in December. There are some changes from a normal raid to how the prizes work and some alterations to the overall mechanics of the Raid Bosses to cover.

Let’s cover the changes to the Raid Boss mechanics first:
    • Raid Parties can no longer be wiped.
    • To offset lack of XP decrease from wiping, XP payout per action will start to scale down when Party Health is below 50%. XP payout will return to maximum when the Party Health is above 50%.
    • Energy drops have been replaced with Party Health drops that will automatically contribute to the overall Party Health. You will get XP when one of these drops happens.
    • There will be a Heal button prompt when your Party is out of Health.
    • Uniform height for Success and Failure messages so the Attack/Heal buttons do not jump.
    • Added a message when the Party Health is below 50% to let players know about the XP decrease.
    We posted a TGIF update a little ways back asking what player thoughts were on removing wiping and we were presented with a lot of feedback around how the Raids are played. We took that back to the drawing board and came up with these changes, so let us know how they feel!

Saint Patrick’s Day Feature Event

During the Saint Patrick’s Feature Raids, you’ll be not only cooperating with your Raid Party to defeat the Bosses but you’ll be vying for the top spot on the separate Raid Leaderboards!

There are three categories of Leaderboard you can place on: Attacks, Heals, and Bosses Killed. Attacks and Heals are the total number of actions. Bosses Killed are any Bosses that you contributed in taking down. You must get the minimum actions on a Raid Boss (2,000 actions, 1,000 of which beings Heals) to have the Kill credit for the Leaderboard.

The prizes you can earn are listed in-game in the Progress banner below the Leaderboard. For those wondering, you can collapse and open the Leaderboard, but the Progress banner will remain open to show you your position on the boards and it is where you will collect your rewards when the event in your game is over.

Here are the rewards for the event, and just to note that these are per Leaderboard. If you place in the number one spot on each board, you can get the top prize three times!

Bracket Three:
    4 Level 1 Loot Chests/Cases

Bracket Two:
    6 Level 1 Loot Chests/Cases

Third Place:
    3 Level 2 Loot Chests/Cases
    3 Attack Superiors
    3 Defense Superiors

Second Place:
    4 Level 2 Loot Chests/Cases
    3 Attack Superiors
    3 Defense Superiors

First Place:
    5 Level 2 Loot Chests/Cases
    3 Attack Superiors
    3 Defense Superiors

Level 2 Loot Chests are an upgraded version of the regular Chests/Cases you get from doing the Daily Goals and contain a slightly different loot pool.

Additionally for anyone who does not place on the Leaderboards there is a Participant prize which you can earn once by meeting the following requirements (anyone who meets these requirements will also earn this prize, even if you have a spot on the boards):

Participant:
    2 Boss Kills
    4,000 Actions (2,000 Attack, 2,000 Heal)
    1 Loot Chest/Case

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I hope this only includes bosses with minimum actions for a drop, and not people doing 1 action on hundred's of bosses and not contributing at all.

4. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Well, our logic is if you join a ton of raids and do nothing, you'll definitely hurt the chances that the raid will be successfully killed, and you only get prizes for ranking on that LB if a significant number of those raids do die. But that said, we'll definitely be looking at people's behaviour after the event and we can make changes in future if this looks to be a problem.

5. ajui

ajui Member

does each server has their own LB or all server in 1 LB? and how about this people who doesn't have enough minimum action when boss dead or escape will get penalty lost exp and gold? with condition they have join party for more than 24hr.

S JORDAN likes this.
  6. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

Like this idea for future raids. If someone doesn't reach minimums penalize them like a hitlist death. I would add multiplier so if they fail to do minimum five times for 5 different raids in one raid session for example.they get 5 times the penalty

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    No Glimmer of Hope likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Each server has its own leaderboard.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

does it start at 12:00 or 1:00 EST, guess I will find out in 2 minutes lol

9. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

So no more energy drops? just adding health to raid party :(

AlterEgoT likes this.
  10. No Glimmer of Hope

No Glimmer of Hope New Member

I'm pretty sure there will be lots more 1 hit wonders joining raids.

AlterEgoT and FancyPants like this.
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

actually raids are going down faster, so any you join do your min in ASAP

12. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i do have a quick question about 0/2 for boss killed...Do i have to kill it or if someone else kills it will it count on your end?

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You have to contribute to a Boss being killed, you don't have to kill it yourself. So if you're in two Raid Bosses that are defeated, you're all set.

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

thank u for that update cause i know i was dealing massive damage on one of the raids that i am in lol..only spent about 150 favor points so far LoL...i dont mind spending on raids just not battle arena :)

15. ajui

ajui Member

by any chances if someone fail to do minimum action when boss is killed.. did the number still increase? i hope not..

16. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Currently, yes, if you fail to do the minimum actions on a raid, and someone else successfully kills it, you still get credit on the LB. If it's a problem for this event we could look to exclude any raids you're in where you don't do the minimum.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK up top Mitch states rewards for tier 2 and tier 3 for leaderboard, which I'd assume makes 3 tier classes for leaderboard. If so then why is my leaderboard showing tier 3's and I'm tier 1?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry, I'm not following. Got a screenshot I can look at?

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Tilley for example is lvl 63k, I'm 6700

MITCH.PNG

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Your level does not factor into it, this is overall for every player in the game. What you're seeing is the top of the server for the Leaderboards.