Stop the Hatred & Slander on Myspace Viking Clan!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric Maximus, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

General statement.

First, I would like to say goodbye to Eddie (The Legend), who is a good friend of mine, yes,he is a real person (unlike some have suggested). As we all know by now, he has "retired" from the game due to "moving on". Lady Jewels has followed.

My point is this, we need to stop the personal attacks and insults on each other. On many occasions it has crossed the line. I have noticed an incredible amount of hate and ignorance, especially on the Myspace Viking Clan. I, like many, have suggested that Kano remove the World Boss feed, because it only gives a forum for more personal attacks (yes, you are all being monitored). It's unfortunate, because we are only talking about a "handful" of ignorant people, that spoil the GAME for hundreds, if not thousands, of "silent" players. Who just like to enjoy and play the GAME. In comparison, I have noticed the World Boss feed on Facebook, is a place for "add-me's" and suggestions.

Eddie, even if you disagreed with him, was simply a guy who liked to "play the game". That's how the game should be played. No insults.... no slander..... no lies..... no bullshit.
    Imagine if we all left? No rivals... how fun would it be?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

eric what universe are you living in ?

you have a very short memory buddy . eddie(luv2show,polishpimpn) is the sociopath that started all the filth and name calling in myspace viking clan along with some of his friends , who i won't name here . as i recall you weren't beyond spreading some vile filth yourself .

i am tired of all this propaganda .

so lets do something really novel and just stop all the crap and play the game . eddie , pimp , jewels , whoever , they're leaving ? big deal . maybe they'll get a life .

lets play viking clan .

3. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

That was and always has been the funny thing Gene...to think all of us are the same thing is laughable, and perhaps shows a certain lack of intelligence on someones part. Forgive us if we had a little fun with the stupidity of it all. Using some personal information givin in confidentiality is probably the lowest form of humanity on anyone's part. But in any case, calling someone names just because they excel you in a game is quite a show of stupidity. Not to point any fingers. As a wise friend of mine said....would you call a chess game names because it won against you? I would hope not.

Some never grow up, and that is fine, some live in a fantasy world, and that is fine. Some have lack of social norms, but when you lack self control..that becomes an issue. They have jails for those people. Those aren't my rules.

I wish you all well, I really do. ITS JUST A GAME>

4. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Case in point. I rarely say anything, and as anyone who knows me, I will never respond to ignorance. Some simply will never get it.

5. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Uh, but you did respond, Eric. lmao

6. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Hey Jewels,
    How are you? How old was Eddie when he started on VC.. 16? Interesting, because he acted his age, then grew up. Yes, some 3x or 4x his age should too. Shame.

7. Gene you're going to find the game pointless and unsatisfying without a villain you can blame everything on.

8. Jme

Jme Member

Y'all need to just chalk it up to human nature. It's our nature to be competitive, and to put down and slander anyone that is weaker, or that we don't like for no good reason. Case in point to any of the older players reading this... Anyone else remember living through school? And I mean from kindergarten all the way through high school.

And while a person may individually decent in person, the internet gives them an anonymity and an audience to exploit feelings or attitudes that they may otherwise not express in the real world. In a way, it's better, though annoying, because we could always end up with some of the younger ones pulling things like another Colombine.

But, these are merely one "silent" player's opinions, and while they make a good point, they are only an opinion. Their reasons for acting like tools are their own, and in the end, the rest of us more mature players should just remember, it's only a game, and does in no way affect our lives away from this game.

Sorry, but I'm stuck in my house cuz of a stupid blizzard and have nothing better to do, lol. Stupid New England weather.