War Event Duration Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

We’ve been seeing some feedback recently that the bi-weekly War Events are starting to feel like they run a bit long at their current length of five days (Friday - Tuesday). What we’d like to do is start running some short experiments with the duration of the War Events to see if we can find a better fit.

To start, we would try running a two-day War Event (Friday - Sunday) and adjusting the number of Token refills you can get per day to match the amount you would get with the current schedule.

After the event is over, we’d also run an in-game survey asking what people thought about the duration, whether we should try different lengths and so on.

We’d like to start doing this soon, but we don’t have a firm date in mind yet. This is to let you all know where our heads are at around this and if there is anything else about the Wars we are not considering. Please try to keep the feedback on-point and off-topic posts will be removed or edited as necessary. Thanks!

2. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

I prefer current 5 days but if you are intent on shortening it..i think 4 days would be better than 3 days...that way a player can still participate even if they have a busy real life weekend. I think a 3 day war would see players drop out (or forced out)

3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Would the token refill rate also be adjusted accordingly since the refills per day are? if that is the case dont see a huge issue with it. If the time for regular token regeneration isnt change i feel it it is going to be a bit of a problem since that would make getting the 2k kill achievement that much harder. At the current rate it already will take a person over 4 years with a rate of 20 kills per war. If however there are a couple more steps added to ease that process that would be all the better making that 4+ year achievement a more conceivable goal to obtain.

Curious if the trial of 3 day war is a necessary change for the new pvp event coming soon? Been thinking that adding a new event in the schedule might be hard since that might make the game to event oriented where there are events essentially every day with no down time.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, it would be adjusted depending on duration.

Good question, but the unnamed PvP event and this change have no bearing on each other.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick clarification. The current Faction Wars run for 4 days total even though they span 5 calendar days.

For example lets say the event starts on Friday @ 10am
    • Day 1: Friday -> Saturday
    • Day 2: Saturday -> Sunday
    • Day 3: Sunday -> Monday
    • Day 4: Monday -> Tuesday 10 am when event ends
    So a Friday to Sunday event would be a 2 day event
    • Day 1: Friday -> Saturday
    • Day 2: Saturday -> Sunday 10 am when event ends

As for a new PvP feature, lets keep that out of this discussion. As Mi7ch eluded to, when the time comes to release that we would certainly give some thought to our event schedule so that we are not completely fatiguing players with event after event and no breaks.

6. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

I dont mind giving shortened wars a shot. I do know theres some folks that would like to see some of the wars on weekdays to.

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I like the thought but I believe the wars need more tweaking.... Basically there's only one way to play it, hopefully be quick enough to snipe good kills and stay healed. I haven't thoroughly thought this out so bear with me lol currently, and I have no idea if this is true for fb kano games as well, the top 4-5 are usually the same guilds and it never changes because those are tje ones with the most time on their hands, fastest clickers, fill in the blank. Maybe change up the point system a bit, if a guild has a certain percentage of attacks against a dying guild then they get a share of the kill reward or something to that effect . It would promote more activity within the wars maybe? Idk but the way it is now just discourages full guilds from even trying so they just hit low tiers for exp and are nothing bit kill targets for the top few. Not much fun for everyone else and I've been on multiple sides of the g wars since they started so this isn't a newly thought up bias in any way, i just think it needs some tweaking to make it more fun for all.... Isn't that why we play games?

8. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

I Prefer a shorter version, work days are difficult

HJM and Kimbella like this.
  9. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

Wold also make it more intense :)

10. Gracie OMalley

Gracie OMalley New Member

I think the duration is fine. Four days would be okay. For me the headache is that they occur every two weeks. How about every three weeks; naturally would have to dodge the Raid weekends, but seems like every time I turn around there's another Armada War.

Vaughn42, TomcaT and LuketheDuke like this.
  11. LuketheDuke

LuketheDuke New Member

I asked privately for a syndicate war during the week, even once in a while, because we'ld like to have some more free time from the game during the w/end. We are not for a shorten war, it makes no difference and a friday to sunday is probably the worst option. TY

12. Matt Gerrits

Matt Gerrits New Member

Would the reward system remain the same as well? Or will it be tweaked in conjunction with all the other tweaking taking place?

13. Yeet Scarlet

Yeet Scarlet New Member

I haven't been playing this game that long but, from playing other games, most have a Friday to Sunday Weekend Event starting in the evening for me 8PM (20:00) EST and end on Sunday, the same time. Then they would turn around and have a 5 day, weekday event (special raid, guild challenges, guild vs guild, kill event). Point is, weekends were reserved for something special and they would switch up the events. One weekend it would be a serve vs serve (once a month or so), next week it was a special raid (once a month), week after that it would be some sort of points gathering event (filler).

Personally, a Friday to Sunday Armada War every 2-3 weeks doesn't sound bad provided refills and such be adjust to match the previous set up and they should be planned to start when most players are online for extended periods of times. Though I'm not sure why you chose to focus on duration when it sounds like you have other problems. As for the raids, I though that was fine. Used to their full potential, you could get a lot of leveling done. And having it a week long, allowed for people to get keys. Some of them keys didn't pop up until you sent 5000 energy in one spot.

14. B L O N D Y

B L O N D Y New Member

I definitely like this idea of having a three-day SW event, instead of a five-day. 5 days is too long + tiring, especially when you are addicted to SW, as I am. ;) I want my life back, so please - make this happen asap, TY :cool:

HJM and Kimbella like this.
  15. I am not a fan of weekend timing but my biggest concern is the timing for our European members. If the games do not always begin at noon their time would be 2 days rather than 3.

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  16. John Luna

John Luna Member

I have to agree with the point system, it should be adjusted. Let others have a fair chance. At the present setup no one has a chance no matter how many As they take down or how many refills are purchased.

Kimbella and No Glimmer of Hope like this.
  17. Kat Tyrrell

Kat Tyrrell New Member

Three day war would be much better! I know peeps who left their syndicates because of the demands of syn wars. Not only is the duration too long but twice per month just makes it feel even longer. Good idea on short war events!

18. I agree. The 3 day (which is really only 48 hours} war would eliminate European players almost entirely. Half of my syndicate is on GMT we'd have to bypass thee SW if they go to 3 days.

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  19. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I agree the wars seem too long and when you play all 4 Kano Games there is no reprieve. I would like to see once a month Wars and maybe a different event on the other weekend. It starts to get boring as it is such a repetitive cycle and when you play all 4 games it becomes a chore instead of something you enjoy. One would say give up on some of the other games but I love them all! Shorten the wars and shorten how often we play them. Once a month for each game on rotating weekends that would be more ideal. ;)

20. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Why not. Give it a shot.
    Can I ask why you do not get credit when a Guild kills itself on you. Shouldnt you get that award. You get the health in Arena Sudden Death when its done

Sasha St. Cin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.