Development News February 2, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

It is not his own script- it's Kano's sript... why is this so difficult for people to understand. He has taken Kano's script and changed their code by manipulating the script automated it. Any changes to the script that do an action for you is automation ... He has no right to change it in anyway as the script rights are legally owned by Kano and in Canada, where Kano is located, the theft of intellectual property (the script) is a chargeable offense... it is considered theft if it is changed and distributed... pretty simple to understand... Js

Justin the killer likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We do not condone people making their own scripts for use in any of our games and we most certainly would not be adopting someone else's script into our game in any way shape or form.

We are not giving anyone a wink and a nod here.

3. Killa Queen

Killa Queen Member

I've only played LCN and found that gifts were useful in the beginning, but not now. The point I was trying to make to him was that we do not need scripts or UIs or whatever else he was offering - we don't need the game messed up.

Just happy that Kano have him on the radar :D

S JORDAN and Kirsten like this.
  4. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

fast forward since my last post was appeared to be removed.... okay fine, what i have been saying, i have sent kano support the suggest/feedback on improve some features, but they (kano) ignore my requests.... see? they wont recode. change. or improve features at alll.... not a bit... that s why i like the idea of plugins or likewise to the features.... for example, in syn war, the saved target list ... the list is fixed non-arrangment order .... i wish to rearrange the order of the list , to make division into group in the proper order... (as opposed to currently fixed all messed up ), also desktop version regarding saved targetlist do not have dividon label as in ios or android mobile version does ..... this is the sample i am talk about but kano REFUSE to do it.... I won't spend a penny anymore into this game unless kano DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

neill1990 likes this.
  5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I understand your frustration but I don't believe it is accurate to say that we "refuse" to make changes to either UI or core functionality. We make changes and updates all of the time, the TGIF is a testament to this, however they may not be the changes you are looking for. I will also say that sending these suggestions to our support team is probably not the best avenue for this. Our Support team is extremely busy and unless something is an outright bug suggestions for UI or otherwise may not get in front of the right people. This is not to say that our support team does not bring forward ideas to the rest of the development team because we meet often. But, bringing forward ideas such as this to the forum (and apologies if you have already) is probably a better place for this where the community can give feedback and flesh out the functionality a bit more.

Having said all of that, I am going to look at the difference in Division label being on Saved Targets between our Mobile app and Desktop app. Sometimes the changes and improvements we make when we port a feature from Desktop to Mobile do not make the return trip. It sound likes this one in particular could be a quick fix. As to your other suggestions with the Saved Target list those are not quick changes but it is something we can discuss with the team.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick follow up as I removed a few off topic posts.

My reply above has nothing to do with Icebreaker threatening to stop spending. We value the feedback from ALL players of our games as it takes all of you, spending or not, to keep the games active and engaging.

In terms of me looking into the Division tag on the Desktop saved target list, if this is something we can fix quickly (~30-60 mins) there is no reason we shouldn't do it. Changes that require more than this need to be thought out, prioritized and scheduled which is why we often can react as fast as many people would like.

7. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Error on the new characters ? Female Hat one is 200 all the rest are 400

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No, you get a discount on the next Character if you own the previous one (in this case the female Boomer).

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  9. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Nice small update on locations lists, now hopefully won't lock up anymore :)

Smack likes this.
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

How did it "lock up" on you before?

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

With the long list, if was out of screen sight, sometimes it simply would not let you scroll down the list of locations. Would have to refresh page and try again.

Smack likes this.
  13. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

any reason the homepage of the forums lost the images behind the category names?

[​IMG]

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Looks fine to me? I would suggest the usual troubleshooting steps but I'm sure you've done that already. I'll ask around.

[​IMG]

Edit: As is so often the case, @Smack has pointed me in the right direction those banners should be set now. Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

EDIT: didnt see the edit, makes sense now.

Smack and mi7ch like this.
  16. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Icebreaker doesn't spend much anyway lol So not a big threat... you stand to lose a lot of bigger spenders in the long run... I've even considered deactivating at times because of script usage... Kano keep up the good work. We love our game and if it loses its integrity and becomes bot/ script/ toolbar ridden... we might as well be playing against our computer because the whole human aspect of it will be lost. I really don't understand why people even have the app if they don't want to play it for fun... Their computer plays it when it's automated not them and their stats were never earned. They get to play for free but complain because their computer can't play it for them... Smh how would they feel if Kano gave up and removed the game... They probably wouldn't care because they would just find another one to use exploits on. That's the big difference more of us care then don't care and want LCN to be around a long time and not be destroyed like so many games have been in the past by the use of exploits. I have a brace on one arm but I don't complain about the game and it's features- I can play on the mobile app with 1 hand of I want to hunt... All I can really say if they aren't happy with the game let them find a new game with the perfect settings to use their script on... It's a lot less work for Kano that way too

steve williams likes this.
  17. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

totally, if going a public raid from chat, heal as the first click is good.

18. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Thank you. I'm good on the mobile app and happy to use it to hunt. The only issue I have with it is that it gives me the bot check on my laptop when I am using the phone, that causes me to miss bounties if my laptop is shut off and I have to turn it on to answer the math question :(

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Use App then, IMO it sux, and you said "all" which is untrue. Everyone gets lag on bounties (by design) roughly ~15 bounty kill's

20. Silvano

Silvano New Member

For players who have never bought a character, the cost is 400 FP, if they buy the new ones will have "+ 0.75% power boost applied when you are Attacking and Defending in Fights"? or only one 0.25? and this even if they change from woman to man, as even if it is not upgraded?