[LCN] LCN Lounge Chat Improvements Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparkleMotion, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Players should have health to be able to post in the Tavern. World Chat they can be dead or in the hospital but since the Tavern has a more freewheeling type of atmosphere where anything goes pretty much then loudmouths who choose to call out people or talk about them should have to have their character healed in the game. Not full health but at least out of the hospital where they can be dealt with in real time. And as an added bonus it would promote battling in the game which is what it's all about anyway since it is a fighting game after all, not just a social one.
    And please don't tell us there is a mute button. I have no interest in using that knowing full well someone who has themselves parked in chat running their mouth can be seen by everyone anyway. You wanna talk tough in chat then be prepared to back it up in game.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

A mute button and having to be alive to talk in the world chat serve the exact same purpose, but the execution is different.

The difference is, you control the mute button. What's to stop a group of players from picking a target and ensuring they're never alive, therefor effectively censoring them regardless of the reason? That's beyond a player's control and would make for an even more negative gameplay experience. What if you get picked as the target of the week and you can't talk in Tavern for who knows how long? Your answer right now might be "people can take their lumps", but it would be pretty frustrating, wouldn't it?

Allowing what is essentially mob justice is not a realistic or sustainable practice of chat moderation and would indeed create more oversight for us, which is the opposite of what the Lounge/Tavern chat was made for.

If you use the mute button, you can no longer see what that person is saying, so what they are saying should be of no consequence to you. If the idea that someone might be saying something without you knowing bothers you, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sorry if I come across as unsympathetic, but Lounge/Tavern chat is increasingly becoming like the old World Chat in terms of the time and effort we need to govern it, which like I said is the exact result we did not want. At the end of the day, that channel was created to be unmoderated except in extreme circumstances and I've seen reports of language that wouldn't pass muster as an insult in elementary school. We are in the process of rethinking how we enforce our rules on the Lounge chat, and allowing players to gang up and ensure that someone does not have a voice regardless of validity for doing so will not be among them.

steve williams and Crazy Inuit like this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

before the lounge we kept asking, again it is not what the players says, or what words are used, this is a fighting game, it is about being a coward in the game, ya keep missing the point, we don't care about trash talking , in fact we like it, we don't care if we are talked about muted or not muted, it is the 'simple' fact that it is done cowardly and No the reason given in your first few lines lol is not anything anyone I know has considered, but thanks for putting that idea out there, what I do know is any of us who feel not being dead while talking in the lounge/tavern, is not something we would even do, if I were killed , before I spoke, unless I did not notice right away, I would make sure I had enough health to be whipped,slapped, punched, etc and listed before I said a word, cause I am not a coward in a clicky game lol , so again it is about running their mouth on purpose while dead, knowing, they cannot be touched, but hey if ya don't want to change it , , don't worry we will target the coward, anyway, regardless , just not as often as we could if they had a bit of health, so thanks for nothing. :p we are not concerned about 'language', we are all adults as it is I have to watch what I say, :p I am fine with the rules, not being racist, or making crude sexual threats, or anything about sexual abuse to kids, threats of bodily harm etc,, so in ending, I don't know what to tell kano either, other than, ...................

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Seppo likes this.
  4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

They can do that now Mitch. Anyone or any group can target anybody at any time and if they are running their mouth in chat they can just wait till he puts his health back up and keep him dead. Needing health to post in chat isn't going to make that any more of a threat to someone. If you're going to get targeted you're going to get targeted. Period.
    And the mute button is not a solution to someone running their mouth. So I can't see what they are saying so that makes everything okay? Better having the ability to be able to shut some mouth then just ignoring it.
    As far as Tavern complaints, maybe you wouldn't keep being bombarded with nonsense tickets if you did need health to post.

Seppo and Kirsten like this.
  5. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

he got the point!!! above

6. Kirsten

LOL so then he can just say No we won't do it :p instead of excuses, :cool:

7. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Sorry guys i see no purpose to lounge chat at all - its a cess pit - its full of hate and bad mouthing and demeaning people - the few call out for lower levels and people they dislike to be constantly punched and listed - it needs removing !

steve williams and Crazy Inuit like this.
  8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Just because you don't enjoy the channel doesn't mean it needs removing. If it is not for you that is perfectly fine, and it sounds like you avoid it, but that doesn't mean that there are not others that do enjoy the Lounge, as toxic as it might be at times.

Farqu, Kirsten and Seppo like this.
  9. Kirsten

it is all in your perspective, we have had world chat for years, the lounge/tavern is a newer version, and I know in VC and PC , we have alot of fun making fun of each other and the creepy ones lol, consider the source of some of the real nasty ones, and I know some that have been banned from them, but that is only caused they crossed a line, targeting low levels is not one of those lines, and it normal gameplay, especially if they start running their mouths whining, that just makes it worse for them, or anyone, regardless of their level

Farqu and Seppo like this.
  10. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

I would like to personally thank Steve Williams for ruining my game experience in LCN.

I have been getting targeted daily in game by people 10,000 levels higher because they think I'm you.

Thank you very little.

11. Kirsten

LOL ya funny ya know, sorry but if you won't heal and or stay dead and continue to run your mouth , then you are the coward, when i say' we" I mean my friends who call out the cowards that run their mouth in chat or tavern while dead, and yes I am talking for them.

12. Kirsten

Honestly I see no difference between LCN PC and VC or ZS in how people behave, whether it is positive or negative attention someone gives or gets, been playing kano games since 2010. So staying out of the lounge/ tavern/Chat is a good idea if people don't want to bring attention to themselves, in two of the 4 games I rarely talk in chat, cause of my level and or my account not being as strong as my other two games, where I am strong, I will trash talk and take what comes game wise and talk trash and make fun right back , in spades . :) Tavern is a newer feature, that gives us more freedom to talk trash, but if someone threatens someone outside of the game, that is a violation a ticket can be sent with the all the info pertaining to it, there are lines in the lounge/ tavern, which are explained when we accept to open it, I will say ya have to not only have to have a strong account( which by doing raids for a new or lower level player is not the best way to level) but being these are fighting games, if someone is not use to PVP playing it can seem hard to deal with, but that can be overcome by letting it roll off our back, and choosing to just have fun with it, just know that whatever we do to retaliate in words or game actions, will just keep the dramas alive . When one drama with a player/players ends another will begin, in my 8 years of playing kano games and 3 years before in another company's PVP game, that I can guarantee . :)

13. Kirsten

You don't get it this a fighting game and as long as someone is not cheating, almost anything goes, and if it is not what you like why should others have to change the way they play cause you don't play that way, that is not gonna happen, either enjoy it , rise above it, let it roll off your back, or be miserable, that choice is yours.

14. Kirsten

I like the tavern, and the more the cowards talk while dead, even if I have them muted, since they become trolls that are dead, as soon as they surfaces they get killed over and over, I choose to mute a few, cause while taking dead they say the dumbest things and it gets boring.

15. Kirsten

The best thing to do would be to block someone who does that to you on FB, this way they cannot see anything about you .

16. Kirsten

no for threats made in lounge that are beyond the game, not threats they make on FB, well ya not the first person, and ya won't be the last, it happens to just about everyone, but they will find someone else, as time goes by, but ya have to keep a low profile, we did not always have a lounge, so ya cannot blame the lounge.

17. Kirsten

what do you care what others say about you, FFS, get a grip already, I understand, what you are saying I am trying to show you how to deal with it and to look at it from a different perspective FFS, but if you want to keep being a victim then, I am wasting my time, good luck, BTW I can say what I want, and by your attitude I am beginning to see why you have become someone's target, ya not looking for help ya just want to whine about it .

Farqu and JADES like this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FACEPALM.PNG

Farqu and Kirsten like this.
  19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

In case you don't know, you can quote multiple messages, you don't have to reply to each individual message to respond. Friendly forum tip.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Just because you get an alert doesn't mean you have to respond. You must be related to Kirsten .