[VC] Logout Link STILL Not Working??

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by GoddessFreyja, Jan 25, 2018.

1. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I'm trying to log out of my account using the link at the top right corner of the page but instead of logging me out, all that happens is that my page refreshes. Rebooted my computer but problem is still there. Didn't have a problem earlier today, it just started after the Raid Boss event began. The two features may not be related but can someone please fix the Logout glitch? I'm on Server 2, playing on Google Chrome. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Can you please PM me with a link to your account and I'll get this looked into? Thanks!

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK, so I managed to get stuck in a logout loop myself. If you clear your cookies, it will log you out.

If you log in again after that, you should able to logout no problem.

4. GoddessFreyja

I just cleared my cookies, cache, etc. a few days ago but I cleared everything again; it did let me log off then back in. However, others in my guild that also use Google Chrome had the same problem so it wasn't just a problem for me. Thank you.

5. GoddessFreyja

Game is not working again; back to the logout loop..............:mad:

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

hhmmmm sounds like this is a serious issue...cause i know that happen to me before..which on my end i had to logout of all devices that was associated with facebook or even server 2 an after that everything went back to normal..an it could also be the Internet Connection-Wifi issue as well!! p.s. i use Google Chrome as well!

7. GoddessFreyja

I cleared my cookies, cache, etc. and I was able to log off one time before it went back to the logoff loop. I am seriously NOT clearing my history numerous times thought the day just to get the logoff link work one time. It's a pain in the butt because then all the other sites that I have my log on and password "saved" into log me off and I have to do everything all over again. It's a problem here with Google Chrome.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Justin the killer likes this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We made a couple changes so everything should be working correctly now with log on/off functionality so no more cookie clearing required.

Definitely let us know if that is not the case, however!

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Might want to try "incognito mode for chrome"= less cookies if problem persists.
    Edit, ooop's 30 secs to late until Mitch's last post, LOL ;)

mi7ch and Justin the killer like this.
  10. Justin the killer

you throught u was gonna be a smart one an yet Mi7ch wins again xD

11. GoddessFreyja

No, still won't let me log off. Turned off my computer, waited a few minutes, turned it back on and tried to log off but I'm still stuck in that logout loop. Been using Google Chrome for this game for years and never had a problem until a few hours ago. Everything was fine this morning.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hmm, OK, you can try an incognito window as @JADES suggested as it doesn't track cookies. It seems to be working for most players now after we made the change earlier so you might need to submit a Support ticket so we can take a closer look at your account.

There's sadly only so much troubleshooting to be done here past the usual "clear cache, try a different browser".

13. GoddessFreyja

As I previously stated, I am NOT the only one having problems logging out of Chrome and no one had any problems logging out until TODAY. Had no idea what incognito mode was but I figured it out. The problem is not on my end as I cleared my cookies and cache a few times. Something changed in this game today.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Might try one last thing off top of my head. In your address bar, you will see a little shield icon, try disabling that which is called "tracking protection" then re-try logging off.. ;)
    tracking.PNG

15. GoddessFreyja

Chrome doesn't have the shield icon and I looked in settings and didn't see any place to disable tracking protection; maybe it doesn't have that? But it looks like you're using Firefox? I guess they don't have the same system options. I've spent too many hours trying to figure this out so I'll have to change the way I play this game; really not what I wanted to do. But I do appreciate your trying to help....thank you very much! :)

JADES likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

17. Justin the killer

well what i use as a back up is Opera try downloading that browser an see if it will let u log in an out an then let me know please :)

18. GoddessFreyja

The Chrome incognito window let's me log out so I'll use that for awhile; maybe someday the problem here will be fixed. I also tried Microsoft Edge and that seems to be working. I never heard of Opera until today but thanks for the suggestion and help. :)

JADES likes this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I don't use Chrome, was there a update in last 24 hrs? Might be the route cause of this.....

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  20. jemma

jemma New Member

i play mob wars on comp and phone and i cant log out of either so it has nothing to do with cookies otherwise my phone would work

GoddessFreyja likes this.