TGIF! Development News November 10th 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

In Canada this weekend we observe Remembrance Day, a memorial for the 1st and 2nd World Wars. We wear poppy flowers and make donations to veterans services, and there's a statutory holiday usually observed on the Monday. Nice to have a long weekend but a somber moment nonetheless.

We do have some exciting game news this week, so read on for all the details.

Daily Quests and Loot Chests
    This week we saw the release of this brand new feature in Pirate Clan! Mi7ch put together a nice writeup on it here. So far we've seen 70% of quests completed and have awarded many thousands of chests, which we're delighted to see. There was a small bug around UTC vs. PST with the rollout but things seem smooth otherwise! Please let us know how you're feeling about this feature in this TGIF thread; specifically we'd love to know how you feel about quest difficulty, what kind of quests you'd like to see and what kinds of rewards you'd like, along with any changes it's made to how you play. We'll take all your comments into consideration as we roll it out further...

...which brings me to the release of this feature coming up in Zombie Slayer next week! Keep your blades sharp and your bats... heavy(?), slayers.

I also just wanted to make a special note to thank @neill1990 for his suggestion regarding daily quests a while ago, right here on the forums. We based this feature on a number of similar setups in other games, but Neill pointed out he suggested something very similar in the past. We receive so many suggestions it can be tough to keep them organized, but going forward we want to do more to recognize when we decide to move ahead with something similar to what you guys have requested.

Inventory Sorting by Active
    In that vein, we had a suggestion a few months ago around a new way to organize your inventory. A player named Luca wanted to be able to see what items were currently equipped in his inventory while looking at the stockpile view (I'm not sure if he's ok with me sharing more of his details, but Luca if you're reading, let me know and I can put your last name in the ring ;)

We're always working on large, impactful changes to the game, which often take quite a while to release, but we'd also like to bring out more day-to-day improvements that make playing easier. This release is something we were able to put together fairly quick, and we'll be looking to release more minor stuff like this going ahead while we work on bigger projects. Here's a photo of what it'll look like when it comes out:

[​IMG]

This isn't quite ready for prime-time, but it should be out next week.

Facebook Contests this week!
    Last week we gave away two packages of 100 FP in each game! Congrats to our winners Samantha Paxton, John Blake, Angela Brackett, Sarah Hughes, Carol Richie, Anthony Horton, Carlie Lawrence and Johnathan Schneider. This week a few of the current Limited Time item package are on offer for each game, so drop by the fan pages to leave a comment and enter. Don't forget that liking and sharing the post triples your chance to win! Links here: LCN PC VC ZS

Newsletter
    Mi7ch and I are working on getting the Fall Newsletter out very soon! Most of it will be a recap of anything you missed in this season's TGIFs, plus of course the special mystery reward we offer every three months. Make sure to check it out for the scoop on the history and upcoming feature changes!

Freeze Numbers
    29 accounts were permanently frozen this week as a result of alt or bot use. Thanks to everyone vigilantly reporting sketchy activity and helping make the games more fair and fun for everyone.

Terrible Joke
    How much does a hipster weigh?
    An Instagram!

That's all folks, have a good weekend and don't forget to leave your comments on the Loot Quest feature!

2. Brad Jessome

Brad Jessome Member

How about news on future new location release dates on all 4 Kano games ?

AlterEgoT likes this.
  3. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

Love the idea and getting some extra usable items is great. I am not sure all the kinks are worked out. Today on FB PC my challenge was to visit the Lottery Page - I did and nothing happened - so I waited for the actual Lottery ticket to come available and clicked on it and still nothing happened. No extra Lotto ticket or chest to open. I guess to be expected with a new roll out but I have collected daily and been satisfied with the items. I upgraded all of them just to see - I would like to see more stam/energy cards especially around Raids lol. Although I did collect my energy boost one day, then went and did my daily challenge in which I did receive 2 1X energy cards but didn't get them, I chalked it up to me having too much energy at the time....so it would be nice to be able to bank these cards and use them at a different time. I already submitted a ticket but just throwing the idea out to be able to bank the cards and use them later ;)

Aapje and kevinmalo like this.
  4. Betty Healy

Betty Healy New Member

Level 17319
    2 hits,1 punch in 9 minutes
    Attacked first: 10 hours ago
    Last attacked: 10 hours ago

vs.
    Level 2383
    0 hits, punches or hit lists
    how is that fair? fix the problem with this
    but other than the current changes in PC, I like that, keep it there.. make changes like this in all the apps.

5. food

food New Member

6. food

food New Member

your link was tossed. its a war game

AlterEgoT and Kirsten like this.
  7. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

I really like the new addition of the Chests, there are some very useful things in them whether its items, energy.......Not too good but useful for most and it doesnt take half your stam/energy to complete. Good change for once :)

8. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, the chests do provide a nice amount of loot, especially if you start a new character in something like Pirate Clan, where you need ten thousands of items.

I haven't encountered any objectionable quests, and things like counters or Captain's Gambit can be easily rerolled.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

ya kidding right ?? Betty?? 2 hits i punch and ya complaining, Really ????????? it is not a problem it is part of the game, it can happen for no reason, or someone you are affiliated with or the syndicate ya in, or for any other reason, or no reason at all, just ignore it, play your game and say nothing about it in the Chat, or you will really become a target for everyone else, these are PVP, games,

10. Kirsten

ya said is more simply than I did lol

11. Drummerist

Drummerist New Member

Good to see your now dealing with the cheats and bot users again keep it up there are plenty more of them, name and shame wouldn't be a bad idea to deter anyone else currently using them, some in a certain Syndicate would lose a lot of members and they know who they are.

Betty Healy likes this.
  12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Roflmbo this was suggested years ago before MS even shut down.

13. Betty Healy

Betty Healy New Member

I know and understand that, I've been playing since '09, but even lower level players is/are getting attacked like I have been and plus, because of these higher level players, the lower levels(my range and lower) is leaving because of this and that's not fair or right, it would be like peewee herman going up against mike Tyson or connor McGregor, see where I'm going with this? I'm not going to leave the game or lie down, shut up and take my beating like a dog.. that's their exact words to my old syn. that I was in

14. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

How do you claim your referral rewards in mobwars lcn?

15. Kirsten

The words lower levels are leaving have been said for years only the string will survive anyway

16. Betty Healy

Betty Healy New Member

its the level of these kinds of players or are you that blind? a level 17319 vs. a level 2383? for the last few flipping months of going through this bs??!!

17. Jon Bisom

Jon Bisom New Member

I like the New activity in PC. I look forward to it in VC. In regards to the weekly Facebook drawings, I won the Seafaring Set in August but never received the items. I posted with Kano in Facebook and also created a trouble report in Kano Games. Still don't have them. So I say to those that won . . Good luck collecting!

18. Sasha St. Cin

Sasha St. Cin New Member

I had the same problem this morning. Quest was to do lotto and No chest resulted.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Ditto here....

20. Kirsten

wow I don't think this game is for you , ya think this never happens, you think you are unique? think again and quit crying, wow so you want the game to change for you or someone like you, please, stop already

HJM likes this.