[LCN] PvP Balance Change v2 - October 4th 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. AGAIN, the items will still help you, but they won't be the MAJOR source for your strength .... PvP means PLAYER vs PLAYER, in my honest OPINION, the ONLY things that should be considered is the player, the ARMED items and the skill points, not the mob size, not the stockpile ... larger mobs have the advantage IF they are built right ... and even lower levels could win if they have the right build

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

should of done this massive years ago! why now kinda late dontcha think? now the Newbies can actually over power us in away! pfftt whatever..

3. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Money talked again, and I never seen the limited quantity items being sold so freaking fast as from when the change took place a few hours ago.

4. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Please no, it would be like cagematch in Pirate Clan :)

5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

for someone who hasnt purchased alot of weapons over the last few years the difference they put in for skill points sure showed who put money in since there overall was such a huge multiplier in there little program so if u had alot of insane high stated items it would still give you a huge advantage over all. This fix does help the fact that lower accounts would have to make up alot of difference in total amount of skill points higher players have by spending alot more to make up for it, so if you dont like the changes 1 its due to your own placement of skill points and your own lack of spending at proper times its be said the 10 g you by now would have costed you 30 g 7 yrs ago due to the insane amount of stat changes over the years

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

@Smack i'm very happy with the adjustment , i now beat the ppl i was beating and loose slightly more against the ppl i didn't beat , ( i can see the diff but its in lines with what i expect) it seams a fair adjustment for me as i rely on all the brought items and big boss drops for my strength, i'm all for change if it doesn't affect anyone too much and benefits the whole, not everyone will agree but i'm the exception with a few who built on health and rely on brought or drops for strength and i feel my brought items do count now ;)

Smack likes this.
  7. LOL Sir, I am one of the ones that has NOT spent ...... and don't INTEND to. We did not have the INSANE amount of weapons being offered, there were NO crates, there was NO raids, and there SURE wasn't any protection. You picked on someone bigger than you, you got beat .... END OF STORY. All the new players have 60 days of protection "to give them time to adjust to the game". Yet what some are doing is using that 60 days to antagonize the higher levels and soak up every possible crate and weapon they can .... I would LOVE to have even 1% of the money that is being made from the new players thru paypal ... I would be able to pay off all of my bills and STILL take a good 6 month vacation to the location of my choice. And I don't know what server YOU play on, but there have been NO stat changes where I play (and I play on 2 of the platforms .... WAS 3 til I got tired of all the BS we are now dealing with).

Kirsten likes this.
  8. ummmmmmmmm your BOUGHT items have ALWAYS counted .... sometimes TOO much.... THAT is why they are rebalancing .... the ITEMS were taking over the strength compared to the skill points you allotted to attack and defense

9. Sargeinmi

Sargeinmi New Member

Well thats the breaks peoples attack and def should play a huge part in the game or why have att and def

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Rob352

Rob352 New Member

Couple of things, with the change some of the "mystery" of who you win and lose to have been taken away, gets a little boring. I also see some crazy damage numbers from a level 4k. (I am a War Mode player at level 2800). How is it a several level 4k to 5k players with moderate load out do as much damage as a strong level 11k and a very strong level 13k player do? I get hit and hit several different levels and kinds of accounts. The health damage is way out of whack for both me hitting a player and getting hit. I am now winning on a player I was 50/50 on before and doing 3 times the damage to them then I am taking. There is always a cause and effect to everything. Have the devs looked into the health damage aspect of the game?

11. IamClueless

IamClueless New Member

The sum of Damage Dealt + Damage Taken in PvP ( not against Whacked) divided with 0.3 equals the nominal max Health of the weakest party. I.e If I have 130000 health and a player with more health attacks me and I deal 19890 dmg then I will take 19110. ( since (19890 + 19110) / 0.3 = 130000 ). This has always been the case and it is still like this. The crazy figures , i.e the big ratio between dealt and taken that pops up all over the place now is because of the changes in how skill points are weighted into the w/l percentage equation. And that tweak is precisely what this "PvP Balance" is about. First try from Kano gave quite astronomical w/l numbers where players previously had been "on par" with eachother and this V2 of the "PvP balance" softens that a (fair) bit and also reinstates Personal Loadout as something useful.

12. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i dont mean i heavily brought items although ive always brought sale items with high value but my main heavy items are the big level boss drops
    and when i was beating someone by miles to loose by miles does that seem fair ?
    ive heavily invested in high value boss drops so im now full of vehicles armour weapons and not even many above me have those
    i think the tweak is now ok for me and im sure for others,
    there will always be the argument that people who spend have an advantage against those that cant

13. Scoughman, don't try to explain it to them ... they have it in their mind that the only thing they need are the strongest weapons, that they don't need skill points ... so let them spend ... it keeps the game going and they will make good cannon fodder when they realize that they messed up by leveling too fast and not having a good POINT build

14. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i dont use a levelling partner im level 5k and been playing form day 1 so im behind but thats my game play. im just for high punch so my skills are in health my choice BUT i brought weapons to counter the fact i have low def att we all play different and ive adjusted my weapons to suit
    of course all the players with big def and att are going to cry now

15. Rob352

Rob352 New Member

In attack load out or defense load out makes no difference for me. Still do the exact same damage. Looking at how this is going, there really is no reason to hit larger bosses and use FP refills on stam for the drops. The loot won't matter much in the long run. If the game was like this 600 days ago, I don't think I would still be playing. It would have bored me to death knowing who I was going to win and lose on before every attack.

16. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

back to skills do not matter !!! pick your mind

17. I don't have high ANYTHING ... my account is pretty well balanced in regards to skills, so YEA, when someone with low att/def attacks me, I DO expect the effort I've put into my personal build to count for SOMETHING other than just sticking points somewhere. As for my stockpile, I have the boss, job and challenge drops as well as the workshop BUILDS and the godfather GIFTS from newsletters. So it's not like I sit back and do nothing

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

you decided on a build, IMO that was a bad way to go, but you can change it if ya want to be a fighter, some just want to do bosses, some just want to play war, some want to be left alone, you would be surprised on how people look at the game differently, but ignoring one skill point area over another is not a good way to build the character.

19. Kirsten

I don't level with anyone either, it sounds real boring to me, I don't do it in any of the games, and now with raids, I don't see many doing it anymore , at all.

20. Kirsten

LOL people shortcutting buying limited, been that way since the mafia wars closed down, guess they played that way there too,