[LCN] PvP Balance Change v2 - October 4th 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

On Monday we released a change to the fight mechanics in LCN. This change was intended to increase the amount that Attack and Defence Skill Points affect your fight strength, in order to bring them in line with how much stronger items have gotten over time and to make PvP more fun and competitive within your fight range.

We’ve received a lot of feedback since Monday, and after analyzing the impact of this change, we believe we went too far too fast in strengthening SP vs. inventory. We also didn’t give people enough warning or a clear enough idea of how this would affect them.

Today we are releasing another change to the fight algorithm that will add weight to your inventory when calculating fight strength, making sure there’s a clear benefit to equipping better items across all level ranges. It will also bring items and Skill Points more in balance, but to a much smaller degree than our initial adjustment.

We still believe that Attack and Defence are underpowered versus inventory strength, and so we plan to scale up the change over time to gradually improve the power of players with high Attack and Defence. However, a slower rollout should give those of you with strong inventories a chance to level up and put SP into those stats. The way the algorithm is designed, items will continue to become more powerful and effective the more SP go into Attack and Defence, making players with inventories formidable opponents whatever their level range.

We don’t want people to feel like their inventories or Skill Points aren’t useful, and it is 100% our responsibility for not scaling SP up to match how items get stronger over time. We will continue to analyze the data and listen to your feedback going forward, and we will learn from this to make sure we improve how we analyze and communicate about potential changes.

We hope you will forgive us for overreaching with this change, and that you understand where we’re coming from as we try to make LCN more fun for all players. Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback with us and who continue to play and support the community — we couldn’t do it without you.

2. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

I guess my change was from me slamming some raids with the fps I have left over from prior to changes. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

Edit: read your statement more, more changes coming so our purchased weapons will ultimately be where they were with the initial change. In other words there would be no reason to purchase any. Just to level and get skill points. Am I understanding that correctly?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Lordzhoul34 likes this.
  3. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks. I think phasing it in is a good approach. Please let us know when it is rolled out. I'd like to see the impact. :)

Lordzhoul34 likes this.
  4. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

It's rolled out. Looks like a marginal bump for skills. I fully understand ppl wanting their skills to be meaningful, hell I want mine to be meaningful too, but if you are going to sell something as a means of being stronger the balance needs to be realistic. Their initial change certainly wasnt. Thank you for being responsible and honoring that fact.

Lordzhoul34, Scoughman and Smack like this.
  5. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@DumbDumb A powerful inventory is always going to make you much more powerful than anyone with the same Skill Point investment you have, and can help compensate to some degree for lower Attack and Defence. If you already have a full inventory of strong items, then buying more will mostly improve your strength versus people who are also buying new items. However, if you switch focus to levelling and earning SP, that inventory will continue to get better and better as you level up and invest in Att+Def, so that as you pass through higher level ranges you will be consistently stronger than most of the players you come up against. The strongest players in the game have both a powerful inventory as well as a high level of SP investment in Att+Def to maximize the impact of those items.

Lordzhoul34 likes this.
  6. Da Beer Truck

Da Beer Truck New Member

you still need skills to win regardless of weapons.

7. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

I understand that, but you have also designed the game to punish ppl for leveling too high with increasingly restricted fighting options. I think you should open up fighting more. My two cents

8. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Ummm. Yea, so better? But still not a slight change. This is versus the same opponent.

upload_2017-10-4_19-44-53.png

9. Omegame

Omegame Member

Is time to really do what you go do because in the past they have done, and KANO makes since that time many changes in the game and forget these, thanks.

10. thank you devs for always looking for ways to improve this game, much respect :)

Kirsten likes this.
  11. ZarakiKenpachi

ZarakiKenpachi New Member

Hey KANO, is there any rules on players harassing you? For ex. I almost got to my 17.5k Survival streak. Until some random player posted my stat on the chat and hit lists me every 2 to 3 days. I understand hitlisting is a way of the game. But it needs to be balanced also. Its pointless if someone can just keep hitlisting you just because they do not want you to achieve something. Or just because they feel like it. The fact that he cannot beat me in a fight and has to hit list me and i am attacked by players 1000 levels higher than me i stand no chance to complete my 17.5k survival achievement. I should not be able to be attacked by players 1000s of levels higher than me. There is no way I can defend myself. Its not even in the honorable hitlist range...

12. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

OK. So how does that work? I need to put more SP in A & D, I'm too heavily weighted on H. So I need to level to get SPs. To put into A & D. Meanwhile, everyone else is leveling, gaining SPs and putting those SPs into A & D. There's then no way to catch up if your current SP allocation isn't heavily skewed to A & D.

Xipe Totec and LuscLadyGreywolf like this.
  13. Hitlist is fair game for the hunters .... lower levels kill higher levels, higher levels kill lower levels .... it's part of the game, and hunters thrive on the bounties

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Ashley227

Ashley227 New Member

This is terrible, I built an account with nothing but health and stamina. I got at least 200k in each category(weapons/armor/vehicles) but now i lose every fight by 150% or more. This was a very stupid change, I think you should let us reset the skill points if you insist on these changes. What good is it to be level 3000 if I have to start working on a new build because you decide to ruin things to cater to a few... I personally don't like getting hit for 200m in BA dying in 3 sec or less but I deal with it I knew what my build would result in, now I'm just useless at hunting,BA,SW,raids and any other things you decide to release.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We are actively exploring way to do just this. It is not as simple as just expanding the fight range because at the highest levels the gap between say #1 and #40 is pretty immense, but anything to expand the # of players that are available to fight is a good thing.

We have a couple of other ideas we are working on as well and will certainly share them with all of you when they are better defined.

DumbDumb likes this.
  16. iggy

iggy New Member

devs rescinded on what they deemed to be right thing to do re attack and defense skills after much consideration. Why? Simple economics is why. He who spends the most wins.

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

being hit listed is not harassing, it is playing the game,if someone can attack you who is 1000 levels above, you would have to open yourself to the, if ya listed, then you are fair game, just play and don't let it bother you and don't be so concerned about stats, cause ya just gonna set yourself up to be disappointed , just have fun. Ignore the higher levels, and do not retaliate, or they will attack till the kill you, and then the window closes :)

Dobby and Kimbella like this.
  18. Kirsten

that was your choice, now ya just have to start focusing on the other areas, it can be done, just gonna take some time, there will be no reset, you chose that build, before raids many were built for one way, we all had to adjust for raids, won't be the first time or the last time, either.....a balanced build is a much better way, to play, then ya ready for anything, IMO

Seppo likes this.
  19. Kirsten

just focus on your weak areas, the idea of catching up, ?? it is not a race, if you play one way, now is time to move in another direction, not a big deal, just decide what your goals will be now, and as I have mentioned elsewhere, a balance build , IMO is a much better way to build an account :)

20. Ashley, you must be a new player .... if you READ the description of every skill listed, you would SEE that attack allows you to do MORE damage per attack and defense LESSENS the damage that you take per attack. While having more stamina is helpful for bosses and hunting, you also need to utilize ALL aspects of the skill you have to use. And you CAN get stronger by CRAFTING in the workshop and concentrate on building your attack and defense skills as you level up. At one time, I was VERY energy heavy, and I have been working on my attack and defense. Now, while not the strongest, I can DEFINITELY leave a mark on someone.

Kirsten likes this.