[LCN] Proposed PvP Balance Changes - Sept. 20 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DYSFUNCTIONAL

DYSFUNCTIONAL New Member

The main issue is , loot stats have steadily increased in strength overtime , giving new players a clear advantage when spending ,compared to those who spent when the game was relatively new ..... On the other hand att and def skill points have always held the same value but with less effect overtime due to the increasing stats of loot items . This clearly disadvantages older players.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Defense is not (or ever was) weighted higher than Attack and I can be completely transparent about that.

If all other things were equal (ie: inventory, mob size, boosts etc) then I would expect you to lose while attacking and win while defending in your example. There is a degree of randomness in attacks but I wouldn't expect it to swing the balance that much. The difference in inventory and loadout is what would affect those outcomes.

FancyPants likes this.
  3. St.James

St.James New Member

You just have to reset the defense attack ratio as it was before, it was more just for everyone

4. Ms Demeaour

Ms Demeaour New Member

Like everything else in life...money talks, the big spenders are the ones who will be listened to.
    Why not just go the whole hog and allow them to buy skills points like they used to in that old defunct game? That would sure get them swiping those cards furiously ;)

BLU 1SE likes this.
  5. BLU 1SE

BLU 1SE New Member

What is the point of having skill points valued the same as loot points, that just makes Attack and defence skill points useless, why put points in them when 1 loot item strips them of any value, this game is just turning into how MW's did, tons of stupidly high energy/stam accounts being used as feeders or levelers, at least with skill points you could choose to grow your account not just buy it. :/

6. FURtive CATamount

FURtive CATamount New Member

Glad to see you are reassessing the PvP interactions with regards to A/D impacts. My experience has not been excellent here given that I invested a lot of effort in helping mobsters with their strong bosses to gain value in loot impact in these interactions (total fight strength from loot). This is essentially gone and players at my level that I beat regularly are trashing me now. Longer term impact will be greatly diminished help for big bosses, less reliance on mob size (hired guns) and focus on solely building A/D skills. Players will target bosses for XP gain instead of loot drops. Not sure if this strategy change is the desired impact you are seeking.

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Coop Bosses have always been something people should focus on , as well as full clan,smart players want the drops and the bigger the boss the more drops , so that is always a good thing :)

8. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

I have no idea how the game works as far as PvP goes. I am not a programmer and certainly not a mathematician. But if I may so boldly try to play math instead of my normal electromechanical . . .

If player "A" attacks player "B" (assume both are the same level), then perhaps we can use the formula:
    Attack = Total Attack Points + 65% of Total Attack of loots (bought or otherwise)
    and conversely, for player "B" who is being attacked it shall be:
    Defense = Total Defense Points+ 65% Of Total Defense of loots (again, bought or otherwise).

Some of us do the hit list instead of the fight list. My reason for not doing the fight list is because it is the same players, day in and day out. It seems to me that it does not change and really, for what is hitting Whacked Mobsters good for anyway? That is the very reason why I fight off the hit list. Of course, you take your chances that you get someone small; unfortunately that is like oh maybe 10% of the number of players you get on the hit list. Not to mention that some are big time bullies. Tap them once and for the next 24 hours you are a better pulp than the pulp you can see at a paper mill. Maybe if there is a little bit of a delay once a player is placed on the hit list before it can be attacked so that the player have a few micro seconds to decide whether to hit or not.

9. Tiny Vile Lyn

Tiny Vile Lyn Member

So we did some comparisons in the lounge. If my total attack and total defense strength are 1.7 mil each, I should not lose to someone who's total attack and total defense strength are 1.2 mil each, however I lost by 38%, both when he attacked and when I attacked. My inventory is useless now, it means nothing.

Mott likes this.
  10. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

MOBWARS SIMPLY ISNT FUN ANYMORE! Raids destroyed the game. Kano turned it all into a spending competition of which very few here will compete with. I've watched a player start less than 300 days ago and is now lvl 10227 and the strongest player in the #2 server. It is nice to see that someone has the free cash to drop $25,000 or more into Kano's account. In 4 to 5 months, he should be the highest lvl in the game as well if he keeps on his currant path. There appears to be about 6 other players that drop serious cash to use raids to elevate quickly. Money spent has eliminated the need to take time and build/compete in this PvP game.

I speak with about 15 players outside of the game and its a pretty strong consensus that most of us are just going to walk away from the game sooner or later. It isnt entertaining, its become more of a daily chore than anything else.

It's totally awesome that Kano has found a way to monetize their hard work, but you have done it in such a way that 90% of your user base feels cheated/mistreated after their years of dedication to your game. I have given kano a few thousand dollars myself, i am a spender over the years so my feelings arnt about "I shouldn't have to spend" to enjoy the game. My negative view is that you let "BIG SPENDERS" ruin the dynamics of the game that I invested years into.

Mott and Kirsten like this.
  11. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

KANO PLEASE EXPLAIN THE BOOST ISSUES:

Your Attack Strength was 29.81% less than your Enemy's Defense Strength using 5% boost from elite bruiser

Your Attack Strength was 12.47% less than your Enemy's Defense Strength using 37.5% full 10 stamina attack with adrenaline boost

10/4/17 @ 15:23 EST (pull up my account logs for the target details)

WHAT EXACTLY IS BOOSTED AND NOT BOOSTED SO I/WE CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND Or is there an issue with the programming?

12. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Lets face it - it has screwed our stats :( this isnt working - I am high att and defence - is not helping me at all. - I dont follow this ?

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We will NEVER sell skill points. Ever. That is something we are very committed to.

Geoff Heretic Wild and Kirsten like this.
  14. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks. Good to know about A & D being equal to each other in determining fight outcomes.

I am not sure what the multiplier is for A & D, I don't agree with others that it should have no multiplier. But whatever the new multiplier is, it is very much higher than it was before.

I just lost to a player with 554 less mobsters, who is fighting with Citroen Grand Picasso which is 44 on defense. 18% of their mobsters are riding around in a Citroen. Compared to my weakest vehicle, Glacial Carrier, which is 91 on offense and is used by only 9% of my mobsters. This is similar across Weapons & Armor inventory.

This player is 40 levels higher than me so perhaps another 200 skill points that they could have put into A & D assuming we're fairly similar on achievements. Yet I lose by over 38%.

upload_2017-10-4_17-5-36.png

So my FPs are useless. I can increase my mob, but by how much? I can't increase it by the loss difference as that would put me over 2000. Not worth it to buy loot (limited, sale, or crates), as I'm already double (at least) in inventory firepower. Can't use FPs to buy Skill Points. So then what? Refills? Yea, used to use them on big bosses to get loot but that won't help with the current fight formula. Use it to level? To get 5 more skill points. OK, won't help me gain ground as we're all leveling and getting SPs.

I get wanting more parity. This doesn't feel like parity (and not just to me, but to those I've chatted with, and seen discussing this in the chats).

I see it as creating an even smaller viable fight list which might lead to more complaints of "bullying" or sitting on players. I don't see it as encouraging players to buy loot or FPs.

#jmo

15. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

That is AWESOME!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

What do you think I don't understand that the stats of the loot 5,6,7 years ago was way lower than the loot they sell today.....If they still had the same stats on loot today as they did back then do you really think anyone would spend money and buy it?? And if this game is still around in 5 years don't you think I know the loot stats i buy today will be less than what will be offered in 5 years......Of course as of right NOW the loot I have bought is probably on worth LESS than what was sold 5 years ago....with Kano's changes LOOT isn't worth _________ <--------fill in the blank :eek: Don't you live in the real world where everything is getting better daily...todays newest gadget is a relic in a matter of months sometimes less .
    Kano won't revel the % of how much greater they manipulated ...I'd be embarrassed to post the numbers too if I were them :)
    Maybe next time I am speeding down the highway I can say to the officer I thought 65mph = 90 :cool:

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We're working on the final adjustment right now but yes we weighted A & D too much with our Monday rollout. What we are working on now will still apply a multiplier to A & D as the effectiveness of these stats has dropped off over time but not to the extent that it will overshadow strong inventory.

Please hang tight, we want to get this adjustment out ASAP but we also want to make sure we have our bases covered.

FancyPants likes this.
  18. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks. It's better to take a few more days to get it right :)

Thanks also for being so responsive and acknowledging players questions and concerns.

19. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

dil.jpg
    So what will the exact multiplier be 1% 3% 5% ...hmmm what percent can we make it that it will appease the non spenders BUT still make limited time loot seem still worth buying...dam that's going to be hard.....looks like being between a rock and a hard place..

Please hang tight, we want to get this adjustment out ASAP but we also want to make sure we have our bases covered.
    bases? or whats the other word that can fit in that sentence ..hmmm

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  20. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Nice to see this will be adjusted, as i mentioned i spent lots on weapons and favour points NOT to be strongest here but to counteract my weak att/deff as i put alot into Health as im after the big punches, and my system worked as im No1 highest punch on Kong Lcn, i have to compete for this title with 2 others who are level 12k+ im level 5k, they at they level have had thousands of levels to build there att/def so im struggling to keep adding skills to health to stay Number one, the way i do this is as i stated buy FPs to refill stam for high bosses and get the big drops and buy big weapons (usually 17fps sales) i was able to beat most in my range this way and many levels above, when the change came out i was loosing badly to ppl i used to thrash which has to be unfair as its made my weapons useless agaisnt there skill def and att allocations,
    so im looking forward to something fairer for ppl in similar situations as me who dont buy to be the strongest but to counter the skills i have in health

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.