[VC] Guild War Prizing Revisions - September 15th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Phew! Lots of feedback on the changes to Guild Wars payouts for the last event. Thank you to all of you for bearing with us and being patient while we rolled out these updates.

First of all, we apologize to those of you who had issues claiming rewards from the event. This was the first time we’ve made substantial changes in quite a long time and there were some unexpected consequences. If you are still missing rewards or have concerns about the payout for the September 1st-5th event, please let us know at http://support.kanoapps.com.

The big news is that this weekend’s Guild War will have expanded prizing to reach more Guilds, particularly those who used to win more often under the old overall prizing.

For the last event, we scaled prizing back to 20% of each guild with a minimum of 6 guilds per division winning rewards. Going forward, we’ll be extending this quite a bit for Division A and to a lesser extent Division B, to help ensure that people who used to win rewards under the old prizing system will still qualify for them. This should help encourage competitive play in the higher tiers while also ensuring that you need to show some hustle to collect rewards.

We’ve also cleaned up a number of bugs and collection problems that came up during the first event, so things should be easier to use and smoother to run this time around. We’d love to hear any feedback you guys have over the weekend, so please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks again for your understanding and for being a part of the Viking Clan community!

Sparrowhawk, Ne0istic and Sean Barlow like this.
  2. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Y'all say you be extending the rewards for Division A, and to a lesser extent Division B. This still is all up in the air, because you are not indicating how the rewards are going to be divided now. Like we do something, but we are not telling you how. Since this is the way it is, I will still recommend my guild KAOS NOT to participate because we still do not know what is going to change and if this is now beneficial for our players.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

As of the time of this writing there are 206 Guilds enrolled so the size of each division is about 41. Here is what the reward structure looks like.

Div A
    [​IMG]

Div B
    [​IMG]

Sparrowhawk and Ne0istic like this.
  4. Ne0istic

Ne0istic New Member

Its really great news, We in a B guild were just missing out on any rewards at all, and now for the first time last war we actually came 8th i think and 38 over all, so bigger incentives for our players to get more involved, So all in all, All at Thorhammer are really happy about this, so thank you :)

susie vella and Smack like this.
  5. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

How is the reward distribution for guilds playing on server 2? In Division A do only guilds ranked 1 through 6 get rewards, or do more guilds in that division get rewards?

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There are only 52 guilds signed up on server 2 so it already has a wider payout range than say server 1 based on small division sizes. However Div A will currently pay till the 7th place. This can change with more or less participants.

[​IMG]

7. susie vella

susie vella New Member

would you consider making the rewards for division B a little more like division A's, quite a few of us in B are struggling with no chance of any reward, even though we are all working hard

Smack likes this.
  8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yes I think we can expand out Division B a little bit more. I'm curious which network you play on.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Um, I thought rewards were suppose to be changed, on FB VC still only rewards for 1-6th place for devision A :confused:

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If you are looking at the rewards for the next event they are based on the current # of Guilds enrolled. Right now there are 54 Guilds enrolled so Div A caps at 7th place. As more sign up you will see this expand.

JADES likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OOP'S was looking at wrong one, up to 33rd, my bad LOL

Scoughman and Smack like this.
  12. susie vella

susie vella New Member

Hi I play on facebook and on server 2, thank you for replying!

Smack likes this.
  13. susie vella

susie vella New Member

That should read I play on facebook and also on server 2, but rewards are not as difficult to achieve on server 2

14. susie vella

susie vella New Member

any news on extending the rewards for B guilds

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hi Susie, yeah Div B will be expanded for tomorrow's event but it won't be reflected until the event itself starts. Given you play both Server 1/FB and Server 2 you are likely not going to notice a different on Server 2 based on the much lower enrollment. These divisions already payout disproportionately higher than Server 1/FB given we guarantee at least 6 prizes per tier.

For server 1, Div B is currently rewarding down to 12th position. With the change it will pay out to about 16-17. This is all dependent on the final # of Guilds enrolled and participating (actually take part in the event) though.

16. susie vella

susie vella New Member

Thats's brilliant thank you!!:)

17. susie vella

susie vella New Member

Brilliant thank you!!

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Our pleasure. Server 2 Div B now rewards out to #16