[LCN] Hitlist Grace Period: Wednesday, August 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric smith

eric smith Member

this I fully understand and I was discussion the negative aspects of the hitlists with randy Jenkins. I play when i come on for about three to five minutes at a time, I get a level or two and set up for leveling the next time. when the hitlists and punches start then i leave my level low and go do something else. If the hitlist continues like it does every day by the same two syndicates with all their members. I'll either out level those I can , then when i start listing them back, they can go cry to their higher ups, sure i'll still be listed and I will take it out on the ones who been listing me while I get higher levels or I will decide the game is not worth the time or the money to put into it and quit the game. so far I am leaning to quitting the game. I don't need the drama or the headaches this is costing and just in the last few days I seen so many also quit or taking along break from the game becuz of alot of problems like this. And those who are leaving are long time and higher levels players than me who are frustrated also and don't find it worth the time or money they already spent. they are mad and they don't see you guys doing much to solve the problems you got right now. anyways I have work to do for a few hours then time to go home and have family time with my kids and my wife. I wish you good luck in trying to solve this type of problem, your gonna have along road to haul doing so

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The only thing that would stop a higher level listing someone in their range , or any range, is the price, some have very high bounty prices or if they are listed 40 plus times, players then let them reset so even players with cheap incomes can afford to list ,

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Half a level's XP, you can't go lower than that or actually lose levels, no matter how many times you're listed.

4. Kirsten

Yeah I kinda remembered but was not exactly sure, I have been put into the negative numerous times, it has never stopped me, if I am in the mood to go head to head, depending if I have the time, If I am going to work, I will usually stay dead till I get home,and the resume trapping the person,

5. eric smith

eric smith Member

I know that and i know also I can get the xp right back also, and one more example, I was level 299 when people started insulting me and calling me someone else's name, as soon as I reached 300 and my protection was dropped.

I was listed and punched every day and every time I tried to heal, It was a repeated listing, every time i tried to heal, plus the punches, and before you say that has been done to you also and everyone else, I already know that.

but to be insulted daily just for saying hi or making errors in typing or spelling for a new player is very frustrating. I worked thru it as soon as I could do raids and got quite a few levels on that first raid.

but the listing doesn't stop and neither do the insults or the punches, so I muted those people like i was told to do, the insults then came private emails so I blocked them.

but for any newbie, why should they put up with that and yes they can be driven to quit the game. so saying no one can be pushed out of a game is false and it doesn't make any sence to me. and if I leave the game, it would be for that very reason.

I see this game dying just like mafia wars did for the same exact reasons. the kano company will try to get new players, but will it equal out the amount of older players leaving every day. I don't think so.

am I willing to stick around to see if it change? I might be willing to do so when i see the game changes to be fair for everyone, just not for the ones doing the bullying or all high levels who enjoy beating up on the low levels.

sure over the years you played you had to put up with a lot of that happening to you also, but things have changed so much since those days of leveling and it has nothing to do with skill, time or how you play, it has to do with how much you are willing to spend so you can bully or beat on those who cannot spend the same amount of money. and that's the facts of the game as it is now.

look at gifts and crafting, no new gifts for years from what I have read, and not a lot of new crafting either that anyone can use. by the time they get to higher craft items, they are already out of date becuz of the limited items sales. and nothing about this game has anything to do with how thick skinned a person is or isn't. so have a nice day, I got other things outside of the game to do. good night everyone

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

The exact amount can lose via bounties varies upon if have just leveled or about to level

For example sakes let's say it takes you 100k exp to level
    • If have 1/100k exp= 10 listings is max exp will lose
    • If have 99.9k/100k exp=30 bounties will lose exp ON ALL
    • Sure if accrue more exp during getting listed, will lose more, but that's the basic #'s

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's true. This doesn't happen to me a lot, but it has happened to me more than once at various progress to the next level. I've always gone into negative XP no more than half of what I needed for the current level. Of course, if you're close to leveling up, that's like losing almost a level and a half of XP.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct Jared, 1 1/2 levels max, exp stops dropping only when hit the -1/2, but yes it's correct.

9. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

listing is the icing on the cake to push the people away but the problem is your game is unbalanced.

10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

as soon as you go back up in xp it can drop again, there is no real limit only can be negative 1/2 lvl in xp you can go up and go right back to the negative again. Even after the 1 1/2 lvls lost

11. Kirsten

new gifts?? gifts are for crating, nothing else, there are memorial gifts for players who have died, but they are just sentimental, new gifts are not needed, we have what we need to craft with, crafting might be a different issue, but if they mess with crafting it might not be for our good, as many of 'their' ideas, because, Kano does not play the games. LCN Mafia wars was changed with the influx of Giant ex mafia wars , over a year ago, by players who can spend like nothing I have ever seen in the years I have played the 4 games, and 2 game 4 years before kano,they were ' zynga' games , these new players have pretty much taken over LCN they had full clan in three months , leveled to where , many long time players are , etc, just glad it is not my main game, ............

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  12. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@Sir Opinion Alot I hope I've made it clear that we realize this is a problem and we're working to solve it. There's issues that are important to longer time players and issues that matter to newer folks and we are working on approaching both at the same time.

@Kirsten We play on our test servers so we don't affect the games, and we are stepping up our participation on a degree on the live ones, but there's a reason we come to you for input and I hope this week has shown that we're here to listen and make changes. If we decided to look at crafting changes they wouldn't be rolled out until you guys get a chance to look them over first. Ultimately no matter how much we play it's not going to be the same as the experience of long-time folks like you guys and we'll always need your feedback.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

I'm going to lock the thread at this point as I think we've covered enough ground when it comes to this specific change. We're working on alterations to this concept to help address some of the points you've brought up, and when we have a more concrete spec for that I'll get back to you. Thanks for all your input and feedback! We really appreciate it and I'm glad we could get a chance to hear you before we rolled out a change that we could've ended up regretting.

Sir Opinion Alot and Kirsten like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.