[LCN] Hitlist Grace Period: Wednesday, August 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

there is nothing wrong with fighting together but a hard core player doesn't need to ask for help or even want to

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

9 out of 10 times someone becomes a target by being a dick in the tavern or chat, male or female makes no difference, then there is the fact that many play more than one game, and cross gaming then comes into play, someone messes with someone in LCN and the one who is targeted is a stronger player in another game both play, and Kabooom lol there are so many reasons, and if someone wants to give up a game, cause they cannot fight even their own range, or get listed alot, the maybe these types of games are not for them, I know many that play it like a non PVP game, I know others that level with someone taking turns, they also are not fighters for the most part, but no on can make anyone quit, unless you decide to quit, it is on that person, and to ask for the games to be changed cause a person is not happy , is not fair to the majority who have played for years and risen above being targets, everyone has gone thru it, only the strong survive :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    JADES likes this.
  3. Randy Jenkins

if your attack or listed to the point you can't play I am pretty sure the person that is attacking or listing is the reason the player quits and I don't blame them no point in even logging in if you know when you heal the attacks or lists are going to start. Being hitlisted repeatedly doesn't mean you can't fight their is the option of rigging but as a lower level player cash is a little hard to come by and the player might have rigged as much as they can with the cash they have made. I do agree with you on the fact that some players cause the chaining because of what they said in the chats. I am not asking for the change because I am not happy I have seen so many players leaving the game because they are being chained. Everyone wants better loot or kano to update the loot and the crafting but if Kano is going to continue to lose player who was spending money on the game how do players expect these changes to be made it takes money for kano to make changes and when they're losing money with so many players quitting something needs to be done to get players interested in the game again given these players some leeway to do some jobs gain some xp without constantly being listed I don't think a minute is too much to ask just like I don't think it is too much to ask that during this minute the player can set up a rig on the player or some players asking to upgrade loot and crafting items . The way I see it I spend money on the game I am doing my part to support Kano so Shouldn't I have a right to ask for what I feel is an improvement in the game. I could suggest that Kano lower the limit on how many hits justify the protection. Most players that are being as you say a dick in the chat normally see more than one player listing them which they deserve they would still be entitled to the same protection on one player. But we're not talking about these types of players were talking about the players that have done nothing and just because they're cheap to list there chained until there hit cost is high then 24 hours later there chained again. beng list for the most part is a good deal it raises you hit cost and allows lower level players time to build up their cash so they can increase the base hit cost but there is a limit on how many hits is a good deal 20-50 lists on a player that has done nothing and at lower levels where it really easy to be taken to negative numbers tends to make them think what is the point I just used all my energy and most of my stamina and what did I do to deserve losing all my xp . The first few times this happens it might not be so bad but when it happens every time there hit cost rests to there base I can see a player saying the hell with this and they leave the game. Then the player finds another cheap player to list the same way and they drive them off the game.You do not see this as a problem ?

eric smith likes this.
  4. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

here's a news flash for you....... you can be dead, and still do raids. DUH. don't heal, stay dead, do your raids, and stop whining.,

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  5. Randy Jenkins

if you're doing a raid and during raids players tend to level each time they level the get health from being listed there health is take to 0 leveling brings the health up to where the player is in the hospital which opens them back up for another hit I don't see how this person is whining he was stating a fact maybe you should check your facts

6. eric smith

eric smith Member

I was staying dead, it automatic rehealed when i leveled off the raids. I was not whining about it,just giving a example that you can be chain listed while doing raids. it didn't stop me from leveling and I put my health down as low as I could, so when they listed me again, only one person got the bounty without a dozen or so attacking. I always wondered why when someone gives a example of what can happen during a discussion, people always call them whiners.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

8. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Haters gonna hate and whiners gonna whine; just the way of the world. If you are getting listed as soon as you are healed then you must have really pissed someone off. If this is happening during raids as I think I read so you have to click a few extra times on the raid to get back the XP you lost by getting killed. It really is a very small percentage of your XP to level you lose when getting killed. I just don't understand why everyone thinks it is the end of the world.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

I can see someone feeling it is a problem , but if you think others don't have this happen to them and they carry on, it is still each person's choice, I am listed over and over at times, for weeks on end by this one or that one, or whole, guilds , armadas, syndicates and factions and I have played these games (4) for many years , some for 6 years, so no, it is not a problem , I decided I would change my perspective and not be a victim, I might be a target, but not a victim, and it has NOT, stopped me from leveling, and getting stronger, and at many times , more than I can count, turned the tables, my advice , learn the game, don't heat when this one or that one is listing, and soldier on.

10. Kirsten

totally agree 100 %

11. Kirsten

when you level stop for a moment, get your health down on a coop boss, , easy peasy, there are so many ways to not let this stop your game, my point being since there are many ways, there is no need for Kano to come on and change things so that now Everyone is affected cause a few complained, I hate the ' squeaky wheel' .

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't really care. Now I'm seeing how high I can get my list cost up to.

13. eric smith

eric smith Member

I believe I already state in earlier posts that I said I took down my health after each time I leveled in the raids. But thanks for the info anyways. but after dealing with the ones I mainly were talking about in mafia wars that came here also for several years before coming here. I'm only giving examples of what's going on. but to me, any changes should be given a chance to play out either good or bad, they can always be taken out of the game and changed back if they don't work and I believe the topic was on suggestions to what to change or add, also good or bad. no reason for anyone to insult anyone else in here for stating their opinion, like some do now and then.

14. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

I appreciate the discussion happening here but please keep it civil. I can understand being upset or frustrated by proposed changes but different players play differently and having different taste in what you like is no reason to insult someone. Let's keep it positive and non-personal, we all have the same goal of making the game more fun.

15. eric smith

eric smith Member

nope, at first when they started listing me I did nothing or said anything to them.

I made a few errors typing, and i guess I looked like someone else's typing, so they started insulting me and calling me someone else's name, and still do from what I heard. I don know cuz I muted all of them that were doing so. after about a week of trying to explain I was not who they thought I was, I got tired of it and threw the insults back for a few days. I then muted all of them and now only say hi to those who are friendly or play nice. I quiet listening to their drama in the chat rooms. I don't have time for their head games, and rather spend time with my wife and kids after work then waste a lot of time on here like they do.

16. eric smith

eric smith Member

I never said no one else is not having this problem, I see it everyday the short time i am online. I just gave those as examples, its no big deal but the person i was talking to at the time of the examples wanted to know why and what happened and suggested different ways to get around it. I appreciate your information from everyone, a lot of it I already knew. enjoy your game as I will mine, but i think enough has been said already about this.

17. eric smith

eric smith Member

well before I stop healing or doing raids, it was anywhere from ten to fifty within about five minutes for me, i consider anything over five within a few minutes to be chain listing.but I have seen others get hundreds or even close to a thousand within around half a hour or hour or so.

18. eric smith

eric smith Member

ive played mafia wars since it began, when it closed, I took some time off from the games, then I came here a short time ago, but I researched the game, watched for a few days to see what was going on, I've read thru hundreds of different messages in the game. and I have played hundreds of other fighting games. this game is not that different from others, that I have played. I may not have years of playing it but I am fully up to date on all the changes and what is happening here.

19. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@eric smith & @JADES - this was one of my biggest questions as well. We see the # of lists in a row rise quite quickly the closer players get in level, which makes sense — this is where you get the most XP. However the number of lists happening outside that range is tricky, because in so many cases players simply stay dead or stop playing to avoid being listed more than 10-15 times. When a player quits the game in frustration we can try and survey them or analyze their gameplay, but there's rarely a smoking gun showing that the player quit specifically because they were being listed. What I am hoping with proposed changes to this feature is that we'll see the # of concurrent lists go UP in all level ranges, because players will play for longer and have a better time in-game when they can still do their daily GP and not lose too much XP while being chained.

eric smith likes this.
  20. Kirsten

you can only lose a certain amount of XP when listed over and over, I know Jades knows the exact numbers, but once you hit that plateau you can be listed on and on and lose no more, and with one challenge or calendar box or a raid you can get that XP back right away, and as we the higher level players know it is NO big deal, even losing it being trapped is no deal, it stops no one from playing cause if it did I would have had to stop PC 6 years ago or VC 5 years ago or LCN 4 years ago as well as ZS, these games are for the thick skinned, simple as that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.