TGIF! Development News August 18 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the end of another week and thus another TGIF!

It’s been a big week for forum announcements, and I have to say I am really excited and happy to see so many of you commenting and sharing your opinions. I hope we can keep up the frequent updates and keep communicating with you about changes to improve the games.

To recap a bit, we have delayed the rollout of a hitlist delay for LCN after hearing a lot of concerns from players who love chainlisting and rigging. We are looking at alternate solutions to allow this to continue while still protecting those who aren’t as into these features.

September schedule changes have been clarified a bit for each game, and we are working on a solution to avoid running Battle Arenas at the same time for multiple games; stay tuned. Here are the threads for each game for your review:
    LCN http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/september-event-schedule-changes.34157/page-2#post-181423
    PC http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/september-event-schedule-changes.34156/#post-181479
    VC http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/september-event-schedule-changes.34155/page-2#post-181489
    ZS http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/september-event-schedule-changes.34158/#post-181502

Onto new news! First of all, we know there have been some delays with answering tickets lately. @Dobby is working his butt off answering as quick as he can, and meanwhile we are hiring some backup for the Support department to help him out. @mi7ch and I will be jumping in on tickets next week to help patch things over while the new hires get trained up. Kano is still a growing company and we’re excited to bring on these new folks in Support, as well as hiring for other dev and management positions, so we can keep improving and maintaining the games for a long, long time.

In-Game Balance — one of the biggest concerns we’ve heard about this week is the mismatch in strength between long-time players with lots of points in Attack and Defense, versus newer players who’ve levelled via Raids and built very strong inventories. Some of you may remember my pet project, Bulk Crafting, that we put a bunch of work into a while back. We decided not to move on this at the time because at the end of the day it was still a bandaid on the larger problem, and we were worried we’d have to do it again at some point in the future.

Right now we’re re-evaluating our PvP formulas and looking at how Att/Def stats and level affect those; any changes to these features we will share in detail before they go out. We’re also looking at ways to offer more free items to help people improve their inventories and make better use of their skill point modifiers. I don’t have an estimate of when this might be ready for review, much less added to the game, but we will keep you posted.

Changing up sales — we’ve heard quite a few requests for revamped sales with more interesting items on offer. Next week you should see an all-new Limited package for a price never seen before… Nothing cutting-edge, but a great deal on items to help improve your middle-range inventory. This is just a taste of the options available; you should see more bundles come out later once more important balance fixes have been made.

Achievements — we have a list of achievement tiers for LCN we feel good about, and are ready to add them to the game as early as the end of next week. We do want to share these with you before locking them in, so keep your eyes peeled to the forums and give us your input when we post them in the LCN area. Achievements for the other games will follow soon afterwards.

Boss Drop Crafting Update — We've made some minor adjustments to when Elite and Legendary (or Optimal) crafting recipes are unlocked for Co-op Bosses in PC, VC and LCN (World Bosses are exempt from this).

Elite recipes have been lowered to the access level for the Boss that drops the item
    Legendary recipes have been lowered to where the Elite recipes were previously set

This means that you will be able to upgrade your Boss drop items sooner than you were able to previously. This is a player suggested idea, so make sure to visit that thread (http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/blacksmithing.32543/) and give it some props.

Last but not least, the bad joke of the week. You’ll have to excuse me if you’ve heard this one already, but Mitch is out today…

What do you call someone who’s lost their whole body except their nose?
    Nobody nose!

2. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

omg , i'm going senile . i missed those damn jokes .

3. eric smith

eric smith Member

these changes are all good ideals. but as its been stated before in crafting and gifts. are you going to reuse old gifts a lot more that are out of date and we got lots in our inventories or are you going to make more useless gifts to craft with. I think we've had enough changes on the limited items that are for sale. we would like more changes to the gift items since its been several years that you have added any new gifts with higher att/def stats to them to match the crafting that no one has done a lot of lately. I read one good ideal about using all four slots to craft newer higher gear, where you can use more of the older gift items already designed to create new gear. we want new items that we can craft that match or at least are new att/def levels of the limited items. that's the only way lower levels can at least get some protection on gear compared to higher levels, another good ideal I read about awhile back was to lift the limits of lower craft gears to match what could be bought with the limits gear. it would at least give us lower levels more of a chance to survive in actual fights.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  4. Dallyman

Dallyman New Member

I think that crafting in the workshop is a waste of money as the values are so low at all levels. At the moment i'm in PRAGUE & there is nothing there for me. In fact only items from TANGIER & above Bosses add to my attack / defense & a very few from the WORLD Bosses are of value.

eric smith likes this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Hold up one second, I brought something of this nature up (in private messages) last week and was told it's way the formulas work. I'm trying to help out with this, but felt like got the dumbest answer could ever get. Maybe with new test sent in today it will be looked at again a lot closer, but who knows these days :confused:

Kirsten and eric smith like this.
  6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

revamping PVP. I am worried, since again , you guys do not play the game, sheeeesh , so should I not add anything to attack or defense anymore in case you guys screw it all up, I mean why fix something that is not broke, you gave us raids, which unbalanced the game, like nothing I have seen yet, even more than people who spent hours, ( not me) leveling with each other by attacking each other 5k times a day, that was lame enough, raids took that and ran with it, I just give up, we ask for things, and get things you guys want, and ya don't even play, just unreal

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I don't remember this idea off top of my head, got a link so can review the conversation?

8. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

in pirate clan since you are looking at the battles and how to adjust them, i dont feel anything major or a complete overhaul of the way it works is a good thing but one change that i feel should be necessary is putting ships above the mateys. The reason is because ships a person is only aloud to have 2k rather then the standard 20k that weapons and mateys has. Ships stats over the years have become minuscule compared to the proportions to what they use to be and with them at the bottom i havent felt as though they make much of a difference during battles.

9. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Why don't you think about adjusting the raid end drop same as the tiers? EX: Level 1 - 5400 Att 100 def 100 Lvl 5400 - 11400 Att 200 Def 200 and Lvl 11400 on Att 300 Def 300 the game is already unbalanced since raids were introduced but, touching the formula of how we add skill points will surely kill the game.
    After all it will be the same formula as how it worked on coop bosses, i mean when we were lvl 6k we had the Heidmallars, when you reach lvl 11k they automatically become obsolete, as Marauderes will be better and slowly you will not need Heidmallars any more, same formula should be in place for Raid drops..

Deblovscats1, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  10. eric smith

eric smith Member

would that not make it so lower levels could not get high gear becuz of gear being set for each level? if there was no way of getting the highest levels why would one want to waste fb points on the raids, you would want a good prize besides of xp points and money or it's a waste of time doing them.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  11. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

It will not take you long if you use FB points to level up fast, the game is not like before, a battle game, but just a boss game. You know how much points we used to get 20k warriors from a boss before? we all were small levels, and most of the big ones all spent FB points, and btw as i said, we all spent to get drops from bosses that today we don't use.

Kirsten and eric smith like this.
  12. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

I have to ask!!!! And yup is early in my morning and i maybe will look dam stupid :))))))))))))))))) but shall you again lower things i already have to maybe low lvl players stronger?????? If i do read that right so shall you low elites and legendary????
    """"Elite recipes have been lowered to the access level for the Boss that drops the item
    Legendary recipes have been lowered to where the Elite recipes were previously set""""
    I have play this dam game for 8 years.... so shall what i have work for get less worth now?

13. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

ffs kano get rid of raids, get people fighting each other again like old days leave crafting alone. stop thinking about your wallet and get a grip

Deblovscats1, Kirsten and WOADLORD like this.
  14. eric smith

eric smith Member

yes I know today its a cash game , if you don't have cash to spend, you don't level very fast.

15. eric smith

eric smith Member

I don't think they will get less worth, I think they will be lowering the level limits so when you get to that boss city, you still be able to get them. maybe the city before that, not sure either. but what I understand they will stay the same stats on att/def

16. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

And I was just ranting about how a whole bunch of my elite and optimal in my spreadsheet were wrong. I thought someone had changed them on me. They did. KANO. lol

17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

if you are active youll be able to save between 175-250 fp per month then during raids if you choose to participate can gain upwards of 500 lvls or more. currently a lvl 17.5k and am a f2p player. i have done offers for fp(overall throughout PC career has probably totaled out to a couple hundred if that, not much at all and all done by free offers)

as for the elites and legendaries it is just the lvl requirement for crafting lowered. The elites can now be crafted upon entry to the location and legendaries ~1/2 way through. This was to allow people that dont lvl fast the chance to, if they have a surplus of drops, craft them up a tier. Overall this is going to affect a very small percentage of players and the amount of strength gained by them crafting up is less then a single percent given they have 2k caps and full items brought to battle that are drops corresponding to their respective lvl.

Scoughman likes this.
  18. "one of the biggest concerns we’ve heard about this week is the mismatch in strength between long-time players with lots of points in Attack and Defense, versus newer players who’ve levelled via Raids and built very strong inventories."
    -> maybe the other way around lol. Older players have mainly stronger clan power cause they had time to gather it through the long time spent in the game and not having a leveling ramp like raids. Raid levelers usually are not concerned in putting points in many other skills but attack and defense because they don't have any more barriers to level up.

On another note though is basically how smart and flexible do both old and new players build their clans. High level old players are the only one that are affected because they used their skills in other areas... but having a lot of energy and stamina helps out with raids if you spend your time more into the game so can compensate the lack of skill through clan power to a point and also can help out putting gap to lower levels that raid up because of the high resources and of course since raid event started it is expected of them to have thought to focus mainly on skills they lack compared to raid levelers like attack and defense.
    Of course this is only theoretically. Practically the ones that spend more in this game can cover level gaps from those with more resources, but i guess it's expected giving that it is a p2w game.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

totally get rid of raids , they have killed the games, we do them to stay relevant but we could have done without them :(

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  20. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the lame joke! :) How about instead of lowering when elite & legendary can be crafted, you raise the attack & defense on the ships to be crafted, not to mention adenture ship drops. Neil may have said something of this sort above... Most of the time my ship fleet already has better attack & defense than what the new pickings are providing.