Blacksmithing

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by JADES, Jul 11, 2017.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've tried several times to get this looked at, but let's hash it out once again (Smack a reply would be nice :p)
    • Numerous bosses have been introduced since original crafting levels were set up.
    • With the new bosses, items are becoming more and more obsolete because crafting levels have stayed the same.

My real question here is, why are we restricted on making something elite or legendary if choose to so? Every single boss I have acquired lately, I'm pretty much maxed out and have no option to elite for thousands of levels.(we can leave out legendary for this part)
    • How about "if own the boss" have the ability to atleast elite the items?
    • Will this get worse in time, of course it will.

As for legendary make them available in crafting maybe 500 levels after "own the boss" or just pull all restrictions away. Go with "if own it" and choose to do so=can make it.

All in all-numerous bosses have been introduced with no thought on the level restriction on crafting.
    The curve of blacksmithing needs to be changed

Don't forget to vote top right (star rating)

2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I agree with Jade. A review is in order. Its almost like you are shocked by the levels that people are attaining and have not adjusted accordingly

JADES likes this.
  3. elrusso08

elrusso08 Member

KMA And Comunity:D

Everything is based on the level you have. In each number of levels there are a series of automatic unlocks:p. What you mean is simple but stupid since: You cannot update something that you cannot use in the present:).

All the new bosses that Kano develops go through a series of meticulous revisions that I doubt very much they do not think in things like those that you ASK HERE.:confused:

Simple: You can not unlock something that is out of your range:p

DeanTheGreat likes this.
  4. theInternet

theInternet New Member

Jade, I have absolutely no idea of what you speak. But at least you do. elrusso has absolutely no idea of what he speaks :)

DeanTheGreat likes this.
  5. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

did you join timmy's school by mistake?

6. Suzie

Suzie Member

Well stated, Jade. There is some serious attention needed within the blacksmithing, period.

JADES likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Either you didn't read fully or have no clue, I never asked for something "out of range" I said in simpleton terms review crafting levels due to new bosses.

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Ugh. Yet ANOTHER smithing post. That guy that had it in his forum signature must have already quit, because I haven't seen it in a while. Doesn't that give everyone a clue as to when this will be improved?

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Jades. This slipped under my radar but Mi7ch pointed it out to me.

I think I understand what you are saying but let me try to clarify and let me know if I am on the right track. For the sake of argument lets say you are level 500 and the boss drops came from someone in a later location at level 5000.

Is the issue that the Elite/Legendary Unlock level is above your own, therefore you cannot make better use of all of these drops you have collected?

If that is the case the answer I can give you is that when the Crafting system was designed it was built to allow access to better/stronger recipes the further along in the game you are. Having said that it was initially designed to craft mainly quest drops which you could only earn by being at the level of the drop itself. Bosses are a different animal given a lower level player can get access to the drops on bosses much further along in the game than they are which leads us to your predicament.

Let me know if that is in fact the issue you are having and it is something I am certainly open to discussing with the team as we are always looking to keep older core features relevant.

JADES likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for a level 500 to have ability to elite a boss drop from a level 5k boss, what I'm saying is that with all the new bosses by the time you own your own boss of that caliber, your pretty much maxed out already with the random boss drops. The ability to elite them is 1-2k later. What I'm asking for is if own the boss yourself, you have the immediate option to elite them as well (like a adventure drop/Boss Challenger Reward) and lower the legendary level significantly.

Example: Currently I'm 89 levels away from opening new location Salish Sea (Unlocked at Level 14300)
    • Random boss drops weapon being Star Tooth 127/127 weapon
    • Currently I only need 782 more for attack/3851 for defense which when drop rate increases will have the ~4k in a month or so
    • Then, I will be waiting until level 16k when can finally elite them
    • Not sure if you know how long it takes to obtain 1700 levels, but by time get there other boss drops will make these most likely obsolete as well

Example #2 My latest boss is Marauder Fleet
    • Netcaster Owned: 23,594 (I actually was under 1k maxed using this item before even owning it myself)
    • Currently used http://imgur.com/a/QtM3H yet can elite them until level 15k (789 levels away, again a long time to make unused useful)

Original design was fine, but with influx of all the new bosses (different animal as you said) it's creating a problem actually being able to use "excess items" by the time acquiring the boss for "yourself".. New bosses were introduced, but crafting issues were never addressed via influx of the new bosses.

My suggestion is if own the boss, have the immediate option to elite the random drops (same as adventure or boss rewards) and drop the legendary level's to ~500-1k levels after owning them.

11. Suzie

Suzie Member

Well stated and explained, Jade! Agreed!

JADES likes this.
  12. Hello! Some of what Jades is stating is part of the problem. We have players who have, at a lower level, reached a minimum employment value for their weapons and warriors that exceeds the value of what is accessible to them. Their player therefore is forced to stagnate waiting to get to the level at which they can upgrade. But the problem is perpetuated as those with access to the coop bosses have shared with friends and guildies, who now have in stock yet more items accrued and waiting. I am at the Moose and the drop is the bone Cudgel 150/150. Well gosh, my weapons minimum employed value at the time you made this available made the base values for employment obsolete. I am at 153/151 and we just got this coop boss and I am a level 21454. So I have to make elites just so that they can be employed at a value of 200/172. If you had someone , and you will be accruing these as we have at the top, they are useless as we earn them.

We all know that no self respecting player would upgrade these items prior to their becoming unemployed or obsolete in their inventory. But when the game started, that option was there for us all to make and mess up. A live and learn thing. If we are allowing the lower levels access to the coop boss drops, then they ought to be able to upgrade them, and perhaps a couple worlds prior to them being able to have access to the boss themselves.

The dynamic here is forcing the purchase of the special items and crates, as they are the only items that will propel the player's strength forward. And yes, that is the idea, BUT , not a requirement for the game. You therefore must make some kind of equalizer at some point that is a pay off to the player who can not afford your shiney new items every time you put one out. They need to remain competitive for this game to have a forward progression and survive.

Now another thought would be...we never really threw those items away as we had no idea what you the developers had in mind. Well how about using some resources wisely and recycling some of those obsolete items that were crafted into a newer super craft that might cause the players to actually stay in their own worlds and do some adventures and crafting and beef up on what you originally intended. Create a contest to see what original ideas folks can invent - BUT- make the employment value worthy of the upper values and only available once the item has been crafted and they achieve a certain level of employment or level in the game. It should be restricted. And use of items limited against other players of a certain level to keep it fair to the lower levels. Make a progression- we all know this is all about force- but where's the finesse?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    JADES likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agree with everything but this

Kirsten likes this.
  14. I am not saying that a level 500 should get a level 5K boss and have the upgrade rites at that time. BUT say the upgrade rites come at level 6500....why wait til then? why not give access at 4K? The level 5K already has inventory sitting and needs to be able to use them for a minimal amount of time prior to being retired for months of waiting.

15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

I agree to once unlocking a location elites and legendaries should be given access to craft. What i dont agree with is if a person is not in that location they should not be aloud to craft the item up since this would lead to balancing issues long term for those who would sit at a low lvl but farm the high tier drops.

Marion Flying Dragon and JADES like this.
  16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you all for the constructive feedback and in particular Jades, thanks for talking me through your thought process on this.

There are a lot of ideas floating around here but what I am hearing as the main issue is this:
    • Once you are at the level to unlock a boss on your own you should be able to craft those drops into Elites/Legendaries and not have to wait numerous more levels.
    I am going to bring this back to the team for discussion so I can't make any promises right now but this seems reasonable. Perhaps we could start by opening up Elites and lowering the level jump for Legendaries, or perhaps we just open it right up for both Elite and Legendary items once you unlock the boss.

Having said that lets just forget I ever suggested a level 500 could upgrade to elite/legendary for a level 5000 boss. In hindsight and with some of the examples above I realize this is a terrible idea. :D

HJM, JADES and Terror of The Scioto like this.
  17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

If legendaries were the only one with a lvl gap i think would do good. I would suggest roughly halfway through the location or around there then the elites unlock upon location unlock. That would keep balance and still enable people to make use of all their drops. By the time they would unlock legendary crafting they will more then likely not be done crafting elites but for those wanting to get rid of their elites have the option to do so.

Terror of The Scioto and Smack like this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yes, glad on same page, this should fix all of crafting issues ;) atleast in VC that is...
    I'm sure some experienced players in the other 3 games can chime in say will help for them or not.

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Any feedback? ;)

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Not yet. I have discussed this with the team but I don't have anything to report right now. We need to spend some time looking at balancing before we pull the trigger on this.

JADES likes this.