[VC] gift cards not being recognised by Kano?anyone else had this problem?

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by donna williams, Jul 12, 2017.

?

why was a gift card not recognised by Kano?

1. any answers to why a gift card not recognised by Kano?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. gift card not being accepted in the game?any clues?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. donna williams

donna williams New Member

purchased a facebook game card..paid in cash..game will not recognise card..bought another one at a different outlet..paid cash again..would notrecognise that gift card either??

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Donna. What is the error you are receiving when you try to use the Facebook Gift Card? The redemption of these cards is handled by Facebook themselves so you will want to bring this issue up with them directly.

donna williams likes this.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I have a friend that plays on kanoplay2 that had this same problem trying to use a gift card, they sent in a ticket and the answer was? Kano has nothing to do with this contact facebook - facebook has nothing to do with kanoplay2 does it? I had the same problem on kong, the sale on favor points for half price, clicked on sale and the next page did not have the option - 275 f/p's for $ 25.00, 2nd page said 275 f/p's for $ 50.00, thanks for the sale kano but next time make sure you update...................

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Lucifer, I appreciate your frustration but you are hijacking Donna's post. However I will touch on a couple of your points.

Kanoplay 2
    You are correct Kanoplay Server 2 has nothing to do with Facebook. I do not know the specifics of what kind of gift card your friend was trying to use but we use Super Rewards as one of our payment processors and they accept some Gift Cards as a form of payment. Given they are a 3rd party any issues with gift card redemption would have to be handled by them but typically our Support team will assist in pointing a player in the right direction if they have been provided with enough information.

Kong Sale FP
    When did this occur? From the first time you see the 50% offer you have a number of hours to take advantage of the deal. It is possible that the "window" closed however you should see the offer again in the near future. When you say you "clicked on the sale", did you purchase FP at that time? If so this will certainly "close" the sale window, however if you did not make a purchase I would expect the 50% off offer to still be available when you got to the "2nd page". If you can PM me your User ID and what game you play (VC?) I will be happy to take a quick look at your account.

5. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

gift cards not being recognized by Kano?anyone else had this problem? <------------- sorry for hijacking the post, was just going by title of thread and my friend did send in a ticket and the answer from kano was contact facebook even tho my friend plays on kanoplay2 .........Kong sale fp? showed up in orange saying 275 fp for $25 but when I clicked on it? the $25 went away and said 275fp cost $ 50, I got the fp on sale for $25 but had to click on the $20 and go back & go thru process again & click on $5 to purchases, it would not purchases in 1 step, hope you understand now, hard to explain any other way...

• $5 50 KREDS
    • $20 200 KREDS+25BONUS KREDS
    • $50 500 KREDS+65BONUS KREDS
    • $100 1000 KREDS+150BONUS KREDS
    • $250 2500 KREDS+400BONUS KREDS
    • As you can see there is no $25 option

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  6. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hey Donna! A couple of people wrote in this morning to support about this too.

I checked Facebooks help docs and came up with the following articles that might help you:

How do I redeem my Facebook Game Card?
    https://www.facebook.com/help/210241279016563/

How can I use my Facebook account balance to purchase items for Facebook Games?
    https://www.facebook.com/help/319568578079310?helpref=faq_content

I'm not sure if they changed how the process works in the last day or something like that, but hopefully those help :)

7. SparkleMotion

560 Favor Points for 1,000 Kreds +60 Bonus Favor Points
    275 Favor Points for 500 Kreds Now only 250 Kreds!
    105 Favor Points for 200 Kreds Now only 100 Kreds!
    50 Favor Points for 100 Kreds Now only 50 Kreds!

25 Favor Points for 50 Kreds
    5 Favor Points for 10 Kreds

The three FP price points I've highlighted in orange are on a temporary sale for me that looks like it lasts about 8 hours from the time I sign in. On Kong you don't make FP purchases using money so the chart you've posted doesn't apply to Kano. It looks like you're posting something from Kongregate where they offer different packs of Kreds for different prices, that's something they would handle. We have a sale of 275 FP that will come up periodically for $25 but Kongregate won't offer the same sales on Kreds that we do on FP.

8. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I understand what you're saying but the same thing goes for kanoplay2, if you use a gift card trying to get the sale? the next page that pops up says you can buy for $50, when it should have the $25 option, in other words? if you buy the fp sale with a credit card you have no problem it seems but if you try & use a gift card when the sale of $25 is going on? you can't, why is this so hard to understand? I'm sure me and a few of my friends is not the only one's this happened to, kano does not have a $25 buying option when it goes to next page...........

All I'm saying is? next time you have that sale? make sure you update all the way thru the buying process so people can buy it

9. SparkleMotion

Hey Lucifer, sorry I misunderstood. If you check out the payment page on KP2 it clearly states " More Payment Options NOTE: Discounts above do NOT apply to the options below."

Not all payment options allow us to offer the same deals, as quite often these other payment options (paypal, gift cards, mobile etc.) have other fees and charges that come along with them. It's unfortunately not something we have a ton of control over, as we don't actually process the payments ourselves, we use superrewards on KP2 as Smack mentioned above.

10. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Understandable but still it seems like when you have that sale for $25 going on? when you go thru the payment process the $25 option should be on every page that pops up instead of the $50 popping up for the same amount of fp on sale, but I do understand all that has been said here lol - Have a fantastic day!

11. donna williams

donna williams New Member

ever time i put the pin code in..it said pin entered incorrect and would not accept it..had a card each for vikings & pirates..received the same message every time i tried to use the pin on the card,in all the years i have played..this has never occurred before..

12. SparkleMotion

Can you take a screenshot of the error that you're receiving? That will help us to pin point this issue :)