Blacksmith receipes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeEoftheMountains, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Anybody have any clue on some of the hidden ones? Anyone even have a start that the rest of us could try to help with?

LeE OTM

2. ShellbackMike

ShellbackMike New Member

No I dont. I tried some combos....seems kind of difficult not knowing how many items are needed to complete any. I noticed some take 2, 3, or 4 items to complete. I wonder if they will tell us how many we need, as it would help some. Even if you know the amount of Items needed there is still thousands of combos to try.

3. I have 140 different weapons I could use to make a receipe. 140! is 1.346^241

Now I'm sure if I busted out my stastics book I could get this number even higher because that is just putting 2 of the items together. There is almost no way to randomly figure out the receipes. If you can, you should really play the lottery rather than finding out a secret receipe. We need hints :)

Love the game

LeE OTM

4. but there is hints.it says what location is needed so id assume it means items are in that locations adven drops or whatever became available to purchase when that location was unlocked

5. VERY true. I didn't think of that angle.

Could someone please tell me what is all unlocked in level 300 of Port Royal for random drops and what mates and weapons are available around that level?

LeE OTM

6. BTW, the Chinese Sea Dragon is a 55 attack/55 defense ship. I don't know which levels open up which mateys and weapons, but the drops for Port Royal are Decoy Rum Ship, Voodoo Doll, Giant Spider, Deadeye Galleon, and Pirate Galley.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  7. Since the Chinese Sea Dragon hidden recipe requires another Blacksmith item, I'm thinking the Minstrel Maiden recipe requires one, too, most likely the cursed voodoo doll. However, I've tried that in combination with a lot of other things and haven't found the recipe yet.

8. rolandsea

rolandsea New Member

Been working on that Prison Ship... have tried letter of pardon and Various combinations of ships, even tried using an executioner to no avail. there really seems to be no rhyme or reason to blacksmith.. Like Lee said there is huge amount of possibilities. I hope some clues come out so I don't get so frustrated I give this up.

9. Hi Roland, All,

I agree the amount of possibilities is huge.
    If one of us have a friend at the corresponding level, it may help to know what he has access from adventures and bosses.
    ie a level 300 friend for the minstrel maiden. If he make a list of the yet available items (below and equal to lvl 300) it might be of some help
    My two cents.

Regards.

10. BTW, for anyone who didn't already know, the Chinese Sea Dragon hidden recipe is in another Forum discussion: Dilapidated Wreck + Imperial Patrol Ship. The Dilapidated Wreck is another blacksmith item which requires a drop item from Peking and the Imperial Patrol Ship is also a drop in Peking. It must have been luck to find that one, or the person knows a developer and leaked it. The hundreds of thousands of potential combinations for hidden recipes is like guessing a password without the benefit of password cracking software - nearly impossible.

11. Bermuda Jo

Bermuda Jo New Member

Re: Chinese Sea Dragon...I am trying the following items:
    Weapons: Jade Sword, DRAGON GLIDER(!), Ming Dynasty Scrolls, Chinese Treasure Map, & Giant Pearl(?maybe)
    Ships: DRAGON JUNK(!), Chinese Merchant Ship, Imperial Patrol Ship, & Spice Ship(?maybe)
    Mateys: Emperor Assassin
    Also including Dilapidated Werck, High Explosive Bomb, and Munitions Expert
    If any one has any luck with these, let us know!!!!!

12. Red

Red Member

i´ve found it and i´m not related to kano, but it wasn´t just luck, the very name of the item is a clue as well

13. See above - Dilapidated Wreck + Imperial Patrol Ship. The Dilapidated Wreck is the first blacksmith item.

14. Any ideas on the Minstrel Maiden? I've been trying variations with the various voodoo items, the Port Royal ships, the female mateys, and the jaguar warrior. The minstrel part stumps me. Any ideas?

15. Red

Red Member

Minstrel

I did the same :) but noting there ,i think the end result is a girl " maiden " therefore the recipe may take a female matey, minstrel also come from music, just another clue ! but i don´t see much stuff that does so, except for the bell gift

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  16. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

Kano Crafting Tip!!!

Having trouble finding out what is used to craft the Minstrel Maiden secret matey? Well here is a hint to help point you in the correct direction.

There are two items required to craft the Minstrel Maiden.

One of the items is a Gift.

One of the items is not a gift.

Hope this helps in your crafting attempts.

17. kabutee

kabutee Member

thanks for the help. before your clue, i have already notice the format of the other known recipe and yes there are 2 combo.. 3 matey combo and 1 matey 1 gift weapon combo. i was right on track then. i done both but must have missed it.

anyway your clue only cut the probably by half. having said the first item is a gift - definitely limit it to weapons. but saying not a gift items... it still can be a weapon, a matey, or even a ship if my 2 combo assumptions are false. it only say its not a gift so it can be purchased clan item, Adventure drop items, Boss drop items, challenges drop items, and blacksmith items.

this is hard work but im willing to find it.. i only hated the workbench layout. when you fail you go back to the start and start looking for the next item to drag. lots of times you endup thinking whether you done this or that. so maybe you can do something about it?

18. Minstrel Maiden hidden recipe

It _seems_ like the most recently available girl matey is the pirate princess, but I've tried her in combination with a wide variety of gifts and gotten nothing so far. The ship's bell seems to be the only vaguely musical item, but I've tried it with all of the girl mateys and gotten nothing. Anyone have more solid info. on what shows up around level 300 and the Port Royal location?

19. Susan K

Susan K Member

port royal adventure drops

ships: decoy rum ship, deadeye galleon, pirate galley
    weapons: voodoo doll, giant spider

voodoo mermaid boss: voodoo spike club (boss owner), voodoo swivel gun, sacrificial sword, pirate voodoo doll

These just don't look promising. No girls, and no music.

20. Danellem

Danellem New Member

Hate the little tiny window to work in. I have a nice big computer screen, and now I am looking through the keyhole. Again.

Will wait until someone posts all the combos. Too much clicking, not enough fun.

But I like the idea! :)