Chat Survey Results and Outcomes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparkleMotion, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bite Me Yes

Bite Me Yes New Member

Either this was intentional or a complete lack of understanding and or knowing your players. I personally have not been on WC in the last 90 days to protect myself from your over grown cry babies. We have and always have had the basement dwellers aka snowflakes whom like to provoke other players then quickly send emails stating he/she hurt my feelings hence causing the innocent to be punished. One would think management would have advised us of the incoming email in the famous World Chat or Game News where we get ALL OF OUR OTHER messages. With the later in mind I tend to think Kano did indeed deliberately and intentionally not want our true reply. Creating another chat seems pointless since only a handful of players control World Chat as it is. It would be greatly appreciated if the next time you say "everyone" if you would sincerely mean it. :(:(:(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Justin the killer likes this.
  2. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

Marshal O.P. Rockwell Active Member

Why is Kano committing resources to "fix" an optional feature of the game that is only used by a relatively small percentage of players and has ZERO bearing on how the game operates. World chat function could totally cease without having ant effect on how the game is played. Any "improvements" in world chat will only benefit a very small number of players. When are we going to see some effort put into fixing problems that are essential game functions and will benefit a much larger percentage of the active players? Things like making the workshop something more than the worthless joke it is currently or giving players purchasing items for their inventory a better set of high defense items to counter all of the high attack items. I am certain that at least 5-10 more things could be listed by others which would have significant positive impact on the primary functions of the game. World chat has become the tail that is wagging the dog and that just makes all of us wanting to see progress on vital game issues want to scream in frustration.

JudyTucker likes this.
  3. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

I like the comments the only thing I would have controlled is language azz is still referred to as the posterior part thus cannot be allowed. reinforce your argument not your lower IQ Keep it clean you want to call someone a name learn to use the language skills spelling and vocabulary loose word people who speak with forked tongues is a liar an anal orifice well I think you at Kano get the message. you know it is a hole some people are bullies when your low rank you don't need someone five times your level pummeling on you they pay in money too it is an investment limit the number of attacks or the severity. and if there is a problem with chat then get rid of it. thank you.

4. Mark Tomlinson

Mark Tomlinson New Member

To add my comment (now it's too late): your survey is flawed because the reason I, like a lot of people, don't go in world chat, is linked to bullying, the personal attacks & name calling... if they want to be treated like adults then they need to behave like adults... seems self-evident

5. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Or my mail is dead or something is really wrong with it. i don`t get any mail....

And if the turn the world chat off i have no problem with it. Never use it before never do. The only reason why i click the CHAT is for JOBS and thats it perhaps some new flesh players for joining squad

6. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

I never use world chat, the one time I went there when I started I was killed over and over. Adults don't do that, adults actually chat, All I ever see is fighting and name calling and then it gets ugly, so I can ignore a 5th chat as well. See no purpose in having another chat that will really be the same as WC. Changes to the game would be nice, I hate doing jobs over and over for just xps because the weapons are the same. Still believe that each level should have a higher weapon as you go along.

8. Although the number of those responding to E-mail is poor it does gauge well how crappy WC rules and cowardly vendetta's against others via rules are . So hey you are on the right track.Continue to back out of WC roles and let us go ,I promise it will be just fine.

9. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

And where was this survey sent to or posted? It was not sent to all active participants in world chat as I am active in there. My gaming account email is the same email I use for everything. I open everything from MWLCN ...... Maybe try another survey to where we are all notified of it ???

10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

~Good to hear that there'll be less "big brother" monitoring, & a lessening of stringent protocols there in. ~about time! :cool:

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I did not get an email that I am aware of, ...... gotta look and see if I did

12. Kirsten

Previous permanent bans should be continued, IMO

Tony Montana likes this.
  13. Kirsten

these are fighting games, people do not need a reason to attack, list punch,whip, etc.

14. KillingYouSweetly

KillingYouSweetly New Member

I've thinking about this for a while. Kano I say do away with the world chat and make our profiles The place to leave messages. Give us the ability to block offenders. (Also, make a place for our Avatars). This way, no one else is involved with your grudge matches unless they come to your profile to see it for themselves. The game itself would be a lot more peaceful.

15. Schreck

Schreck New Member

Great idea!!!!!!

16. Kirsten

I like world chat, it is entertaining, I mute the crazies, but can tell when they are on by the responses of others, and I get to say what I want, within reason, and not have to see the crazies respond,lol Vc and Pc World chats are a lot of laughs :) The one thing I would like changed is ya cannot be dead, cause it is usually the crazies that rant while dead, my Mute list, is very long , but works well as a bookmark. lol

17. Harrys Mum

Harrys Mum Member

didn't get the email either ??? love reading some of the banter that goes through chat, make me smile, after all, everybody on there should be adults, so a little bad language and a few innuendos shouldn't be a problem. totally agree with banning racists bigots, there is no room for them anywhere. :p

18. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

We didn't post the survey in News or the Forums because the purpose was specifically to find out from people who used chat in the weeks before and after the changes how the changes had affected them. If we opened it up game wide we would hear back from people who the rules did not affect, which would potentially skew the results.

19. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

If you haven't been active in WC in the last 90 days then the guidelines change would not have affect you, and the survey would not have applied. We deliberately only sent it to people who had made recent comments so that we could find out specifically have the guidelines change in January affected people who are active users of chat.

The rules changes I also mentioned in my post address what you're saying about people sending us emails to get people in trouble.

20. Kirsten

I do not see any email and I use chat, just sayin but not a big deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.