Chat Survey Results and Outcomes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparkleMotion, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hi everyone,

A couple weeks ago we sent out a survey to gauge how the new Chat Rules have affected players. This was sent to all players that have been active in World Chat in the past 90 days. We heard back from just over 250, and we wanted to share our findings with you.

[​IMG]

While a lot of things were mentioned in the survey feedback, there were a handful of dominant themes:
    • World Chat is too censored
    • Punishments are too harsh
    • The new rules have stopped people from wanting to talk
    • There have been less personal attacks, which has been great
    • The System message is super annoying
    • Our anti-spam change makes holding a conversation during downtimes more difficult
    • This is an adult game, let you be adults
    • There are other areas of the game that deserve more attention than chat
    Since the beginning of our games we have had a huge part to play in chat moderation. Over time this has mutated from us being there to offer Support, to attempting to use us as a tool to get rivals in trouble. We want to stop that from happening, while freeing up some time so we can start making other game improvements.

What this means for you:
    • The anti-spam filter will be adjusted
    • The system message will be removed
    • Our WC Rules and Guidelines will be adjusted
    • More emphasis on the mute button
    • Penalties are switching to be less harsh
    • Addition of a fifth chat
    You should start to see these changes roll out over the next few weeks. Our goal is to have the fifth chat released by the end of April, but we will keep you updated on the progress.

Have any questions, comments, or feedback? Let us know in the comments. Any off topic posts will be removed to keep the discussion on point.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. tharealmathafacka

tharealmathafacka New Member

I didn't get an E-mail? So thanks for updating me lol

Elle F and Herwindo Chayadi like this.
  3. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Way to call people out, KANO!

Herwindo Chayadi likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I never check my game email, next time can we get announcement in news or here on forum as to things of this nature. :confused:

5. Troy Abdella

Troy Abdella New Member

When was this email sent? It seems a lot of people missed this notification if Kano only received 250 responses out of all the players it has playing.. Epic fail.

6. That's great news! Maybe now we'll be able to actually see game updates and removing the cheaters. It's to the point that the report button was just another way to attack an enemy. It's at the point where the developers have become glorified babysitters/biological weapons against rivals instead of fixing some pretty glaring problems. A different chat where the rowdier among us can go to talk trash will be nice while the less rambunctious might also find it refreshing to be in a chat where they can discuss... what... pudding and weather? (I have no idea what they like to discuss) On a personal note, I hope this means I won't be getting anymore warnings for quoting The Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Harrys Mum likes this.
  7. Sarah Hughes

Sarah Hughes New Member

I also did not get an email about participating in this survey, but am glad we're going to be allowed to adult safely from now on :p

Elle F likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick question, is the previous perma bans allowed in this 5th chat, since it's new feature or no? If so tight leash should upheld, or should I say a choke chain.

9. i got the Email i just never responded , i have a feeling it don't matter what we say , we will still be treated like kids........

10. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

We're still trying to work this out. The general feeling is that it's a new feature, so everyone should be let in. That said we don't want to let people into chat if they were banned for being bigoted/racist, that kind of thing so we're still discussing it.

Chasity and JADES like this.
  11. tharealmathafacka

tharealmathafacka New Member

Some people spoke about in in WC, I did twice I think.

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Have you been active in chat this year? If so, maybe you missed the email. If not, that's why you didn't get it.

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

See the OP's original post.
    Which isn't true, because I got a timeout ban this year and I didn't get an email about this, but that's besides the point. The point is it seems they only wanted feedback from players that have used chat recently. That's why it wasn't posted in the in game news feed or here in the forums. Don't worry, I'm sure there were other players that were excluded from the survey.

14. Chack Plata

Chack Plata New Member

I was banned from chat since one year ago I think, you never mailed me. In fact, I deserved the punishment, but I was talking with adults on a adult chat. In my opinion, the rules on the chat are made for childs

15. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

Been active! didn't get the email either!

Backdoor Boo boo and Elle F like this.
  16. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

This has always been my point. Rules state 18 or older so there should be no kids on here. Further a player has the option to mute another at any time......THAT IS THE ONLY FILTER THE CHAT SHOULD HAVE! It is all the chat truly needs.

17. Epaphus

Epaphus New Member

"Addition of a fifth chat"? The only one I use is Syndicate, for posting bosses. But I can ignore a fifth tab, just like I already ignore the others.

The rest of the changes sound great, though. Thanks.

18. Marty Lopez

Marty Lopez New Member

I have always said have an adult WC...enter at your own risk. Most of us are mature enough to handle our own. You can even make a safetypin chat for all the whiny delicate snowflakes! Doesn't matter to me now, you perma banned me because someone's feeling got hurt! But you should make more rules so we can have even more fun!!!

Evelyn May Dively likes this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yes Jared and didn't you read my post, I don't check my game email? I'm well active in chat.

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Good to know, just remember choose wisely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.