[PC] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. HoundDog

HoundDog New Member

You to! Have a lovely day! Still don´t agree in any of what you say.

2. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

~Looking Good Mi7ch! :cool:

mi7ch likes this.
  3. martin stein

martin stein New Member

hey can you guys adjust the reward drop ratio in raid boss we are getting as many ship drops as mateys or weapons, but we only need 2000 ships but we need 20,000 mateys and 20,000 weapons. the ship rewards should be one in a hundred. i am looking at overall strength.
    Thanks for you attention The Alleged Perpatrator

4. martin stein

martin stein New Member

hey guys while your changing things, can you please make the "attack" and "heal buttons" taller, when i 'am clicking away and you give me some free energy the screen jumps down and i an off my button. I noticed the below the picture of the Raid Boss there is empty space you could make the button square, and there should still be room.
    Thanks for your attention.

5. Broonie

Broonie New Member

No bonus skill points this Raid ?

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you beat the Raid Boss any of the last times it was available, then you will have already unlocked the sole achievement and any associated rewards.

7. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

I thought Raid Boss was suppose to start 5 minutes ago??

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There was a bit of a human error on the Raid Bosses this week, but we got them up at 9:40 pacific and we extended the end of the event by 40 minutes to make up the difference. Apologies!

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

50 lashes

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Senefra

Senefra New Member

This was brought up by one of the people who joined my raid party. On the goal meter, why does it always say "Impossible!" (not able to occur, exist, or be done.) instead, of "Improbable!" (not likely to be true or to happen.) Is it a matter of feasibility & an individual player's concept of it? Or is in the context of remaining impossible as long as it's being considered impossible? Even then it still makes little sense as reaching "Very Good!/Great!/Amazing!" is still possible, even though it's only improbable until a player applies more attemptive actions relative to the other players on the same raid boss.

12. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

it says impossible rather then improbable because it truly is impossible to get a reward given the number of current actions is not totaling out to a minimum of 1k heals and 2k actions overall. Improbable would mean even though the probability is near impossible there would still be a that minuscule chance, no matter how small, of getting a reward.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Chasity likes this.
  13. WorldB

WorldB Member

Tiers really need to be re-visited. At present almost all activity is in the 8500+ tier and there is a feeding frenzy to get into bosses before they are filled. 8500+ is always filled quickly while it is still hard to find reliable folks under that tier. A new top tier starting at 11,000 might help this issue and allow for a better distribution:
    Suggested
    0 thru 6,500
    6501 thru 10,999
    11,000 and above

14. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I'd second that...

15. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Been saying this for months. Need more people to speak up so Kano will finally listen.

16. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Sorry that the tiers haven't changed. I absolutely passed this along to Live Ops and they reviewed the tiers.

Given that they reviewed the current levels and noted the cohort of players and what levels they are at, their decision to not make alterations is always based on level distribution and engagement. To be more specific, we are not just looking for the most number of bosses generated or joined but bosses completed. So altering these levels changes that dynamic

Please know that I did pass this ticket along and brought it up with the team. My apologies if the change was not one they accepted.

Thank you for your understanding. I do hope you have an excellent weekend.

Kind regards,
    Josh
    Kano Apps Support

17. WorldB

WorldB Member

It's their choice how to run their games. However, follow this. The goal of the company in order to succeed is to engage as many customers as they can, preferrably paying customers. With the current levels of players and statistics of Raid Bosses, there is very little risk of bosses not being completed as a handful of top tier players can complete one in just a few hours alone. In the Raid Bosses I see (which granted is a small sample), the top tier is always filled and the middle and lower tiers only have a few players. Blindly adding this up gives you 10 top + 5 mid + 5 lower = 20 players/customers. As the top tier players are the most likely to participate in many Raid Bosses, setting the top tier to a higher starting point would still likely result in 10 top tier players. What it also should do is to increase the number of players in the middle tier as those players who formerly were top tier but are redesignated middle with the new tier levels and were closed out of some Raid Bosses will now be competing for a spot with middle tier players who are less likely to try to play as many bosses as possible. Again generating blind numbers, 10 top + 8 middle (up due to the former top tiers who either played the boss as top last time or who were closed out of the top tier now find an opening in middle tier) + 5 lower = 23 players/customers. Adding a few participants per Raid Boss multiplied times the number of Raid Bosses summoned should generate a larger customer engagement than the previous tier structure.

Now, of course, I'm taking a lot for granted, but if this seems logical to you, perhaps you will reconsider.

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't think the number of people that speak up will help.

19. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

why cant kano fix the idiots who drain the health of raid bosses and jut have them booted when the attack/to heal gets to wide ?

20. Stuart Ward

Stuart Ward New Member

I have 2 comments (opinions really), the first about raid tiers and the second about idiots draining rains.

Tier thresholds do need to be selected to maximize completions but to be fair, they also have to consider how fast each tier fills up. If, for example, the tiers are too high, tier 1 will fill up withing seconds, often with people who are in too many raids to complete them all. If all tiers fill up at reasonable rates, I think that will translate to a more fair situation and more raids completed.

With the last changes to the idiot problem, I think things have improved. As I understand it now, when someone kills someone else's raid twice, they are shut out from further attacks. That minimizes the damage they can do. I think that's a reasonable level. There is still the possibility that someone can repeatedly kill their own raid, and I've seen that a few times. In that case, players should take their business elsewhere and let the raid die. That's OK too.

Kirsten likes this.