[LCN] Holiday Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SparkleMotion, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hi everyone,

Players from across our gaming communities have been asking us to host fundraisers for a while, and I’m happy to say that this holiday season we’ll be doing just that!

Starting on Monday, December 12th at 10am and going until Friday the 16th at 6pm, the Toy Train will be available for purchase with FP. For every Toy Train sold a percentage will be donated to Child’s Play, an organization that helps children through play.

[​IMG]

Since 2003, Child’s Play has been improving the lives of sick children and their families by providing video games, toys, and other fun stuff for kids to the hospitals, therapy facilities and support houses where they stay. These donations give kids the opportunity to enjoy age appropriate entertainment, interact with peers, friends and family, and offers a much needed distraction from what generally is an unpleasant experience.

We’re hoping that together across all our communities we can raise a lot of money and help a lot of kids!

For more information on Child’s Play please visit their website http://childsplaycharity.org/.

2. AWESOME... Well done KANO Krew.

~Jess~ and SparkleMotion like this.
  3. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

Well done Also, please don't forget the children at St. Judes hospital cancer centers and send them some toys also

~Jess~ and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  4. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

First let me say that this is GREAT for Kano to do so. I also agree with Maddog1122's comment. Finally, Toys for Tots which I support locally and nationally.

5. ~Jess~

~Jess~ New Member

What a terrific idea! I can't wait to buy some trains n help a sick child out. This hits home for me. Last yr during Christmas my daughter was admitted in to the children's hospital. If it wasn't for the staff, volunteers, n donations her Christmas would have been ruined. Considering where we were it turned out to be a wonderful Christmas.. I was lucky I got to bring my daughter home.. Super excited to pay it forward. Thank you

SparkleMotion likes this.
  6. SparkleMotion

Thank you for sharing this story! It's families like yours that we'll all be able to help as a community :)

~Jess~ likes this.
  7. SparkleMotion

@NavyChief and @maddog, this year we're set up for Child's Play but we are hoping to do other fundraisers in the future and will be looking to the community for suggestions on who to support :)

~Jess~ likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Will stats be posted the following week with how much money was raised?

QuietStorm11 and ~Jess~ like this.
  9. SparkleMotion

That's the plan! It ends Friday at 6pm and most of the team will be out of the office by then, but we're hoping by the middle of the next week we'll have full numbers and will make another thread announcing that :)

Ro-Schi likes this.
  10. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I would like a refund please. When it "popped" up on the home page, it was listed as 521 att and 521 def:

mw-lcn-292.jpg
    Yet after buying it:

mw-lcn-293.jpg

C'mon man!

11. gary999

gary999 New Member

I have the same problem as Heretic Wild. Purchased and not as promised. I want the stats offered, not the favor points. and if you cant fix the stats i want my fp back.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  12. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

people already used real money in thinking better stats including me, this starting to look like scam at firstpoint

Sandy Barrows, Kirsten and gary999 like this.
  13. SparkleMotion

Hey everyone, the stats displaying incorrectly was an issue with the coding that has been fixed. We aren't offering refunds on these item purchases though, since for each item purchased we're donating $1 to Child's Play. Refunding the item would be counter productive towards raising money for a really great charity. I'm sorry there was some confusion but it was fixed as soon as it was brought to our attention.

14. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Doesn't matter, I never would have wasted 30 fp's on it if I knew it wasn't a high defense item.

I'm all for supporting charity, but the only items I buy are high defense ones...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Sandy Barrows likes this.
  15. SparkleMotion

Well shoot us a message in support and we'll see what we can do. It's all about the charity with these items but if you aren't happy that's not worth it.

16. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

17. gary999

gary999 New Member

It matters not to me if it is for charity. I support many charities but when one is misrepresented than there are regulatory agencies in place where a fundraiser can be reported for impropriety. I've put in a ticket and will repeat the gist here. Either give me the item as advertised or give me back my FP.

18. SparkleMotion

Like I said to Heretic if you're not happy it doesn't matter if this is for charity, so write us a ticket and we'll refund your purchase.

QuietStorm11 and gary999 like this.
  19. gary999

gary999 New Member

Ticket submitted. Thank you.

QuietStorm11 likes this.
  20. Omegame

Omegame Member

Aim happy to now aim helping someone only for a weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.