[PC] Watch Videos and Buff Up!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

Facebook

2. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

Tried Kano play but that sticks at waiting for video, don't get to see the sad pussy

3. :mad: AB disabled...brand new Flash added (careful with that..they try to slip ya 'extras'...) and extras deleted:
    Result?. zip, nada, nichts, nuttin.... no bloody change. :mad:......btw.... Facebook

4. Also mi7ch those three videos you can watch for gf pts its not letting you watch the third one so you dont get the gf pts

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We are still looking to make this a smoother experience and will be reaching back out to our ad provider because this is not running as intended.

Micaylah likes this.
  6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

not sure if this happend the same time as the video update but just realized that when in battle the close button has been pushed forward so no matter the screen you pull up it is still visible and clickable-

[​IMG]

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I just checked with Smack, I think it's always been that way, so unrelated to the Buff Up.

Also just a reminder for everyone that this thread is just about the Buff Up, so if you have another question, even if it's tangentially related, please make another thread. :)

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update: We are seeing an improvement in the number of ads that are successfully being shown. Kanoplay should still see some dramatic improvement over the coming days but it is working a lot better this afternoon than it was this morning.

Having said that we appreciate those that have helped out by testing this feature and providing us feedback. This was certainly not as smooth as we expected things to go with this ad provider.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

So if the bugs have been worked out for the most part, when can we see this in other games?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Until the issues with our provider are 100% ironed out, I can't even make a guess as to when this will come to the other games. When I know, you'll know. ;)

Smack likes this.
  11. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

I think it should be removed from the game until it works for everyone.

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's not how it works. Sometime a change will be rolled out to one game until the kinks are worked out and it's moved over to all of the games. It doesn't sound like it's not doable, so it's just a matter of time before it's released to all of the games, hopefully before the end of the month.

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Any update?

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We are hoping to get this out early next week to the rest of our Desktop games and then shortly thereafter we plan to add it to our Mobile games too.

Thanks for your patience Jared. We haven't forgotten!

mi7ch likes this.
  15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks, before the end of 2016 would be great unless there are unforseen snags.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Update: Based on some difficulties with our provider over the past week we are going to be disabling this feature on desktop indefinitely.

We had plans to release this feature on a wider basis as soon as possible but sadly things just didn't stay lined long enough for us to feel comfortable rolling it out. The developers are pushing an update as I type this that will take down the Video Buff icon. I have no ETA on its return to desktop for the moment.

This feature will be available on all the mobile apps running v2.20 and above (which is Zombie Slayer right now, other apps will follow shortly), so keep your eye out for that! We use a different, mobile-only provider there, hence why it is still available.

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's okay, we can just enable it on a smartphone and then play from a computer. :p

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Any idea when this is going to be rolled out to other games? Or if it will be available besides via one method (smartphone app)? Or is this only going to be available via app on one game?

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Watching videos for Buff time is only available on mobile due to the poor fill rate we were experiencing on desktop which was making the feature mostly unusable. Having said that this feature is currently available on Zombie Slayer and Pirate Clan and we plan to release to Viking Clan and Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra soon.

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I know this feature is designed for promotion of game, but have yet to see any of the the KANO app's games video's....
    Let's say I watched video's from VC, but have never seem promo on LCN/PC or ZS....
    I'm not downloading a different game to see if works, but have you?
    Shouldn't it be promoting other games via KANO?

By the looks of this feature IMO is your promoting different games, which doubt was your initial intention. Just saying

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017