Memorial Tab on Leaderboard

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Mabest, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Mi7ch, the memorial gifts are wonderful. However, people new to the game have no idea what they are all about. Sometimes even people who have been around for a long time, know what these are and some still ask for them. Not sure why, once you have some since they aren't supposed to be used to craft with and certainly don't have good enough stats to fight with. But to each his own.

We did ask for a tab on the Leaderboard or some place where people who bother to look around will see Memorial and it should offer the name of the player, along with the name of gift if one was made. Please give the Dev's a little push.
    Now we have the Viking info thanks to Kel the Merciful King's posting. I didn't have that before.

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I don't think I said it fairly but controversy, angst, horror (fake or real), grief, rancor, what have you does break out over x bountying y who was deceased, knowingly or not, with x bearing every tar and feather, slander, half truth, and beyond. Frankly its this drama that causes enemies to start and wars to breakout, and as the local arm's merchant, well, Kano benefits. If we were all singing kumbaya, I doubt you'd have a sale of a FP for a lottery ticket :D So this kind of stuff, adds to it, in my view.

Taking the player "out" when deceased would not break out a solid round of kumbaya but it would at least relieve some people of the issues over this persons' death and yet their character 'living' and a "fair" target as a live one, that can help with stats and achievements.

My vote is take em out of the game entirely but for "clan" (a player can look at some of their friends passed tho they are not active clan) and stick their most recent avatar with stats etc into a leaderboard like thing, on their own- a game cemetery. Of course there are issues i.e. when a person dies, and who is to inform "you". A few of my game enemies have likely reported me dead already ... maybe j.k'ing.

I do appreciate you sharing Mi7ch the info on what Kano does do on notice and can do if the person has been say significant enough. The cougar claw is one my faves of all time (ty).

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I like the idea, it will be good thing to do besides the practical difficulties.

4. Gobbler

Gobbler New Member

I for one did not know about memorial gifts as I am a relatively new player to all games. I love this idea!

Xtina likes this.
  5. Kel the Merciful King

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  6. Kel the Merciful King

One more added .... "Bill Tolf" Bill Edge RIP Bill

7. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Well here we are. Middle of June and still nothing going on with this. Very disappointing to say the least. :(

--Mz-- likes this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

And another one gone .... a great one ...
    "The Bad Ass Mungrel" Kane Teakle
    AKA The Black Ass Mongrel ... RIP KANE !!!!!!!! <3

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

OMG when ?? that is sad :(

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  10. Kel the Merciful King

I think I can share: he passed of incurrable cancer of the lung ... he did get to take a 3 week cruise with his kin before passing. Was a great guy I met via the game, talked with often, and sadly, never got a chance to get to Aussie to see him and all the poisonous critters he reminded me of :) I do wish Kano would reinstate his name as he would be remembered by when inevitably hit listed in tribute or from fond fights he had with many in the game. RIP Kane :)

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i think i need one for myself soon now these days cause im fixin to stop playin some of these apps cause of all these new players spending top dollar on these game apps bout to say rest in peace justin the killer ugghh..

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The memorial tab if for People who have passed, ( died) in real life, not for people who have quit the game, FFS

HJM and Justin the killer like this.
  13. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well i was tryin to make it both sides lol....i still like ya after all them quotes hehe :)

14. HJM

HJM Active Member

FB server "Hyndla The Sorceress" Jaana Turtiainen, lost her long and hard battle against cancer, just few hours ago.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  15. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

Mabest likes this.
  16. I personally think its great they do it in mob wars lcn and i really appreciate Kano for making items for our friends who have passed and it makes the families of our loved ones feel special when they see the item has been created for their loved ones. And the love and support from their friends they are overwhelmed. so i say all of Kano games need this. ty

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Watch this space for an update...

Chasity likes this.
  18. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Mi7ch, as you probably already know, we have lost Ray Ford. He played Pirate Clan and I believe Viking Clan too.
    Oops. Sorry. Mz already told y'all.

--Mz-- likes this.
  19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I had not heard that, my condolences. :(

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

CaptureWATCHING.PNG

HJM, --Mz--, Smack and 1 other person like this.