[PC] Watch Videos and Buff Up!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In the next few minutes, we'll be releasing the Buff Up update (or Buff Update for you portmanteau fans) to Pirate Clan on Facebook and Kano Play (other platform releases forthcoming).

The Buff Up lets you get bonus XP from Adventures or Battles by watching a video, sort of like our Deal of the Day if you’ve taken advantage of that. Here’s a quick walkthrough:

At the top of the game beside the World Chat icon there will be an icon that says “Buff Up”.

[​IMG]

Clicking on that will open this:

[​IMG]

Clicking either of those buttons will open a screen with a video. Watching the video will give you the associated buff for four hours. When a Buff is active, the icon will look like this:

[​IMG]

Please let me know if you have any questions! As a heads up if you don’t have Flash installed, or have any adblock software running, you won’t be able to see the videos and therefore won’t be able to get the buffs.

Additionally I'd appreciate it if the feedback in this thread was kept specifically around the update itself and any issues you may run across. Off topic posts will be removed.

Mr Killer Man and SparkleMotion like this.
  2. MrOptimistic

MrOptimistic New Member

Worked fine on Facebook, but saying no ads to watch on Kanoplay.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sometimes the ad provider can be a little inconsistent. Check back a bit later and let me know if it pops up for you; if not I'll get the developers to check in on it. Thanks for letting me know! :)

4. john frances

john frances Member

cant get it to work says i need to disable flash PFFT

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

About how long will it take until they are released for kong, also does battles include armada war/battle arena? Will there be any boosters for bosses or add a 5fp offer to davy jones to get a 5 hour boost?

Chasity likes this.
  6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You need Flash enabled not disabled for the best result. You should be able to see some ads without Flash. However you MUST disable your Ad Blocker to view these. It's just the nature of the beast given you are viewing, well, ads.

I'll break down the pieces of this for clarity but thank you for your curiosity.

Kong
    No timeline yet for Kong but we are looking into this.

What actions does the Battle buff cover for bonus XP?
    PvP battles only. So not Arenas or Wars.

Will there be boss buff
    As of right now, no. However the Buffs will be monitored and reviewed and could change in the future to encompass something like this.

Buffs for FP
    Right now this is not an option but it is something we are considering. It would likely manifest itself as, watch a video for a 4hr buff OR pay a nominal amount of FP for the same 4hr buff.

7. Bite Me Yes

Bite Me Yes New Member

Video was just an ad....I thought the video was going to explain this buffing thing to us. Do you have a video explaining how this works and how much it will cost? So I have 4 hours left of buffing without any energy to buff:confused:;):rolleyes::confused:;):rolleyes::oops::oops::(:(:(:(:oops::oops:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  8. rallycrawford

rallycrawford New Member

To view videos: Please disable your Ad Blocker & install the latest version of Flash. Flash is up to date and don't know how to turn off ad blocker in safari on mac. Get the same on Kano server too

9. MrOptimistic

MrOptimistic New Member

Safari+ –
    1. Open up your Safari browser.
    2. Click on Safari located in the menu bar of your browser and select Preferences. ...
    3. Click on the Extensions button. ...
    4. Navigate to and click on AdBlock in the list of extensions in the left pane.
    5. Toggle the On button to Off in the Preferences window.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We don't have a video to explain this but here is a quick rundown.

Adventurer Bonus
    As it says +5% XP for every Adventure you do while this buff is active. If you were to compare a before buff and after buff view of your Adventures you will notice increased XP on your Adventures list when the buff is active.

Brawler Bonus
    This gives +5% XP for every PvP Battle attack while the buff if active. This bonus does not apply to Battle Arena attacks or Armada Wars attacks.

11. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

This didnt work for me at all, i have the latest flash installed and AdBlock disabled just to try it out....Still didnt work, after awhile it just says, no ads to watch at this time....

Out of curiosity i may have a question that might be related to this update.......

Boss links sent to me are "freezing" up when i try to access them, is this due to the new update or is it some server crap going on?

Kirsten likes this.
  12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That appears to be related to the newest Mac OS Sierra based on our testing. The developers are aware of it and working on it.

We're seeing reports of this from LCN which has not received the "Buff Up" code.

Pinhead likes this.
  14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

got a question is this gonna be a permant thing that we can have? or is this temporarily?

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Jades, we are aware that Ads are not being shown as frequently as we'd like. We are in contact with the provider of these ads to improve this, if it does not we will likely pivot to another provider.

In the meantime keep trying. From my own testing I can get the sad kitty image, try it again and a video will load but it can certainly be hit or miss.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There are no plans to remove the Buffs right now.

17. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well just show u know it is not letting me watch a video..it is telling me to remove my Flash an im not gonna do that..i think this should be updated more better...

18. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I got energy buff to work. I do not own a cat so I will not be buying cat food. How do these ads work? I hardly ever buy anything because I saw an ad.

19. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

is this new as well? just started today i believe-

[​IMG]

One other thing i have noticed is this ever since the update launched, not sure if intentional or not-

[​IMG]

the small announcements that pop up when gained a lvl, assisted ect are now up front instead of shadowed over by in that example the sp box. Does the same for when achieve pops.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Nothing to fix if that's the intended behavior. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯