[LCN] New Location now available: Los Angeles!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I just checked my Desert Nomads Boss, and last time I killed him it was 900 days ago LOL.
    I agree, the Optimals are not worth the effort, they need to much effort to make them with 60 drops and the boss at that level pays very low XP, its a lot better in long term to buy 17FP sale items and avoid refills. Same goes for the Raids, as now the drops are to weak and I can buy a lot better sale limiteds.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  2. gods people

gods people Active Member

whatch what you are saying kano, will up the price of those items to 20 fp. and make you pay more. new location and 1 of the boss drops is totally useless way to go kano. my pockets are so much fuller these days kano. thank you for making me see the light.

3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Then let them up the prices on the sale items... There are so many great games to play these days.

maddog1122 and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  4. Bogbrush007

Bogbrush007 Member

Yes I can understand where you are coming from and thank you for explaining this for me. I just feel that the old school long term players have been given a rough deal. I can see this as I am a spender and have been able to buy my way stronger than many of the long term players. I feel that these long term players that have stuck with you for a number of years should get rewarded. As if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to play the game I do as it was their time and patience teaching me the game that has helped me no end and to them I will be forever greatful. But please Kano, come up with some sort of additional longevity achievement for them that is a one off like your others which will give them a bonus drop increasing in value for each year they have spent playing the game. Something worth more than the current purchaseable weapons. This in my eyes would show a gratitude from Kano to these players for staying in the game and keeping the momentum flowing for all as all players would have another achievement to aim for and it may keep more in the game for a longer period of time. Those are just my own personal thoughts on the matter but I really hope that Kano does do something a bit more bold to ensure that these players are rewarded for their loyalty and not just on how much they have spent.

kari, Zoe Bell, terrywill2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Even the challenge items are useless

upload_2016-9-22_16-34-50.png

Kano really went all out on this new location, wtg to the devs! All the players in this location think these are really great and think you have done a fantastic job, No really guys keep up the great work!

In all seriousness these stats are worse than item drops from the jobs, do you even think these things through, clearly not one person on the development team has a clue about the game, just please do me a favour, one of you start actually playing the game, and by that I mean create a clone of a higher level player and see what we face in the game.

I am nearing 2500 days played and I think that is a good point to call it a day and leave the "game". Give me a shout back if things change for the better.

Zoe Bell, maddog1122 and Xipe Totec like this.
  6. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I've asked to to hire me as a sysadmin to help keep their servers running smoothly and I could be a customer relations admin as well. ;)
    Only caveat is, I get to keep my mobbie and I work remotely ;)

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  7. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I agree the biggest issue for lcn a high total for overall items was 1.4 million around that now all i know is these new mobsters lvl 4000 150 days old have bought themselves to 2 to 3 million in total over all items. This is the problem we have came across SO in turn there will never at the stats your items have for job drops, bosses etc. will never add up to that at all no matter how many we have and that right there is a problem what is the use of being a lvl 10,000 and you not give us the proper items to win at this level, I have spent the last 3 years building my strength, add skill points to att and def since i thought i was actually getting somewhere, then over 6 months of time there are about 40 to 50 people that are less than half my level that can be me and these people can beat almost anyone in the game. So where is the long term loyalty at Kano.....

8. Sir Opinion Alot

i believe all the stats need to be doubled on about everything that can not be bought and/or make it to where attack skillpoints count for twice as much as they do now maybe a 2 times multiplier of skillpoints alone before its multiplied to the overall attack and defense.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  9. Friendly Fire

Absolutely.

Kano won't do anything though including changing the stats on these items because it would mean admitting they got it wrong, they are like little children who cannot admit fault, just look at the way they try and argue that the boss drops are different because how you get them is different even though this is demonstrably wrong. They would rather sit with their fingers in their ears than try and fix and address the problem.

I was going to quit before but after they made a post saying that things would change for the new location I decided to hang around and see what changes they had made. Lo and behold they made none, they just lied to us to try and placate us and keep us spending.

A poor show by everyone at Kano, not surprised so many are quitting and asking for their accounts to be deleted, they are sick of false promises. We are all still waiting months later for changes to be made that led to the boycott, nothing really has changed at all; they gave us a change to daily reward which if people sat and calculated it they would realise they actually gave us very little, especially when you consider you cannot now use the rewards now when stamina is already boosted.

They still have not addressed one of the big issues, mainly because they are clueless, and that is the use of bots, they deny that anyone is using them even though we all know they are, they say they can catch them using their detection tools, I would love to know how, seeing as their detection tools are completely imaginary.

An older player I know has been using a bot and creating alts to get the rewards from the referral system just to see if Kano can detect them (they planning on quitting) and guess what, months later they still have detected nothing and the alts are still running and the bot is still running. More proof that Kano cannot detect bots is the fact that they ban anyone who mentions bots in world chat, one of Kano said that this is because they didn't want new players getting curious and looking for bots, why would this bother Kano if they could actually detect them being used?

They think because very few of us make mentions in the forum that these things are not a problem not realising that I am asked to post in here on behalf of many many players.

I will be reposting this elsewhere with a larger audience so people can see this post if Kano delete it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Zoe Bell, maddog1122, sable and 4 others like this.
  10. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

I had long proposed that bought weapons add % to your allocated skills not simply addition.... we were told that weapons DO act as a multiplier "of sorts"... have check both my own and friend and they do not, they just add to your stats the weapon stats,,, thats not % based. Like friendlyfire said, we have been promised changes and held on for those changes but nothing has come of those promises...most of my old time players have either quit or barely come on... time to join them

11. Sir Opinion Alot

lol i dont even use the kill reward for the LA boss come on kano that is not cool at all really!!!!!!!!! I just checked what is going on when you get a boss reward that you do not use at all.......... This is whats wrong with your game

Xipe Totec likes this.
  12. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

this is exactly what I was talking about with crafting and new gifts and boss drops, at my level, there's nothing to do anymore even with the new city, as far as crafting. just more useless junk to sit in our inventory. don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that they brought out the new boss, with new gear, but I am not happy to sit another year with nothing to craft, the gifts section is outdated and no good, even if we could buy gear again, its no good cuz the stats are so low on gifts and stockpile items, that even the newbies wont be able to use them for long. this game is dead as far as high levels are concern, and its no wonder why so many people have quit over the last couple months with more to follow. so Mitch or Solomon, how about talking to us on here and explain to us, why the stats are this low and theres nothing to craft with the new city. again a big failure, even with all of our suggestions and lists on how to help you fix the problem

13. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

ok, maybe it is just me that is confused. I am hearing that the boss helper kill drop and minimum damage drop are and are not different. I might be new to this but for 49 out of 50 in alot of cases it is the same thing. I AM one of the new players. I am poor so no massive purchases of limited items for me. I do however go after those boss drops if they aren't hidden our too high levelled. As much as it might hurt me personally at the moment maybe they could be made scaleable depending on YOUR level up to a certain maximum amount? That way say I at level 682 can't get a bunch of friends to feed me low moon base and victoria bosses or whatnot and get awesome weapons from it. I'd get the item but it would be limited to say 25% or so? Then as I advance, the percentage goes up hitting 100% say within 1 or 2 cities of being able to post my own. Just a thought. You will never overcome the CREDIT CARD WARRIORS.

14. Friendly Fire

Sol posted this on the 7th of September

I pointed out that this statement was not followed upon and was demonstrably untrue and that even the new crafting was rubbish.

I would ask why this statement was made in this forum if Kano had no intention of following through with what was promised? I would argue that this was done purely to try an placate us.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Since it seems to have been missed, I will repost the explanation we gave for why the drop stats ended up where they did:

As you may have noticed, the newest LCN location, Los Angeles, has been released today, with bosses and crafting coming out before the end of this month. The new location is open to players level 9,820 and above, and of course comes packed with a new set of jobs and drops.
    Savvy forum posters will remember our announcement two weeks ago about changes to the game, which included a mention of location drop stat changes. I have some important news about this change, but it requires some explanation, so please bear with me.

We’ve heard from players for a long time that location drops are too weak to be used by players able to access the most recent location, especially when compared to new Limited items. For example, the Despot Pistol from the most recent Exham Penitentiary Location has stats of Att: 116 and Def: 119 (235 combined). In contrast, you can currently buy a Limited item like the Spiked Knuckles with stats of Att: 346 Def: 433 (779 combined), which is about 3x stronger.

This ratio of roughly 3x has been in place for a very long time, and it exists because it’s much easier to get these location drops. To illustrate this, the process of completing the location and getting the achievement (1400 jobs total) nets you about 420 items. If you didn’t use any free energy, you could get there by purchasing about 52 energy refills at a cost of 526 FP, the same cost as about 18 Limited items. Just as an example:

18x Spiked Knuckles: 14022 total in stats
    420x Despot Pistols: 98700 total in stats

This math doesn’t include the benefit of all the cash, XP and achievement benefits you get from completing those jobs, or reflect the fact that you could get a lot of this energy for free via boosts. But as you can see, there’s a significant discount on these items for their stat line.

So — location drops are pretty good for their price. But does anyone actually use them to fight?

In order to answer this question, we analyzed the average inventory for players able to access the top level Locations. It turns out that these Location drops are still strong enough to replace worse items in most people’s inventories at this level; you can equip so many items thanks to your friends and Hired Mobsters that it is still beneficial to collect a whole lot of these drops.

Now: in order to make doubly sure that these items are usable by players at this level, we have bumped them up slightly so their average stat line is around 250 combined. This should guarantee that all the location drops from Los Angeles, and future locations, will be able to replace weaker items in most players’ inventories — and keep in mind that crafted items will also be proportionally stronger, further ensuring these items are useful to most players.

Now, I know this isn’t the kind of boost many of us were expecting, myself included. The single largest problem in the game right now, in my eyes, is that long-time players aren’t getting the benefit of their hard-won inventories because many of the items aren’t useful anymore. I thought that location drops were a big reason why, and I was hoping this change would have a big effect. But the statistics show that new Location Drops are actually relatively strong and are indeed used in people’s inventories, so we need to look for other solutions to bridge this gap.

We’ve discussed the Pawn Shop (trading in old Limited items), changes to the Raid Bosses, and a number of other ideas, but so far, the data we’ve found shows that these things don't have as much of an impact on that problem as changes to Crafting theoretically would. We promised to make changes to things like Location Drops, so we have within a safe limit, but hopefully that explains why some of these changes have been smaller than we expected at first.

Our plans for Crafting are material for an entirely different thread, but I hope you’ll agree with me that this issue and potential fix are among the biggest issues right now. Going forward, we'd like to continue sharing more of the stats behind the game with you guys to help explain why we're doing things in a certain way.

If you have any questions about this change, or Location drops and stats in general, I will do my best to answer them, but let’s keep things on topic; I’ll put up a new thread about crafting once I have some more info to share on that.

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The problem with this logic: the job/boss drops are consumables, they all will be replaced when there is a new location.
    Both the Job and the Boss drops will replace an item in our inventory, so for the real improvement from his stats we have to subtract the replaced items stats.

For ex, I take the best drop weapon from Exham and from LA. (the Despot Pistol I think was a challenge drop that makes a lot more effort to make it)

Exham : Totalitarian Attack 127 Defense 133 = 260 combined
    L.A. : Prop Rifle 128 Attack 139 Defense = 267 combined

the current best limited: Silver Bullets 392 Attack 392 Defense = 784 combined

Making 1000 workshop ( + 2000 gifts) I gain 1000 * (267 - 260) = 7000 stats

with one single limited I gain 784-260 = 524 stats.

So doing 1000 workshop items equals buying 7000/524=13.35 Limiteds

In conclusion spending 1000*3*190/4000 *10 FP = 1425 FPs for energy refills is complete delusional, as when there is a new location all this drops will be replaced again, and after that we have 6 months, when we have nothing else to do with our daily energy.

Its good news that you are trying to do more crafting, but I doubt that the end result will be other, than doubling the useless items in our inventory.

17. Sir Opinion Alot

theres a difference in using them and adding very few points overall. When you bump your stats only by 1 5 or even 10 on the attack and defense it really dont make a difference when your dealing in the millions ...... We used to see a major jump in stats when we massed 100, 500 even 1000 items, but with all the new stuff and what not, and over years of gathering stuff they really dont make a difference. You guys only see we use the items you really dont understand they dont have a impact. Heres is our problem in on sentence THEY DO NOT MAKE A IMPACT WITH MASS NUMBERS

18. Sir Opinion Alot

thanks for showing the the math i should have broken it down myself, the overall cost to get this items make them useless basically

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Nobody else have thoughts on this?

20. Sir Opinion Alot

I love this ideal get rid of restrictions on the optimals all the way around would be nice or at least for each item location the optimals should be unlocked once you get to that city at least. Also its upsetting to see that a convo like this has went on for over a year about all this and nothing is done, we are trying to not leave your game Kano.