Updates to Raid Bosses & Locations

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

Over the past few months we’ve collected a lot of feedback from the community about the improvements the game needs. We’re usually reluctant to announce these in advance because a lot of things can change, and we really don’t like letting you guys down.

That said, @mi7ch and myself have noticed a few comments of late that are bringing up the concern that Kano/Apps is all talk and no action. While we believe that communication is an important cornerstone of a healthy community, we do also need to bring out a few updates every now and again!

Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of everything we’re thinking about for the rest of the year and there will be more updates, but those are subject to change so I’m only talking about what is confirmed to be coming. I know many of you are concerned about Crafting, and that is a focus going forward, but there's a lot of data to crunch and we want to make informed decisions. Here’s what you can expect to see within the next few weeks:

Better Clarity Around Raid Rewards
    The rewards for the Raid Event are rightly sought after for their power and rarity, but the process of actually bagging yourself an item or a sweet Superior can sometimes be fuzzy. Currently in the Raids if have have over 2,000 minimum actions (1,000 of those being healing actions) you have a chance at a drop, and potentially a Superior. But what kind of chance?

Starting with the next Viking Clan Raid Event on September 8th, we’re changing the “minimum actions complete” on the Raid Boss banner to better indicate your chance of getting a drop. You will see something like: "unlikely", "likely", or "very likely". Note that nothing in life is guaranteed as the saying goes, but you will now see a more direct relation between the effort you put into a Raid and the likelihood of getting the loot you were chasing. Keep in mind that other players surpassing you in actions can reduce your chances, so check back on old raids to keep your luck strong.

Improvements to Location Item Strength
    As time has gone on one thing has been abundantly clear: players are much stronger than the loot that drops from Locations, be it Job, Boss, or Minigame. Kano was following a logical progression, but that progression is outdated.

Coming this month with the next Mob Wars: LCN Location, Item stats are being re-done to better match the strength levels of the players who are able to access the Location. Please adjust your expectation accordingly, Limited Items will still be the strongest items in the game for the foreseeable future and we won’t be changing older Locations to match, but you will definitely get more use out the next Location’s items than you have for the past few.

Two updates may not look like a lot, but they will both make some pretty big ripples in the status quo. We’re going to try and be better about keeping you all up to date about what is coming down the pipe for the remainder of 2016, so I hope to bring you another one of these posts in short order.

Thanks as always for your support, contributions to the games and feedback!

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ok so as far as raids, now if ya only did the min there is no chance of a superior, when there always has been, ?? I know many who don't want to level like crazy people , but just want to help out friends and or just get an item, whatever it is, or it is till random just , more clarification , not sure what it means now.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's the same as it was before, but now it highlights the correlation between more actions and an increased chance to get Superiors. So instead of just saying "minimum actions complete" it will tell you how likely you are to get a better drop.

4. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

5. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

for those that won't look I said " er what!"o_O

6. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

It's another way to blow smoke up our other side. I put no faith in what is said here now. Hence my seldom posting in the forum now.

7. about Improvements to Location Item Strength.. ..
    Loyalty Items -Diamond for example .. the item you can buy for loyalty points the attack and defence much more week than items you get from Gods -LIMITED QUANTITY .. so level 1 can just buy better and stronger items than you get from Loyalty points. the points that you save up by supporting game and Kano.. i think Loyalty items should be far out stronger .. so players feel more loyal and not let down .
    no hard feelings ,thx ;) Jack

Attached Files:

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  8. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Nice to see something happening, but I am curious. If I read the above correctly, what you are saying is.
    That if you are one of the 42 players on fb or the 7 on kongregate (soryy, don't know the numbers for kp servers) that is above level 9670 you will see some higher stats on a city that most likely will come out within next 4 months.
    And on raids, you will see a text-based stop light, telling you if your chance is increasing for superior.

Am I missing out on something, or is this the currently combined results for 3 months work :) I think, I will just pretend I never read the above post.

9. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

Hahahahaha,
    You have to be kidding right????? I would rather have no update then this croc of an update.

10. MEGAWOLF

MEGAWOLF Member

hahahahhha....... So your saying there's a chance? Funny Sh*t is i didn't even do 0 damage in 2 of them since they stated and i got a purple drop. Go figure but i was cool with it...

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  11. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

this is a bunch of shit kano wtf really you aint helping noone but a select few and this is really crazy you need to fix alot more than just with a new city so all the crap all others have done is a slap in the face, im done talking with you when your players are gone you will see and understand why, this also dont help the lopsided game you have the problem has been with spenders and you will not fix any issues this way............ Raids and only the people in the new city will be able to use or get a kinda update to outdated items. keep your mafia wars spenders and let them support your game cause this right here is the last straw im about over this i keep saying it over and over yet you do nothing for your long term players you do realize 90% of the people complaining has played 7 years and 0nly 42 out of all those people will be in the new city so you are still just focusing around a certain area and as the way these newbies are leveling they are getting the best of both worlds they have been given deals that we never seen, our old cities gave out crap but now they paid and will be in the new city they get the benefit of the higher items, kano rethink you just slapped in the face of all the people who supported your game.

12. Sir Opinion Alot

wow this is the best you can come up with only 42 people will benefit what are you thinking, you havent fixed nothing your bandage for the problem is even worse , few years ago you upped the stats on old items if your not taking any suggestions to fix or let us sell for a decent amount in the pawn shop then do the fair thing and up the items again...............Esp. since now the monthly crates are totalled at almost 1000 this right here is the problem if you got items like this then your others items should be alot higher without having to buy you have made this a cash game

13. john frances

john frances Member

Well glad to see you notice peoples commenting in the past :) but the up dates propsed will only help the fast leveling playes get bigger quicker as they will hit raids ti death to be sure of getting a better chance of suppiror drop on raids. Yet again it dont address the non healers and the the raids helping leverls so IMHO its NOT GOOD and will not help the long term players who have stuck with Kano and are leaving due to and since introduction of raids

14. Lagertha

Lagertha New Member

That is an improvement! Thank you! :)

15. Don off sorrow

Don off sorrow Active Member

we will see that , hoping to get something decent from raids :D

16. Neil Wheeler

Neil Wheeler New Member

The change should keep the odds the same for the minimum and increase them if you do more. If you ruin BOSS RAIDS I am not sure I will continue playing. I was hoping you would do something to make it better not worse. You ignored my suggestion of offering blacksmith upgrades for the older drops. If this is your idea of making the game better than I hope you go back to not changing it in the future. At the very least you just made me decide not to purchase more favor points for this BOSS RAID and I am not very excited about it anymore and it has been my favorite event up to now. You are now grading BOSS WARS on a curve giving high-level players even a greater advantage than they already had. THANK YOU WELL DONE. This is type of thing made me quit MAFIA WARS a few years and start playing VIKING CLAN. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This game is becoming just like real life.

17. Sir Opinion Alot

just another nail in the coffin of pushing out old blood and making room for the new blood, when your new money is gone what are you gonna do about the old ones who spent regularly that have stopped due to your faults in the game that you refuse to fix or even admit there are issues.............. but good job kano your keeping ur spenders and fast lvlers happy when those are left and no playing field what are they going to do, wont need to spend and slowly game will die since no funds are coming in on a regular. regular customers keep your business going influx of big spenders dont always stay its quick fast cash and can disappear just as quick

Erik Bergstrom likes this.
  18. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch i know im going to get alot of cr@p for posting this but who care's. on adventures why should a level 10k get the same drop's as a level 30k+, players at that level earn't high drops if others want it they build up levels to get it make them play abit more

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  19. Giuseppe D'Amato

Giuseppe D'Amato New Member

Game for almost seven years every day. I am regularly beaten by those who joined just six months ago. This can not happen because the veterans who do not have money to spend, they abandon the game.

20. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

Freakin' Ray - I want to click faster - Update Please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.