Advent Calendar - limited time feature

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Smack, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

With December upon us, (and Black Friday behind us) it is officially Holiday season! To celebrate we have created an Advent Calendar for each of our games. The rules are simple, open a door to win a prize and if you open all of the doors you will receive the Kano Shield which is unique to this Advent Calendar.

Advent Calendar Rules
    • You will receive 1 Free Key every day at midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST)
      note: you can only hold 1 Free Key at a time
    • *New Rule* Doors can be opened in any order at any time.
    • Open all of the doors before the game expires to receive the Kano Shield
    • Recruit the help of your friends to earn extra Keys. Free key at 5, 10, 15 and 30 friends helping.

The calendar begins on December 1st and ends on December 25th but we will leave the calendar active to open doors till the start of the New Year in case you miss a few days.

Happy Holidays from everyone at Kano Apps!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. cesarr

cesarr Member

5%

$462,203,776

5 FP's

10476 XP
    Awesome!

3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Advent Calendar

i was just wondering when will the doors start showing up so we can play

4. Druster

Druster New Member

Good thing!!!!!!!!!

Well, why should i ask for extra keys??? What can i do with them if the 1 regular key reloads every day at midnight???

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just like the real deal, you can open a door a day starting December 1st. But you cannot open a door before the day, so for December 15th you can open doors 1-15 but cannot open 16-25. Unlike your typical advent calendar you must play at least once from December 1-25 and each day you come back you will get a key to unlock a door.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Refresh the game in your browser and the new images should show up.

As for when you can start playing, the Advent Calendar begins on December 1st at 00:00 Pacific Standard Time and you will get your last daily Key refill on December 25th.

If you play every day and use your key each day then you will never need extra keys to complete the game. But if you miss a couple of days, say over a weekend, when you return you will only have the 1 free key to use. Therefore any keys you earn through friend requests or purchase will assist you when you have more available doors than you have keys.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Rule Change

Due to the fact that a couple of people managed to get the Kano Shield early and that some people have more keys than doors to open, we have removed the restrictions on which doors you can open. Every door is now available to be opened at any time so long as you have a key to do so. The store has also been opened up so you can purchase more then 1 key at a time.

Also added is the ability to earn an extra key when you have 30 friends helping. You now earn an extra key for every 5, 10, 15 and 30 friends helping.

So you can continue to get your daily free key to complete this like a regular Advent Calendar, or you can open your present early ;)

The rules in the top post have been updated to reflect these changes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Last edited by Smack; Today at 07:59 PM. Reason: Rule Change - All Doors Available to be Opened

cool i have 15 more friends to help so 30/30 soon and than i will open number 25 to see santa face :p just need more key now :eek:

10. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

My guess is they had to use FP points and bought the extra keys so they could get the doors open sooner

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Bit disappointed here ... but I will take this as a Kano Chanukah's Gift :) ... Its still a mystery on how they cracked the code ...

PS I am trying to hold off ... trying ...

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

During our midnight release of this feature, we had a bug show up that allowed doors to be opened out of sequence. We had it fixed at about 12:10 but that was too late as some had already rushed to open all the doors, only a few people completed it so that was not a driving force in making this change.

The biggest driving force has been the number of support emails we have gotten around people asking why they can't use their extra keys. After some internal debate and tiredness of replying to extra key support emails we decided to let the players open their advent calendar however they like, just like the real deal. You can rush to open it before the 25th or take your time, that is up to you but everyone can only play through once.

We have extended the friend help to give +1 key when a total of 30 friends help, we will likely be extending the number of keys +1 in the next couple of days.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member

Kendall, the bug still exists :|

14. not a bug anymore

15. Eddie

Eddie Member

oh ok thanks for letting me know

16. Eddie

Eddie Member

I just asked a few people, and I DID hit a bug, I was able to unlock door after door without my key being taken away. So in a few seconds I opened all the doors without using any favor points. Kendall?!?! lol

17. dam now take a screen shoot and show the picture :D

18. Eddie

Eddie Member

You can see the weapon, I have it equipped :D 78a 78d

19. i think Para meant the santa picture after unlocking all doors :D, and the weapon is great lol perfect balance in attack and defense :)

20. Eddie

Eddie Member

I dont think Kendall would want me to post that picture, dont want to spoil the surprise ;)