[LCN] Addressing Player Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

i want a kick back on my hire mobbed i had to buy each one the hard way, i think 30% of total cost should be kick back to all the players that did not get the offer on hired mob. As for items and what not Friendly fires ideal about the 12 total items for referral should be given. And items really should be bumped without us having to trade them in, after this a solution to old items should be figured out this can take a little longer if the ideas stated was place quickly. the items being traded in can be addressed after you fixed the mobbies and upping the stats then work on the exchange program for future items and unforeseen issues and with the exchange or maybe weapon random generator using x amount of crappy items and small amount of fps 5 to 8 fps nothing major.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

There was a screenshot of that posted weeks? ago. I wasn't aware it was still an ongoing deal but I suppose I should have been.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well isn't that generous, I want a rebate for buying my Hireds at full price and while ya at it for PC and VC also, and I want FP's also for free, since ya practically giving stuff away for just about free.

4. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

If this is true i give up it took a long time to build and now newbees are having it handed to them what a load of crap!

Rhenkle1 and Kirsten like this.
  5. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Disgraceful - is that what they think of us? - absolute Joke on us

Rhenkle1 and Kirsten like this.
  6. Kirsten

Totally

7. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

You must be on drugs, heavy ones. Nowhere in my post did I mention extra fps. For someone with a name like sir opinion alot, you really don't read well. I'm saying if kano were to lower the cost of the fp packs, even by a small percentage, it could entice more people to spend, creating more turnover and cash flow, which in turn could give them more money for dev time, more staff and so on, it's like if you go to a shop and it has an item for $10 and another shop has exactly the same item for let's say $6.50, where are you more likely to spend your money? I know where I'd be going, I'd be going to the shop that sells the item for cheaper, so would many people, it's a saving on the buyers behalf BUT the cheaper shop is going to sell more of that item than the more expensive shop, does that make it easier for you to compute? Is that simplified enough for you? It only makes sense but seems some people do not have sense.

8. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

Actually, he has a point you are missing. If they did a reduction in the cost of FP, people who have been here and spending heavily throughout would feel the money they've put in is suddenly diminished in value compared to what the new offer would be. We already see 'but the limited quantity/time items are terrible, they need to be updated'. The same thing would happen with FP. People would make the point they'd want parity with what they spent compared to the updated price.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  9. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

What sucks even worse is the fact that those of us who have lost our game connected Facebook accounts and can only access our games through Google login, don't have access to either the godfathers absolution or the referrals, THAT I find to be a bit unfair and what's worse is that if we want to get our game transferred to a new fb, we have to rebuild mob and take the chance of having a bugged out account like not being able to hit bosses etc... This I was told by one of the support staff, I tried asking what the success rate is of accounts that have been transferred previously and got somewhat shrugged off.

10. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Hey, alright, round 2.

@robbin gordon @Bocce Yep there's a Pawn Shop, it only appears in your inventory if you have Limited items that nobody in your clan is currently using (pretty unlikely.) We're looking at changing this to help encourage people to update their inventory and thereby get the rewards from having higher SP in Attack and Defense than new players.

@Bocce It was a lot of pages of thread to read through! Sorry I missed some points:
    1) Giving people ways to earn SP outside of levelling etc. is tough, those are indelibly linked to levelling so there'd be complications. Crafting is set up to allow people to use location, boss etc. drops still as they get obsoleted, and I'd rather focus on this to help keep those old items relevant.
    2) You do earn LP for playing on a daily basis, and if you've been in the game longer you should have a higher loyalty tier than a new player. It does get harder to collect LP at higher levels if you aren't spending, maybe there's some tweaks we could make to address that, but like many things in the game collecting LP gets tougher the higher level you are.
    3) You can buy Hireds for FP already — sorry if I'm misunderstanding you!

@S E T H I dunno if we could do that, basically it would drive inflation in the game by giving everyone more FP and make spenders yet stronger. I appreciate that you're looking for ways to drive more purchases though ;)

@Xipe Totec Thanks for hanging in here and contributing, I really appreciate it — a more regular dialogue is definitely something I want to keep going. We do appreciate the presence of older players, and we are happy to roll out changes that in some cases do award FP (achievements for example). To touch on what you and @gods people said in terms of older players being stronger, basically if you and a new player had the exact same loadout (if you both bought a ton of Limited Items for example) then you would be a lot stronger, because your SP in Attack and Def multiply the strength of those items. We're at a point now where older players in some cases haven't bought new Limiteds in a while, so their inventory is weaker and therefore they can be beat by people who have the new Limiteds. We're working to make the Pawn Shop useful, to increase the stats of location and boss drops, and add a new tier of Raid drops so higher levels have more options to improve their inventory besides just buying Limiteds. It's always been possible for a new player to come in and buy a ton of Limiteds, and it happened a fair bit even before the Mafia Wars shutdown. The assumption we had was that people at higher levels would continue to buy new Limiteds so their inventory and SP would stay balanced in strength. That hasn't happened so we are looking at how the incentives got messed up and trying to fix that.

Re: Battle Arena, it didn't seem like many people liked the fact that people could stay Defensive and turtle for days and still win, without really competing in the event. That was the major impetus for changes; if we have a fix for that I think we could consider rolling back some other adjustments.

@Angel or Not I believe we have some pretty concrete defences against things like Fiddler. I know players report things like this and we do always check it out, but we rarely see major spikes in actions that'd tip us off to cheating. If you have examples of people you suspect of using these tools, maybe in a more subtle way over time, I'd like to check those out — please leave a ticket!

@Rhenkle1 Trying to be as clear and honest as I can... Are achievements/trophies for BA the biggest concern here?

@Zoe Bell If we wanted to silence people we'd just shut down the forum! I'm here because I want to hear your ideas, talk about what we can and can't do, and come to a consensus on the issues that you guys think are most important. We've already rolled out the Daily Rewards change to deliver more stamina, which lot of people were asking for; I hope this shows that we are willing to put your suggestions into motion. For the record, Facebook doesn't pay game developers to make games for their platform.

@Sandy Barrows I'm sorry to hear we're letting you down. What kind of changes would you like? Do you think the ones we've suggested are bad? What would you replace them with?

@Friendly Fire The Referrals system was based exactly on the Godfather Absolution one, and the rewards are the same, so the option to get 25 people worth of signups has been around for a while. We built that Absolution system a while back specifically as a way for older players to collect some rewards for this type of work, so in a sense the Referrals system was a way to extend that deal to new players who could bring on new friends. We would like to recognize you guys for bringing people in over the course of the game, but we'd prefer to do that by building features and fixing things that make the game more fun for you instead of crediting free stuff.

Re: the Starter Pack deal offered to new players. Yes, this is a current deal. I know, it's a pretty great deal. For the record, this deal is only available ONCE, so you can only get 10 Mobsters as part of this one time — you can't fill up your whole mob with them at this price. We are also planning on rolling out some discount packages for higher levels as people asked for them, so keep your eyes peeled for similar one-time-only deals that'll hopefully be more relevant to you guys.

@S E T H We need to use FB to track signups and people returning to the game, so it's tough to separate that from the tool. I hope Mitch's explanation was adequate but if not feel free to re-open the ticket and we'll answer what we can.

11. Sandy Barrows

Thanks for the acknowledgement Sol - it's so long ago that I commented - I will have to read back to see :p maybe the newest offer to the new entrants - I'll get back to you - xx If so I think the timing was a bit awkward

12. Sandy Barrows

Or was it the lack of addressing raids boss killers - or was it about addressing the glitch with the referrals - or was it the strength of old purchases that are now worth bugger all - or maybe all of the above -

13. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

@Scoughman ( i like i can flag you now ;) ).....

you mean like this item ?

Limb Choppers

114 Attack

104 Defense

i do NOT use it..... and i do not see how i can pawn it....?

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

1. If you are not using it, then go to STOCKPILE and at Filter By select Limited Items

Capture.PNG

2. And if you scroll down, you can find your item with a Sell back for 5-6 FPs

A capture from another Kano game, ZS:
    Capture2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
    Scoughman and robbin gordon like this.
  15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The defense mode lasts only a few hours and not days. Now that those players don't sing up anymore, the number of participants dropped to at least half in all your games, as a result the number of players who are rewarded dropped to. If before there where 10 10FP rewards and 20 5 FP rewards, now only half are getting it, in the end the active players are the one who lost most with the changes.

If most of the players made all the BA Achievements more than 2 years ago.... why should they bother to keep playing it?

But maybe you are right, and its to late to make changes now, as the players who already have lost their interest in playing it, hardly will return.

16. robbin gordon

Thanks alot, Gazember !!! i found a whopping 4 items not being used.... but hundreds so low, and close to being obsolete soon.... <smh> sad. good to know how to find them now.... thanks again for the explanation :)

Scoughman likes this.
  17. robbin gordon

@Scoughman - you know what the saddest part is, sol... ? those 4 items just about equal ONE limited amount item. 80 gf's for ONE item that i would still have to add gf's to get. now do you understand the anger and frustration ??? NOT taking it out on you, sol.... just trying to open your eyes to our plight, here.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You got the USE out of it in the past when bought, so why moaning, now it's useful again :p

19. Tiny Vile Lyn

Tiny Vile Lyn Member

Why not create a Loyalty Pack for the long time players? You would use the same algorithm you do for new accounts but reversed, so its only available to players who have been here a year or more. But I think they should be able to buy 1 for each year they have played, instead of just getting 1 like the starter packs. Make it a 1 time offer - giving them a couple of weeks to buy, then shut it down so that the new players never get it. Make a special weapon, armor, and vehicle for the pack, that is higher than what can be purchased by everyone, and that will never be available to the new players. Seems to me, this would fix a lot of the problem.

20. Kirsten

Some had five hours of def modeand would ride out the arena not fighting except for the min and rank in the top ten in PC all the time they were heavy in defense just for the arena ranking better than those that actually participated and went all out, they were like turtles .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.