Should We Improve Raid Boss Achievements and Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

As I’m sure you’ve seen, some Raid Bosses have been coming back around for second or even third bout.

For those who haven’t had the chance to take them down the first time, it’s a great opportunity to collect the achievement and earn some of the drops. For those of you have have been around since the Raids have begun, we’ve heard from some of you that there’s not much reason to participate when these Bosses make their second or third appearance.

We’ve been thinking along the same lines too and we’ve been kicking around some thoughts that we wanted run past you.

Currently Raid Bosses only have one achievement associated with them and one set of items encompassing the Common and Superior types. What we’re thinking is that we could add some additional Raid Boss achievements, and earning those achievements would allow you to unlock the potential to earn a higher set of item rewards.

So if you’ve never completed a Boss, or have completed it under the set amount of times for the second achievements, you’ll earn the current base awards. Beat it enough times and you’ll unlock the next set of stronger rewards, and so on. We’re hoping this will provide some motivation to continue doing the Raids as well as give you some stronger items along the way. Stronger rewards will also really drive home the need for teamwork and the necessity of keeping your Party hale and hearty.

Our surveys and analytics have shown us that Raids are one of our most consistently popular events, though I know not everyone is a big fan. We’d really like to make them fun and useful for all different types of players, so if you have any suggestions around our current idea or ones you’d like to pitch, I’m more than happy to hear them.

This change will require some substantial re-tooling of the existing Raid Boss structure, so provided everything goes well it still might take us a little bit. This will give us more time to consider feedback and make adjustments, so if there is any more aspects of the potential change we need to talk about, we’ll bring them back to this thread.

2. jocularatrix

jocularatrix New Member

'Sounds good! At my level, the current drops don't mean much. None of them are good enough to equip and a few don't even make my 1000 weapons list. Thus a ladder of achievements could revive my interest. P.S. I am not s "new member" as my description says. I logged in as I have for years, but perhaps many of us are "new" again?

JAMES SCOTT and Dixie Chic like this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have to say I am not that interested in more raid stuff, when I have countless items that now are useless legendaries, pushed out by all the new, can we build on some of the old before expending so much "substantial re-tooling of the existing"

4. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

Nope you guys are generous enough

Birkebeiner likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

couldn't care any less, Kano use to have a new one and then a repeat now they are being repeated too many times, that is not cool, I don't care if someone was not playing when a raid was first or repeated , enough already

6. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Rewards not so much they all ready thrown a wrench in the works. Achievement's that's a go, instead of reward items, i would like to see better ratio of energy drops while attacking to help ease the pain of the upper half of the board, Those who do 25% or more of the raid themselves should get 50% or better in stamina and energy refill they have put in more than enough fps to receive this or even better a full energy and half stamina. We know the energy and stamina wont get changed for lvl up, at least make it to where we are not spending alot of fps just for a lvl, i remember when these things started i was getting 7 lvls and then later 5 and it decline to where getting 1 lvl is costly. And the thing of it is where ever you go everyone thinks the uppers should do more since they got more resources which may be true but after the freebies are done, they forget they get 5 fps from the levels they gain and its not as costly to keep going, for a 3rd tier they basically have to be buying refills for each level. its kinda odd you would like xp ratio compared to a lvl would be fairly same but they way off, it would be like a upper level getting less xp for attacking a regular boss and a lower level getting more xp for attacking same boss after awhile the uppers will stop doing them since its not a good payoff, with raids the best thing for uppers is to join alot and do min. and do a hell mary and get the half way decent xp then. Its topsy turvy with them

7. hc1

hc1 New Member

Thought this one was suppose to be easier to get keys....Know many that have spent thousands and still do not have all 4.......Including Me.....

8. Zicon

Zicon New Member

Maybe you could add a blacksmith recipe that uses items from a few different raids?

Sindi, Zoonie, Birkebeiner and 5 others like this.
  9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

When the first Raid came out, the Superior drops strength was very close to actual LIMITED TIME's strength, now the same drops are far weaker then the current LIMITED'S, as they aged like 1.5-2 years and for me they are not worth the same effort to get them. A simple update on the drops stats or just replacing the drops with newer ones would be a lot easier.

10. ben

ben Active Member

get rid of the repeats and raise the stats where people can use them ;)

11. Ares

Ares New Member

The recent change in daily rewards is a great booster for doing raids.
    I'm glad you'll are trying to make the game interesting in more ways , though many aren't interested to change.

Sindi and Scoughman like this.
  12. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

I think that if something like this was to occur, for the higher, better rewards, people should have to do much more than the stock standard 2k actions because as it stands, several people do hundreds of raids and doing nothing more than the bare minimum of actions required, I think that limiting the amount of raids one can join would be a foot in the right direction to put a stop to the "free riders" also if you do more than say 20-30 million damage and a certain amount of heals that would qualify you for the better rewards. I think that if you were to add achievements for the raids, they should consist of number of actions done, kind of like the way the ba and sw achievements are but with a higher amount of fps as part of the rewards, I mean, let's face it, these things are a cash pit so seeing something given back for cash spent other than loyalty points, which in affect, we are buying as well as fps, would be nice.

Sindi, Zoonie, Harley Vixen and 8 others like this.
  13. Ceathing Bad Kitty

Ceathing Bad Kitty New Member

:) Maybe a 10 raid Limit at a time and cannot join another one until one of the raids is finished.

Sindi, Harley Vixen, Rick B and 5 others like this.
  14. Brad Jessome

Brad Jessome Member

I would like too see better achievement awards for raid bosses. Set them up similar to a regular boss. Kill it once get skill points. Kill it 5x and get better rewards and kill it 10x get even better rewards.

Sindi, HJM and StoneCK like this.
  15. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Hi Mitch, There are multiple actions you can take that would make using the same raid boss.
    1. For every 5 raid bosses completed you receive a bonus of skill points and FPs similar to level achievements, etc.
    2. For every raid boss you start and complete you receive a bonus of skills points and FPs similar to achievements
    3. You can combine rewards to a significantly stronger reward - has to have an impact on personal loadouts and overall strength
    4. More complex actions would be to make an individual raider stronger based on number of raid boss rewards earned which would enable them to level faster and kill a raid boss faster
    Thank you for asking
    Robert

Sindi, HJM and Chasity like this.
  16. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

Zoonie and Curves like this.
  17. shane7

shane7 New Member

im still shut down from last raids so i dont give a flying stufff fiurst.PNG

18. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Actually, what I would like to see is the addition of a clan help request similar to what is available on the regular bosses. Currently we are only allowed to keep it private by posting links to those we want to have it or completely public. I, for one, will not post a raid on Public. Too many chances to either get it killed or get people you do not want it in the Raid. A button for Request help would be the WTG. It will then appear in your clan feed.

19. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

20 raid limit and when 1 is done you may join another just no more than 20 at a time, rewards for the raids should have fps, stamina refills, energy refills, but for this 1 must do so much x amount of damage and make this tiered rewards each with more damage and heals done the better payout example some does 150 million gets stamina refill, energy refill and 1 lvl xp for completing boss and 75 million gets 50% energy and 50% stamina and 1 lvl xp......... Also i think if you kill off 10 raids total in all of the raids period you are banned from them for good, i understand boycotting but this killing them for no reason is kinda outta line, you messing with people games not kano really. And if its a mistake 10 fail attempts is enough trys

Sindi, JAMES SCOTT, HJM and 2 others like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agreed, as well few other things
    Get rid of the 3 links as well and just make it 1 link, it really does make it a PIA looking up a player's level, copy corresponding link then find person again to send link.
    As well, if a non-clan somehow gets hold of the link, they are not able to join unless you have the raid boss set to public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.