[LCN] how to calculate stam needed for boss fight

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by kari, Jun 17, 2016.

1. kari

kari New Member

I received an invite to participate in a level 40 moon boss and was really happy to get it. I'm just over lvl 500 and am afraid I can't get min dmg in a reasonable amt of time. I didn't want to join and take a spot from someone if I can't finish, so clicking with 5 stam and doing the math only to find out I can't do it isn't the thing to do. I want to respect my fellow mobbies by not wasting a space and I also don't want to embarass myself by not being able to finish. I know, for example, how much stam it takes me for a lv 22 Madrid boss. Is there a rule of thumb for me to estimate how much I need for moon, accounting for the fact that the Moon boss is a lot higher level and in a much higher location?

2. sable

sable New Member

your health makes big difference on boss damage, the higher your health means less stamina used to get your drop, not sure if there is a way of working it out, but might be wrong

3. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

No idea how it's calculated but like sable says, more health = more damage, so less stamina needed. More attack skills is also more damage. Finaly it's better to wait until 25 others have joined the boss to get a bigger attack bonus. You can also try to be the last one in for the biggest attack bonus but that's risky.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If you click on rewards it will show you the min damage needed.

Justin the killer likes this.
  5. kari

kari New Member

Yes, I know that under the reward section it lists the min. damage, and that we do more damage with more health. The question is if there is a way to estimate how much stam I need because the bosses get harder, i.e. I get more damage per stam on a moretti than on a maponga, and more per stam on a maponga than on a silva. Those I do often enough to have a feel for them and what levels I can handle. My question is for the really high bosses that I rarely see, and if there is a formula or even a rule of thumb, I can calculate what I can do. It took me over 400 stam to get the just under 400k damage needed for a lvl 22 Madrid boss. If the level 40 Moon boss needs a million damage, I can't just multiply my 400k by 2.5 because the boss itself is much harded. So I am looking for guidelines. I know I can tap for five stam, see what percent damage I get and multipy it out, but that is not fair if I do so and don't have enough in the first place.

6. Kirsten

No idea I don't do math and def not for games. But the higher level a boss is the more damage ya gonna have to do that is for sure, If I had to figure out stuff like you are asking that would not be fun for me lol

Marc14 likes this.
  7. kari

kari New Member

:D I wasn't really good in math, either and having fun is the only important part here, I agree. I was just hoping that someone had a feel for this: I don't want to snap up a boss slot unless I can finish.

8. Kirsten

Work on stam get it up there eventually you will be able to do high level bosses , keep an eye for baby bosses that a high level gets they will be easy on the stam

9. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Just hit it and see what happens and try to remember it for the next time. It's all about experience (not XP but your own experience with the game) and after a while you will know what you can and can't do with your stamina. And don't worry about filling that spot. On a moon boss there will be enough other players that will do more than minimum to compensate if you don't get minimum.